Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    These are some of the best guys to keep your eyes on this year. I bolded the ones I have a personal preference to. You might notice that I'm not on McDaniel's jock strap like everyone else. Just like I wasn't with Eric Berry and William Moore the year before.

    --- SENIORS ---

    DeAndre McDaniel, 6-0, 215 - Clemson - Projected Round: 1

    Quinton Carter, 6-1, 195 - Oklahoma - Projected Round: 2

    Deunta Williams, 6-1, 210 - UNC - Projected Round: 2/3

    Jeron Johnson, 5-10, 195 - Boise St - Projected Round: 2/3

    Jaiquan Jarrett, 6-0, 197 - Temple - Projected Round: 3

    --- JUNIORS ---

    Rahim Moore, 6-1, 195 - UCLA - Projected Round: 1

    Robert Sands, 6-4, 221 - West Virginia - Projected Round: 2

    Mark Barron, 6-2, 210 - Alabama - Projected Round: 2

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      These are some of the best guys to keep your eyes on this year. I bolded the ones I have a personal preference to. You might notice that I'm not on McDaniel's jock strap like everyone else. Just like I wasn't with Eric Berry and William Moore the year before.

      --- SENIORS ---

      DeAndre McDaniel, 6-0, 215 - Clemson - Projected Round: 1

      Quinton Carter, 6-1, 195 - Oklahoma - Projected Round: 2

      Deunta Williams, 6-1, 210 - UNC - Projected Round: 2/3

      Jeron Johnson, 5-10, 195 - Boise St - Projected Round: 2/3

      Jaiquan Jarrett, 6-0, 197 - Temple - Projected Round: 3

      --- JUNIORS ---

      Rahim Moore, 6-1, 195 - UCLA - Projected Round: 1

      Robert Sands, 6-4, 221 - West Virginia - Projected Round: 2

      Mark Barron, 6-2, 210 - Alabama - Projected Round: 2
      Quinton Carter SUCKS!!!!! Take it from a OU fan.




      The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
        Quinton Carter SUCKS!!!!! Take it from a OU fan.
        OK, I will. :D

        So who watched the Texas/UCLA game? Anyone take note of Rahim Moore?

        Comment


        • #34
          I don't remember Moore making too many plays or hearing his name called and I kept getting confused with which one he was. Now, Ayers on the other hand, wow that dude had a hell of a game. He is going to make a team real happy next year.

          Comment


          • #35
            I did try to pay attention to Moore. He wasn't involved much, but I think that was a product of UT sucking and UCLA controlling the clock.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


            -Douglas MacArthur

            Comment


            • #36
              The safety want may not be in this class, unfortunetly. In that case, C/OG all day. If jerry rejects it this year, we might just have to accept that it isn't happening. Ever.

              Comment


              • #37
                Round 1 - DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama (6'3, 318 )
                I've been wanting an upgrade at DE for too long now. I don't think it's our number 1 need, but I think Dareus is a complete stud and he's my #1 3-4 DE prospect in the draft.

                Round 2 - OT James Brewer, Indiana (6'8, 339)
                Nobody is talking about this guy yet, but they will. He is a mammoth OL and projects as a RT in the NFL. He plays with a high intensity level and is finally playing well after dealing with injuries. Addressing OT in FA is way too costly, so I suspect the draft would be a good option here starting from Round 2 because we all know Round 1 isn't going to be something Jerry uses his first rounder on.

                Round 3 - S Jeron Johnson, Boise St (5'10, 195)
                His stock is all over the board. No one is talking about him as a 1st rounder, but I have seen him being ranking in the 5th-6th round range which I think is too low right now. He's considered a little undersized, but I like the way he flies around the field.

                Round 4 - OG/C Steve Schilling, Michigan (6'5, 304)
                Schilling is a co-captain of the Wolverines this year. He's moved to OG after playing C. This is exactly the kind of versatility that we need. Fixing the OL is imperative this year, so spending 2 out of our first 4 picks on the OL would be a welcomed thing.
                Last edited by D-Unit; 10-05-2010, 01:57 PM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I would like that draft. I don't know much about Schilling yet, but my question would be is he a pure center? I think we need a pure center.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                  -Douglas MacArthur

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Round 1 - DeAndre McDaniel, S Clemson
                    I really don't like mocking us with OL in the first round. It goes against every fiber of my being because I know Jerry won't do it. If I did, I'd be giving us Derrick Sherrod here because he's a beast and we need someone badly because Columbo is D-O-N-E, DONE. But I will go with a guy who I think would fancy Jerry more. We need stops in our deep secondary and the Tennessee game exploited that in the worst way. McDaniel is not having the greatest start to the season, and I don't even believe in him 100%, but we have to stop the bleeding and he's the consensus top guy.

