The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Cool! I wonder why the online draftniks out there don't give him a lot of credit. He's way down on lists, and looked at as a 4-5th rounder wherever I see. But I've always liked him.
    It could be a little Wisconsin bias on my end but I think he's either the first or second best guard in this draft class...it's between him and Marcus Cannon and I would place both as mid 2nd round picks just because of the position they play

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

IMO, the Big Ten produces the best OL talent overall. They tend to be more intelligent and more blue collar. The guys from the south seem to be more athletic, but more undisciplined, lazy and tend to rely too much on raw talent/size.

Just a generalization. Not saying it's true in every case.
      Big Ten tends to produce better NFL players overall b/c the schools are generally better and the player environment still has an element of academics.

They are not as NFL ready from a body perspective but in terms of brains and skill sets -- yes they are.

Plus, I think guys who play in the cold and on grass tend to be much tougher. You are used to playing the elements that guys from the south don't like.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
        Ok bob, I'm remembering that post. So if/when we draft Carimi or anyone from wisconsin you don't say, "those big 10 lineman are too unathletic, stupid pick by Jerrah."
        Call me whatever names you want but if Jerry Jones took BPA from the Big Ten with every player of every draft for the last 15 ears -- we'd be better right now.

As I said, Wisconsin is loaded. They are really talented.

Comment

• I didn't call you any names.

The bottom line is, idc if the player is from D2, we need to take the best o-lineman possible. period.

Comment

• Thoughts on Eric Hagg, DB from Nebraska?

Looked pretty good last night vs. A&M. Looks like a tweener.

Comment

Does anyone like Sam Young as our RT of the future? The staff may see something in him that we don't get to see. He may be an absolute SCRUB athletically, but he just screams lunchpail RT to me. I'd be willing to give him a shot.
              He's beyond terrible. Every NFC East team would have a party if you named him your starting RT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                He's beyond terrible. Every NFC East team would have a party if you named him your starting RT.
                My thoughts exactly. Can't believe we even drafted him.

Comment

• Colombo couldn't block my mom today, RT is a need, I hope Jerry sees that.

Comment

Colombo couldn't block my mom today, RT is a need, I hope Jerry sees that.
                    The way we keep winning, we'll be picking mid first round. LT could be a possibility there, so we can move Free back to the right.

I hate taking the best of a bad class though. That's what Sherrod seems to be in the OT class. Maybe some juniors declare to make it better. I like Reiff and LOVE Smith. Tyron Smith in the mid first round is not a far reach, imo. Though I would love to nab him in the 2nd if he declares and reaches that far.

Comment

• I'm on the T/G in the 1st round bandwagon. I have no problem with taking a RT with our pick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Free is a fine LT d-unit. Don't fix what isn't broken. It's like you have a 10 million dollar stock and your selling it for the risk of making an 11 million dollar stock. Free is ballin out and a natural LT, I don't get you logic.

Sure he's had a rough spot or two, but look at the pass rushers we've had to face:

Orakpo, Peppers, Mario Williams, Babin on the titans, Jared Allen, The whole giants front 7 twice, Suh and Vanden Bosch, Clay Mathews, and the Jags front 4 ain't bad.

Free is our LT.

EDIT: and as for DE, it may not be a need. Bowen and Hatcher actually get to the passer, and Lissemore could be something too. The trick is that they are both free agents...
                        Last edited by xxxxxxxx; 11-22-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Cool! I wonder why the online draftniks out there don't give him a lot of credit. He's way down on lists, and looked at as a 4-5th rounder wherever I see. But I've always liked him.
                          I'd be real happy with Cannon in the 1st and Moffitt in the 3rd or something like that. If we could sign another G in FA, our OL would be in a pretty good spot. Try Moffitt at C during camp and see if he might be able to take over for Geroude in 2012. Then you can draft another G next year.
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                            I'd be real happy with Cannon in the 1st and Moffitt in the 3rd or something like that. If we could sign another G in FA, our OL would be in a pretty good spot. Try Moffitt at C during camp and see if he might be able to take over for Geroude in 2012. Then you can draft another G next year.
                            I'm going to find out more about Moffitt as a Center... gonna post something on the prospect forum.

Comment

• I agree that Free going back to the Right side is not an option. I know we discuss alot of different scenarios here like going to the 4-3, Newman to FS, but I don't even think it's a chance Free goes to RT, that and there isn't even close to a LT worth a top 20 pick that would step in much better then Free, RT is pretty easy to find.

Cannon and Moffitt would be pretty sexy though, we'd still be lacking at both safety positions and CB most likely, depending on who is picked up in FA.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Thank you LL. Free is our LT. Moving him is just messing with things that don't need to be messed with. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information