No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Prince short? He's listed at 6-1. If that's Nebraska hyping up his height like colleges do I still imagine him being 6 even. He doesn't look short at all.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
      How is Prince short? He's listed at 6-1. If that's Nebraska hyping up his height like colleges do I still imagine him being 6 even. He doesn't look short at all.
      Hmm... I thought he was closer to 5-10. If I'm wrong, then I stand corrected.

Comment

• The OK State game doesn't worry too much in regards to Prince, things happen. Julio Jones made Patrick Peterson look like a little boy 2 out of the last 3 years, and I'm not sure if I've ever heard anyone mention that on these boards.
        Last edited by JoeyHeisman; 01-20-2011, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Hmm... I thought he was closer to 5-10. If I'm wrong, then I stand corrected.
          E-Man beat me to this. I was about to say, CHILL D-Unit, Prince is a solid 6'1''. I am on your side in the fact that I don't know where to put Prince in my mind, but he definitely isn't short.

JoeyHeisman also makes a good point. Corners get beat. Patrick Peterson has been human too. It happens. Especially in todays NFL where its a passing league and every rule is suppose to help shotgun, 5-wide receivers offenses because "that's what fans like to see." It makes me sick, but it's a fact.

One could make the argument that corners like Terence Newman, Prince, and especially Revis and Asomugha, who don't necessarily get turnovers but stick on there guys like glue are better in todays game then players who get picks but get burnt with all the passing in todays game.

Would you rather have an INT then give up an 80 yard TD, or two straight 3-outs forced by incompletions?

Last time I checked, the first option gives up points, the second one doesn't.

All that matters is the scoreboard..

Comment

• If I'm running the draft and it's tomorrow I think this is how it looks.

9 - Peterson/Prince/Dareus

if not than I look to move down.

Mike Pouncey, Cameron Jordan, J.J. Watt, Tyron Smith

in that order.

2nd round - Gabe Carimi, Aaron Williams, Jimmy Smith

in that order.

Basically if we can't find safety help...Peterson and Prince are both guys I project as NFL safety's I move down...unless a blue chip prospect is on the board. Dareus is actually pretty boarderline so you could arguably still move down with him on the board.

With the value a little better thinking 15-19
            I think you take my favorite Ol in the draft. Pouncey and Iupati are two of the best interior lineman in the game already and while Pouncey isn't quite on the level he is probably my highest rated OL at this point. His ability to pinch at center makes him attractive also. If he is gone which is possible after testing we probably go with an impact 5-tech value should be great here.

In the 2nd round I think you have to go CB/OT...the value is pretty good and if you trade down you probably picked up a 2nd. That said you'd likely go with OT first and take you highest rated CB with the later 2nd round pick.

Comment

• 9. Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
              40. DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson
              71. Kris O'Dowd, C, USC

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                If I'm running the draft and it's tomorrow I think this is how it looks.

in that order.

in that order.

Basically if we can't find safety help...Peterson and Prince are both guys I project as NFL safety's I move down...unless a blue chip prospect is on the board. Dareus is actually pretty boarderline so you could arguably still move down with him on the board.

I think you take my favorite Ol in the draft. Pouncey and Iupati are two of the best interior lineman in the game already and while Pouncey isn't quite on the level he is probably my highest rated OL at this point. His ability to pinch at center makes him attractive also. If he is gone which is possible after testing we probably go with an impact 5-tech value should be great here.

In the 2nd round I think you have to go CB/OT...the value is pretty good and if you trade down you probably picked up a 2nd. That said you'd likely go with OT first and take you highest rated CB with the later 2nd round pick.
                What do you think of Ras-I Dowling as a Safety? I think the majority of NFL teams out there already consider him a Safety on the next level, so there is less projection about whether or not he could play safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  If I'm running the draft and it's tomorrow I think this is how it looks.

in that order.

in that order.

I agree I think Peterson, Prince and Dareus are pretty much universal selections amongst the bloggers in this forum. I would also add Von Miller, I really believe he could be an impact player at the MIKE/ WILL linebacker position in this scheme.

