Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JustDezIT View Post
    BTW, who would be down to bring Randall Cobb or jerrel Jernigan in for the slot? Dez+Jernigan+Miles is literally unstoppable. Even with a peewee O line.

    1) Cam Jordan/Quinn/Prince/Von/

    2) Ahmad Black

    3) Cobb/Jernigan
    At this point I think there are just to many holes to fill to take a slot reciever with a premium draft selection. If Jerry was able to scrape up an extra third round pick by say... trading down or trading Bennett for a pick once the CBA is sorted out I would say yes.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JustDezIT View Post
      BTW, who would be down to bring Randall Cobb or jerrel Jernigan in for the slot? Dez+Jernigan+Miles is literally unstoppable. Even with a peewee O line.

      1) Cam Jordan/Quinn/Prince/Von/

      2) Ahmad Black

      3) Cobb/Jernigan
      Dude I have been preaching the need of a slot WR for a while... we need it!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JustDezIT View Post
        BTW, who would be down to bring Randall Cobb or jerrel Jernigan in for the slot? Dez+Jernigan+Miles is literally unstoppable. Even with a peewee O line.

        1) Cam Jordan/Quinn/Prince/Von/

        2) Ahmad Black

        3) Cobb/Jernigan
        I love Jernigan, but in my mind, we have enough weapons on offense. We need to strengthen our defense and OL before we spend a 3rd rounder on a slot receiver. Just a matter of priorities for me, I guess.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
          Dude I have been preaching the need of a slot WR for a while... we need it!
          Slot WRs can be found in UDFA. I'd hate to address it any earlier than the 5th.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I love Jernigan, but in my mind, we have enough weapons on offense. We need to strengthen our defense and OL before we spend a 3rd rounder on a slot receiver. Just a matter of priorities for me, I guess.
            Touche D-Unit, that is a very good point. The defense and o-line are much more important than a slot. I just think it could really take this offense from good to great.

            I'm really starting to warm up to von miller in the middle. Miller and Lee for the next decade... AHHHHH.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
              Touche D-Unit, that is a very good point. The defense and o-line are much more important than a slot. I just think it could really take this offense from good to great.

              I'm really starting to warm up to von miller in the middle. Miller and Lee for the next decade... AHHHHH.
              Did you just see Scott give Miller to Buffalo with the 3rd overall pick in his mock he released today?

              O. M. G.

              That guy is killin' me with that prediction!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JustDezIT View Post
                Haha don't worry.

                Black is a baller though. He could have a Polamalu type impact on this D. Especially with Ryan here.
                I still need convincing on Black. The guy is 5 foot 8. I have a hard time believing that he'll have a good impact in the NFL, much less a great Polamalu type impact.

                Comment


                • Just saw the new mock. If Peterson is on the board at the 7th pick, we have to trade up. Have to.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    Just saw the new mock. If Peterson is on the board at the 7th pick, we have to trade up. Have to.
                    San Fran wouldn't do that. They're probably praying he's there for them.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      San Fran wouldn't do that. They're probably praying he's there for them.
                      Just remind you that like you said we should have won the last game.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        What do you think of Ras-I Dowling as a Safety? I think the majority of NFL teams out there already consider him a Safety on the next level, so there is less projection about whether or not he could play safety.
                        11-25-2009, 04:10 AM
                        http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...ng#post1894026

                        Virginia’s Ras-I Dowling may be looked at as strictly a FS in the upcoming draft should he come out. A interesting guy to project where he should go. Not a classic Cover-2 corner...actually the opposite. A guy who has been on my radar...but wasn't sure if he was going to be available late enough to draft at corner. In the 2nd round he might make a lot of sense.
                        The 6-2, 200-pound defender possesses a great-looking frame and long arms and displays the range to effectively track the football in pursuit. However, the more I watch him, the more I think he’s a free safety-only prospect at the next level. Dowling isn’t a real flexible athlete, and although he possesses impressive strider speed, he simply takes too long to get out of his breaks and into second gear. Plus, he’s rarely asked to play up close to the line of scrimmage, flip his hips and turn to run with receivers down the field, as he typically plays way off in coverage and has the luxury of opening his hips early and using his big strides to stay with receivers vertically. I just don’t see the type of suddenness or burst in Dowling’s game to make me think he has the ability to stay with receivers in man coverage at the next level. Now, there’s no denying the kid is a gifted size/speed athlete, but I think his future is at free safety in the NFL.

                        Needless to say yes I'm a big fan at projecting him as a position change. I actually think he can play in the NFL in a zone heavy scheme. He isn't quite Cason or Brandon Flowers...but he does have some similarities. I'd be fine with drafting him in the 2nd at this point.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by thule View Post
                          11-25-2009, 04:10 AM
                          http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...ng#post1894026

                          Virginia’s Ras-I Dowling may be looked at as strictly a FS in the upcoming draft should he come out. A interesting guy to project where he should go. Not a classic Cover-2 corner...actually the opposite. A guy who has been on my radar...but wasn't sure if he was going to be available late enough to draft at corner. In the 2nd round he might make a lot of sense.



                          Needless to say yes I'm a big fan at projecting him as a position change. I actually think he can play in the NFL in a zone heavy scheme. He isn't quite Cason or Brandon Flowers...but he does have some similarities. I'd be fine with drafting him in the 2nd at this point.
                          *high five!* :D

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nrcirc View Post
                            Just remind you that like you said we should have won the last game.
                            I swear, it's hard to decrypt what you're saying sometimes.

                            I for one was pissed that we won our last game. So don't remind me. gah.

                            Comment


                            • How do you guys like my new sig?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                How do you guys like my new sig?
                                i def dig it !

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information