The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crimson79 View Post
    We are going to be picking to early in the 1st round for a safety. That is unless there is an elite safety out there I haven't heard about yet.

Positions I would be happy to get some help at would be
    Anywhere along the OL besides LT.
    DE
    CB
    S

Since it is unlikely we go OL in the first, and I don't like the value of safety where I think we will be picking I am gonna go with corner.

Aaron Williams-Newman wont be around a whole lot longer, and Scandrick is definitely not a guy I want starting.
    I agree that we need to boost our cornerback position. I don't know if it's a first round need though. We have panic areas elsewhere. Newman hasn't been bad this year. But the good thing is that we should have a pretty deep CB class this year, so maybe we can address it later.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I don't know who Moore is actually. I like Mark Barron more though. This was more of just an exercise than a favorites kind of thing. I think Deunta Williams and Jeron Johnson will be in the conversation down the line. Deunta has been talked about as a 2nd rounder and Jeron as a 3rd. Scott has Jeron ranked higher than anyone I've seen so far. I like that. Can't wait to get a really good look at Jeron when Hawaii plays Boise.
      Rahim Moore?
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        Rahim Moore?
        Oh yeah!

You know... about that guy... I'm starting to reneg on him. He's just too finesse for my liking in a safety. Even if he is a ballhawk... I don't know. I'm not sold yet. He's frail and doesn't like to mix it up. As a run supporter, just forget about it. NFL backs will lay him out.

If AOA works for us it will be at FS. So I have my eye out for SS types who can lay the lumber, attack on blitzes and seal the deep secondary without being a liability. For me, that guy right now is Mark Barron.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Oh yeah!

You know... about that guy... I'm starting to reneg on him. He's just too finesse for my liking in a safety. Even if he is a ballhawk... I don't know. I'm not sold yet. He's frail and doesn't like to mix it up. As a run supporter, just forget about it. NFL backs will lay him out.

If AOA works for us it will be at FS. So I have my eye out for SS types who can lay the lumber, attack on blitzes and seal the deep secondary without being a liability. For me, that guy right now is Mark Barron.
          The thing that confuses me with AOA is that is he really going to excel as a center fielder. I always had the thought that he excelled in man coverage...atleast thats the vibe I got listening to all the post-season hype on him last year. Now he has a nice build...I almost wonder if he wouldn't play the strong in Wades scheme because Sensy is almost exclusively in man coverage with TE's and running backs and thats what aoa is suppose to excell at. But that said when we go into our dime package currently Ball rolls down to be the dime back....ahhhh I'm just not sure what goes on back there.

Comment

This is sad, but fun at the same time.

This is my first Cowboys Big Board where I don't have to eliminate names who I think won't reach us. :(

1. DB Patrick Peterson
            2. DE Nick Fairley
            3. DE Adrian Clayborn
            4. CB Prince Amukamara
            5. DE Marcell Dareus
            6. CB Brandon Harris
            7. DE Allen Bailey
            8. CB Aaron Williams
            9. CB Janoris Jenkins
            10. Trade Down
            Last edited by D-Unit; 10-28-2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

wow imagine this...

We wind up with the #9 or so pick. Both corners are off the board, Ingram has a lot of hype going into draft day. Jerry sees Dez as Michael, and sees Ingram as the next Emmitt, so we take him. Then we grab our Troy in 2012, who just so decided to stay an extr year....

Just sayin...
              Last edited by TheFinisher; 10-28-2010, 06:59 PM.
              Cowboys Mock:
              1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
              2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
              3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                wow imagine this...

We wind up with the #9 or so pick. Both corners are off the board, Ingram has a lot of hype going into draft day. Jerry sees Dez as Michael, and sees Ingram as the next Emmitt, so we take him. Then we grab our Troy in 2012, who just so decided to stay an extr year....
                Except that, you know, the QB usually takes the longest to mature, so you might want to start out picking him before the RB.

And wasn't Felix Jones supposed to be the new Emmitt?

Comment

Dude stop trolling and go away.

Comment

I'm personally not a fan of Andrew Luck. Doesn't mean he won't be good. I thought Matt Ryan was gonna fail.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Andrew Luck, but if he stays, we'd need the first overall pick to get him, which would never ever happen. Next year we're in contention again with a better o-line and a healthy Romo.

Comment

ugh. We dont need a QB. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          ugh. We dont need a QB. lol.
                          Keep preachin' moth. These guys don't get it.

Comment

Lol someone brought up Luck and i just stated that even if we did want a QB, we wouldn't be able to get him. i <3 romo as much as anyone.

Comment

So they dump Newman so they don't have to pay him, draft a rookie corner #1 & throw him to the wolves, & the other veteran corner is Jenkins? Something is very wrong with that picture.

That's what NE usually does with its veteran in their back-loaded contracts, I thought that it's Dallas & not NE. The Patriots are usually loaded with extra picks & in a position to wheel & deal, Dallas moves around a lot on draft day but never in the enviable NE position of controlling the 1st 2 rds.

Any way you analyze it Dallas will have to keep one starting corner from this season, & on performance alone it's Newman by a mile.
                              Last edited by LizardState; 10-29-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Just curious to see what everyone's thoughts were on Sash. He's a guy that could declare this year and, depending on how he tests, should be around for our 3rd rounder.

Everything I've heard about him reminds me of a lot of what we heard about Sean Lee pre-draft; instrinctive, intelligent, leadership, work ethic.... all things that we could use on this team. He's got a good nose for the football and always seems to make the big play for Iowa when they need it. I think he's worth looking into as a 3rd rounder. What do you guys think?
                                Cowboys Mock:
                                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information