In terms of trading down I am a big fan of Pouncey as well and the scouting department loves lineman who provide versatility. IMO his primary postion in the NFL will be center like his brother, not guard. One of the scouting strengths over the the past 5 years has been finding later round gems at 5 tech, so I think that will remain the route they will try again.

The second round should provide an amble about of O-line talent that as slipped past the first round including Carimi, Castonzo, or Cannon. A sliding 5 tech is also a posiblilty since the value will be much greater.

I agree with D-Unit Ras-I-Dowling should get a look at Safety, but i think he is more of a late 2nd or early third round pick. I am also a big fan of Ahmad Black, he has the best ball skills of anyone in the draft, and if he was 3 inches taller he would be a solid 1st round selection.
                  Last edited by BAM1988; 01-21-2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAM1988 View Post
                    I agree I think Peterson, Prince and Dareus are pretty much universal selections amongst the bloggers in this forum. I would also add Von Miller, I really believe he could be an impact player at the MIKE/ WILL linebacker position in this scheme.

In terms of trading down I am a big fan of Pouncey as well and the scouting department loves lineman who provide versatility. IMO his primary postion in the NFL will be center like his brother, not guard. One of the scouting strengths over the the past 5 years has been finding later round gems at 5 tech, so I think that will remain the route they will try again.

The second round should provide an amble about of O-line talent that as slipped past the first round including Carimi, Castonzo, or Cannon. A sliding 5 tech is also a posiblilty since the value will be much greater.

I agree with D-Unit Ras-I-Dowling should get a look at Safety, but i think he is more of a late 2nd or early third round pick. I am also a big fan of Ahmad Brooks, he has the best ball skills of anyone in the draft, and if he was 3 inches taller he would be a solid 1st round selection.
                    LOL Ahmad Brooks. Ahmad Black bro...

and yes, he is the best safety in this draft. By far.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustDezIT View Post
                      LOL Ahmad Brooks. Ahmad Black bro...

and yes, he is the best safety in this draft. By far.
                      lol good catch... I was talking to my bro about basketball at the same time I was responding... must have been a subconscious mistake.

Comment

• Ahmad Brooks was a Goldly prospect talked about frequently when I first joined this forum. Any mention of his name just brings back good memories.

Comment

• Saw this today... Calvin Watkins Blog.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...f-on-our-minds

"Q: Most mock drafts have Da'Quan Bowers, Nick Fairley, Marcell Dareus, Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara all going before the Cowboys draft at No. 9. Do you see any possibility in which Carolina would swap picks with Dallas and pick up Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker at No. 9 -- since that's where they are projected to go -- and the Cowboys pick up an elite defender to fit in nicely with Rob Ryan's new defense? -- Lawrence Torres (Bakersfield, Calif.)

A: The Cowboys have a chance to get a premium player at No. 9, and I don’t believe a trade is necessary. Last season, they traded up to get Bryant, a premium player who fell in the draft for off-the-field issues. Getting an elite pass rusher or safety is the way to go for the Cowboys at No. 9. But if a guy like Von Miller, for instance, is gone, then maybe you get Amukamara or somebody else. Remember there are holes on the offensive line, and it’s uncertain if the Cowboys will re-sign Kyle Kosier as the left guard for 2011. There are many possibilities for a top 10 pick, and the Cowboys can’t go wrong here with whoever they select. "

Triggered off my radars! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by BAM1988 View Post
                            lol good catch... I was talking to my bro about basketball at the same time I was responding... must have been a subconscious mistake.
                            Haha don't worry.

Black is a baller though. He could have a Polamalu type impact on this D. Especially with Ryan here.

Comment

• BTW, who would be down to bring Randall Cobb or jerrel Jernigan in for the slot? Dez+Jernigan+Miles is literally unstoppable. Even with a peewee O line.

1) Cam Jordan/Quinn/Prince/Von/

2) Ahmad Black

3) Cobb/Jernigan

Comment

• Originally posted by JustDezIT View Post
                                Haha don't worry.

Black is a baller though. He could have a Polamalu type impact on this D. Especially with Ryan here.
                                Ya I think he is just the type of impact play maker that needs to be added in the secondary and Ryan's knack for confusing QB's with complex zones would give him plenty of opportunities to capitalize.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information