No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally saw Patrick Peterson and now I know what the hype is about. Good God that man is a freak. It wouldn't surprise me if he becomes the #1 overall pick if he times well at the combine.

You can't put a price on a potential shut down CB. And his measurables are off the charts. Every time he played press man last night the poor guy had no chance of getting a catch.

And fwiw, I don't think he can move to safety. He seems very uninspired to play the run and get his nose dirty. He just let WRs block him and push him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      So I finally saw Patrick Peterson and now I know what the hype is about. Good God that man is a freak. It wouldn't surprise me if he becomes the #1 overall pick if he times well at the combine.

You can't put a price on a potential shut down CB. And his measurables are off the charts. Every time he played press man last night the poor guy had no chance of getting a catch.

And fwiw, I don't think he can move to safety. He seems very uninspired to play the run and get his nose dirty. He just let WRs block him and push him back.
      So a 6'1 220lb freak gets pushed around by college WR and we are sweatin' him?

Whatever, get me NT, OL, ILB and I will be happy. Heck get me a QB to develop for 1-2 seasons like Mallet.

We need more edge players like Jerrah needs more botox.

Comment

• Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
        So a 6'1 220lb freak gets pushed around by college WR and we are sweatin' him?

Whatever, get me NT, OL, ILB and I will be happy. Heck get me a QB to develop for 1-2 seasons like Mallet.

We need more edge players like Jerrah needs more botox.
        The next Ryan Leaf...No thanks

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          So I finally saw Patrick Peterson and now I know what the hype is about. Good God that man is a freak. It wouldn't surprise me if he becomes the #1 overall pick if he times well at the combine.

Really? I thought Peterson was just chillin last night. His greatness has been defined over his time at LSU, last night in the cotton bowl he didn't really do much good or bad lol. He really wasn't thrown at.

Comment

• Look at this thread by this poster and his analysis on Peterson's game last night:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44966

I agree with him. He didn't really have the best of games last night. Not that it really hurts his draft stock at all, but he is human.

Also, what would you guys think about mark ingram at #9? If he's BPA...

Comment

• Round 1

I am looking at both Peterson and Prince and I have to say I hope we don't all get on the bandwagon and get upset if they don't select him. A couple of years ago we wanted Merriaman and we ended up with Ware. Sometimes we get all pumped up about a player and than we turn on the team for drafting a specific player. I like Peterson, but i don't think we will be able were we are picking.

If we select Peterson or Prince we will have 4 CB on the team. I don't think we keep all four. Hence one has to be traded. Who has value? Jenkins.......yes, but we have to give him more time. Newman......no... Scandric....Yes..so for the people wanting Peterson or Prince make sure u understnad Scandrisk will be traded.

OL.....Picking 9 I think that is a little high for the quality of OL on the board. So if u go this route you will need to draft down and you could possibly still get Soldier or Sherrod. But than people will get upset will trading down.

DL....I think this become our safe pick...we take the best DL player still onthe board. I know one will drop, because some team will get nervous and jump ahead of and take a QB before WAshington.

Every year a team trades up and it will happen again....we all know how the draft works. Their will be a DL when we pick.

So in my opinion lets not get in love with the Popular Picks: Peterson or Prince.

If one drops....than we can see...

What would u think of this...

Trade down...and lets be realistic this year. No trade Romo and Ball for the 3rd pick of the draft. IT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

CB Jackson or Harris Middle 1st round
              OL Solder of Sherrod or Carimi Early 2 (our 9 pick)
              S Moore or tate late 2nd.

or

DL Darius 1round
              SS Tate or Soldier 2 round

Comment

• I don't like how people say "we" when it really applies to themselves and a few others.

Comment

• You don't think we would keep 4 CB's? Huh? 4 is an extremely small number of CB's to keep on your roster, that's barely a Dime coverage and with one injury you can't even run Dime. Last year the fact that we kept 3 was an anomoly, it was really because we missed on all the other CB's we had so there were no other options.

Teams like the Steelers have upwards of 6. I mean you don't keep a crappy 4th and 5th guy obviously over a talented lineman who may be able to start at some point, but your making a huge mistake if you think going into the season with 3 CB's is gonna work. Especially in a position where other then offensive line you probably want to be the deepest.

When 2 guys get hurt for a few weeks what do we do?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    Look at this thread by this poster and his analysis on Peterson's game last night:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44966

I agree with him. He didn't really have the best of games last night. Not that it really hurts his draft stock at all, but he is human.

Also, what would you guys think about mark ingram at #9? If he's BPA...
                    I'm not a big fan of taking backs high but when its all said and done ingram will be one of the top 5 players from this class. He's a better version of Ray Rice. He has it all and he's the type of character you want to bring into your organization. I'd love to have him on our team but it would have to be after a trade down and the talent difference between ingram and the other players on the board at more positions of need being significant. Right now what I'm hoping for is Prince available at our pick and then starting him as our free safety.

Comment

• What do you guys think about Derrick Locke as a 5th or 6th? Of course this assumes we release Barber.

He's got some real wheels. He's also a returner.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Yea, Ingram is one of those weird picks. You don't need a RB because Choice really is a great back when given the touches and Felix is a homerun hitter, but I also think Ingram will be 1 of the best picks of the draft and an All-Pro RB. He's just not flashy, doesn't jump off the screen, you don't get a boner like when watching Reggie Bush or Darren McFadden in College, but he gets the job done and will change an offense.

Obviously he needs blocking like anyone else, but he's just one of those picks you don't want, would probably hate at the time because you have so many other needs, but just fall in love with after time.

I'm not gonna lie I don't really want Ingram at all, but he'll end up a stud wherever he goes and maybe we could get a good pick/player for Choice. At that point it'd just be wasting Choice away and Ingram/Felix would dominate carries.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I agree, at the time i'd probly break my TV if we pick ingram, but once he and felix become the best 1-2 punch in the nfl ill love it, lol.

Comment

• I agree, I think Ingram will be an All-Pro type of runner in the NFL. He has Emmitt Smith qualities written all over him.
                            Cowboys Mock:
                            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• I think I agree with you guys about Ingram. He will probably be there at 9 and is probably one of the safest picks in the draft.

Comment

• He is Emmitt Smith all over again. I would love the pick. I've always loved Ingram. If Garrett is trying to rebuild the Cowboys of the 90s, then this pick would be automatic. Way bigger impact than a 3-4 DE, imo.

The more I think of it, the more I love the idea. Part of improving the defense is keeping them off the field and controlling the clock.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information