                    Round 2 - Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin
                    Carimi was once considered a sure fire first rounder, but has seen his stock drop some as his game has become over analyzed. His knocks are that he is not seen as athletically gifted as some of the other tackle prospects and is not considered an ideal candidate at LT. That's great for us as Free is our LT for the next decade. Carimi at RT for the next decade sounds like a great bookend tandem. He may not be the classic blue chipper, but he still comes from great breeding grounds as Wisconsin has been an awesome pipeline for NFL offensive linemen.

                    Round 3 - Kendrick Ellis, DT Hampton
                    Hampton is 6'5", 340 pounds, but he is much more suited to line up as a 3-4 DE than NT in the pros. For one, he has a strong penetrating attack mentality, and two, he doesn't play at a low enough pad level critical to succeeding in the middle. Needless to say he's tearing up the lower level competition like a man amongst boys, and it's at such an eye popping rate that his value here is more than justified. He could be a high riser as the draft approaches.

                    Round 4 - John Moffitt, OG Wisconsin
                    If we got both Carimi and Moffitt, the chemistry would be instant and that would be advantageous for us if we plan to play them right away. Moffitt will make some team happy for drafting him. He's one of those guys that will play in the NFL for a very long time. Now all we need to do is draft John Clay in 2012! :)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      McDaniel has a nfl body...but he has been burned badly multiple times this year...he's a tough guy to grade. I like him and think he can be a stud...but I'm not sold on him yet either.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Round 1 - DeAndre McDaniel, S Clemson
                        I really don't like mocking us with OL in the first round. It goes against every fiber of my being because I know Jerry won't do it. If I did, I'd be giving us Derrick Sherrod here because he's a beast and we need someone badly because Columbo is D-O-N-E, DONE. But I will go with a guy who I think would fancy Jerry more. We need stops in our deep secondary and the Tennessee game exploited that in the worst way. McDaniel is not having the greatest start to the season, and I don't even believe in him 100%, but we have to stop the bleeding and he's the consensus top guy.

                        Round 2 - Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin
                        Carimi was once considered a sure fire first rounder, but has seen his stock drop some as his game has become over analyzed. His knocks are that he is not seen as athletically gifted as some of the other tackle prospects and is not considered an ideal candidate at LT. That's great for us as Free is our LT for the next decade. Carimi at RT for the next decade sounds like a great bookend tandem. He may not be the classic blue chipper, but he still comes from great breeding grounds as Wisconsin has been an awesome pipeline for NFL offensive linemen.

                        Round 3 - Kendrick Ellis, DT Hampton
                        Hampton is 6'5", 340 pounds, but he is much more suited to line up as a 3-4 DE than NT in the pros. For one, he has a strong penetrating attack mentality, and two, he doesn't play at a low enough pad level critical to succeeding in the middle. Needless to say he's tearing up the lower level competition like a man amongst boys, and it's at such an eye popping rate that his value here is more than justified. He could be a high riser as the draft approaches.

                        Round 4 - John Moffitt, OG Wisconsin
                        If we got both Carimi and Moffitt, the chemistry would be instant and that would be advantageous for us if we plan to play them right away. Moffitt will make some team happy for drafting him. He's one of those guys that will play in the NFL for a very long time. Now all we need to do is draft John Clay in 2012! :)
                        You like McDaniel better than Moore?

                        Otherwise, I think this would be a a very good start. In fact, I would love to try and land Mankins and roll with

                        Free
                        Mankins
                        Geroude - delay replacement one more year
                        Moffitt
                        Carimi
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                        -Douglas MacArthur

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          We are going to be picking to early in the 1st round for a safety. That is unless there is an elite safety out there I haven't heard about yet.

                          Positions I would be happy to get some help at would be
                          Anywhere along the OL besides LT.
                          DE
                          CB
                          S

                          Since it is unlikely we go OL in the first, and I don't like the value of safety where I think we will be picking I am gonna go with corner.

                          Aaron Williams-Newman wont be around a whole lot longer, and Scandrick is definitely not a guy I want starting.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Sure would be nice if we started to hear some things as the year goes by that AOA is starting adjust and look good in practice. He would be nice to have at safety next year.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                            -Douglas MacArthur

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                              You like McDaniel better than Moore?

                              Otherwise, I think this would be a a very good start. In fact, I would love to try and land Mankins and roll with

                              Free
                              Mankins
                              Geroude - delay replacement one more year
                              Moffitt
                              Carimi
                              I don't know who Moore is actually. I like Mark Barron more though. This was more of just an exercise than a favorites kind of thing. I think Deunta Williams and Jeron Johnson will be in the conversation down the line. Deunta has been talked about as a 2nd rounder and Jeron as a 3rd. Scott has Jeron ranked higher than anyone I've seen so far. I like that. Can't wait to get a really good look at Jeron when Hawaii plays Boise.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                                Sure would be nice if we started to hear some things as the year goes by that AOA is starting adjust and look good in practice. He would be nice to have at safety next year.
                                I'm really ready to get him immediate playing time. The guys we have now are just invisible. He can't be any worse.

                                Even if he did pan out though, we'd still need another Safety.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information