No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I wasn't wanting the guy before, but I'm really on the Peterson bandwagon now. It looks like there will be a real chance to get him, and the D desperately needs a guy like him in that secondary. Jerry needs to do whatever to make it happen like he did with Dez.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Peterson needs to be the guy. Prince isn't bad either.

Comment

I usually only comment regarding the draft so here I go with my first comment for the 2011 draft.

I think as much as I hate it...we can trade down. We are going to do what JJ likes best and that is trade down. I think we can end up with a lower pick as well as another pick in the 2. I think we can get a CB and maybe even a DE with our first two picks. If we stay put we can get the 1 OL, but I think we can drop to the early teens and still get that one. I would love a CB, DE and OT with the first two picks. There are a lot of QB and of course a few WR and RB that will push OL and DE down.

I like the DE from Ohio State.................

I also would not mind a ILB...............................

PATRICK PETERSON, CB, L.S.U. I like
        MARCELL DAREUS, DT, ALABAMA I like
        PRINCE AMUKAMARA, CB, NEBRASKA I like
        ROBERT QUINN, DE, NORTH CAROLINA not enamored
        NTHONY CASTONZO, OT, BOSTON COLLEGE I like
        ALLEN BAILEY, DE, MIAMI (FL) I like
        CAMERON HEYWARD, DE, OHIO ST I like
        STEFEN WISNIEWSKI, C, PENN ST i like
        MARK BARRON, S, ALABAMA Ok
        Deunta Williams S North Carolina I like

So those are my guys....plus I am sure we might trade down and get one of these guys will the possiblity of getting two.

Comment

WalterFootball.com is a great site for all things football.
          http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Heres his draft for us.

2. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
          Cornerbacks are seldom taken in the top three, but then again, we said the same thing about defensive tackles prior to the 2010 NFL Draft. Like Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy, Patrick Peterson is a special sort of talent that doesn't come around very often.

The Cowboys have issues in their secondary. Mike Jenkins has been often penalized this year, while Terence Newman will be 33 heading into the 2011 NFL season. Peterson would infinitely improve Dallas' defense by erasing one side of the field.

35. Dallas Cowboys: Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina
          New free safety Alan Ball hasn't been a liability thus far, but he hasn't been anything special either. The Cowboys could stand to upgrade this position unless they want receivers like Mike Sims-Walker burning them deep multiple times per game.

66. Dallas Cowboys: Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
          Some help for Dallas' front line; Kyle Kosier will be a free agent this March.

What do ya'll think? Looks good to me!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

That would be a SEX draft.

Comment

pocket-- Good draft.

I'd be happy with Peterson &/or Deunta Williams. Scandrick & Sensabaugh should hit the road.

66. Dallas Cowboys: Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
              Some help for Dallas' front line; Kyle Kosier will be a free agent this March.
              He's listed as an OT in Phil Steele's mag, hopefully he can play either spot.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                pocket-- Good draft.

I'd be happy with Peterson &/or Deunta Williams. Scandrick & Sensabaugh should hit the road.

He's listed as an OT in Phil Steele's mag, hopefully he can play either spot.
                I personally do think that he can play RT. I just wonder if he'll still be available.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                  That would be a SEX draft.
                  I agree, I'd be so happy on draft day if that happened.

Comment

Alan Ball not a liability? Bwahahahahaha! Ball is so horrendous. It's like having nobody back there right now.

I'd love that draft though, but it seems too low for Gannon. He's being looked at both guard and tackle, so I think he'll come off the board early in the second. He fits the mold of lineman needed here so much that I would be ecstatic to get him.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

wow that draft is too good to be true haha

I honestly think if we wanted Cannon we would have to take him with our 2nd, no way he lasts til the 3rd IMO.

How would you guys like a combination of

1.Peterson
                      2. Cannon
                      3. Barron

That's what I've been pulling for and is a little more realistic that the mock Pocket posted, not that I wouldn't love that to happen:-D
                      Cowboys Mock:
                      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Honestly, I'm not ready to give up on scandrick. Maybe the guy just needs new coaches. He oozes talent, and his rookie year he was playing at a pro-bowl level. June Jones said himself he would be our best pick of the draft.

If/when we get knew coaches next year, i'll be paying close attention to scandrick.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                          wow that draft is too good to be true haha

I honestly think if we wanted Cannon we would have to take him with our 2nd, no way he lasts til the 3rd IMO.

How would you guys like a combination of

1.Peterson
                          2. Cannon
                          3. Barron

That's what I've been pulling for and is a little more realistic that the mock Pocket posted, not that I wouldn't love that to happen:-D
                          I would love that too. But I think Barron goes before we have a chance in the 3rd. He's arguably the best Safety in the draft.

Comment

Honestly, I'm not ready to give up on scandrick. Maybe the guy just needs new coaches. He oozes talent, and his rookie year he was playing at a pro-bowl level. June Jones said himself he would be our best pick of the draft.

If/when we get knew coaches next year, i'll be paying close attention to scandrick.
                            Whatever it is, he's not a good player anymore. Maybe he responded poorly to losing out on the starting job against Jenkins, but I doubt he'll ever turn the corner. If they kept him around as a fourth guy it wouldn't be so bad because he has in game experience, but I would imagine that his attitude is one that needs to get thrown out in order to change the makeup of the team.

Who knows what the issue is though? Whatever reason, he's playing very terrible right now and there needs to be a serious change.
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

I think that our safeties are SOOO bad that it's really hard to correctly judge our corners. Jenkins has looked equally as bad as Scandrick... or close to it. I'm not ready to write him off.

Comment

I wouldnt take June Jones' word as some kind of gospel. He hasnt really had a lot of pro quality players, himself. Every decent player he runs into, probably looks godly to him.

And they wont give up on Scandrick yet...but he's been absolutely awful for two years in a row now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information