Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
    WalterFootball.com is a great site for all things football.
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

    Heres his draft for us.

    2. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    Cornerbacks are seldom taken in the top three, but then again, we said the same thing about defensive tackles prior to the 2010 NFL Draft. Like Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy, Patrick Peterson is a special sort of talent that doesn't come around very often.

    The Cowboys have issues in their secondary. Mike Jenkins has been often penalized this year, while Terence Newman will be 33 heading into the 2011 NFL season. Peterson would infinitely improve Dallas' defense by erasing one side of the field.

    35. Dallas Cowboys: Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina
    New free safety Alan Ball hasn't been a liability thus far, but he hasn't been anything special either. The Cowboys could stand to upgrade this position unless they want receivers like Mike Sims-Walker burning them deep multiple times per game.

    66. Dallas Cowboys: Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
    Some help for Dallas' front line; Kyle Kosier will be a free agent this March.

    What do ya'll think? Looks good to me!!


    Wow, I would be oozing excitement if that happened. Then maybe we can get a few solid FA signings, maybe another Guard and one more Safety.


    Actually now that I thinka bout it, we would almost HAVE to get an ILB in FA, and probably mid round of the draft. I need 2 look and see who is available to be a FA.
    Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 11-05-2010, 03:22 PM.





    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

    Comment


    • #77
      thank you D, I'm not giving up on him yet. he's a good player.

      Comment


      • #78
        I don't think anyone wants to "give up" on Scandrick, when you give up on a guy he gets cut. That shouldn't happen, but I'll be damned if he should still be starting in the Nickle just because he had a good rookie season, the NFL doesn't work that way. He needs to be the 4th or 5th CB, and work his way up. I would love PP and another corner to push Scandrick, absolutely no reason for him to be starting, so let's give him another year to see if he gets it together because he's probably been the worst player of any Cowboy this season.





        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

        Comment


        • #79
          Thoughts on Allen Bailey?

          Comment


          • #80
            I'd be fine with any of the DE's Frailey, Bailey, or Clayborn, and CB's Prince and Peterson.

            I don't see any other pick that makes sense since there are no o-lineman. Assuming we have a top 5-10 pick unless kitna goes into God-mode lol.

            EDIT: Inside linebacker could've been a darkhorse, but just like o-line there is no prospect worth even a top 15 pick.

            It's CB or DE, or trade down in my opinion. I don't see any other way.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
              thank you D, I'm not giving up on him yet. he's a good player.
              I don't know if he's a good player. I just think he's hard to judge considering the absentee safeties we have.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Thoughts on Allen Bailey?
                Extremely high potential. Makes plays that make you go wow, but also tends to go invisible at times too. Needs to learn how to better disengage from blockers. His technique needs to be coached up. I don't think he maximizes his weight room strength to game strength. If he had a stronger base, he'd be a Top 15 pick. Right now I see him as a late first/early second guy. If the Giants get him... dayum.

                Comment


                • #83
                  DE

                  I don't think drafting a DE this high would make sense. I think we can pick one up at the top of Round 2. I do think we need to make or take an impact top 5 players if we can. At the same time...we could trade down a bit and still pick a top CB in the top Top 10. I think teams will shy away from a CB in the Top 5..somebody will want to move up to get a QB.......

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Our game vs. the Lions in 3 weeks could be the Patrick Peterson bowl..

                    Who would'a thunk it?!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I actually think we have the best shot of having the #1 pick. Buffalo is playing good football just losing to tough opponents. There going to win more games than us. I dont see us winning another game based on our schedule. If we lose out I dont see Jerry asking Romo to return and risk another injury for nothing. The question then becomes if Andrew Luck is on the board do you pass on him. I know I dont I always believe in taking the best player especially at the top of the draft and Andrew Luck is the best qb prospect in the last 10 years. He's got it all.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by romo4prez415 View Post
                        I actually think we have the best shot of having the #1 pick. Buffalo is playing good football just losing to tough opponents. There going to win more games than us. I dont see us winning another game based on our schedule. If we lose out I dont see Jerry asking Romo to return and risk another injury for nothing. The question then becomes if Andrew Luck is on the board do you pass on him. I know I dont I always believe in taking the best player especially at the top of the draft and Andrew Luck is the best qb prospect in the last 10 years. He's got it all.
                        We don't want to have the #1 pick. You can't even trade out of it and get good value. I don't want to give $60M to someone with that pick.

                        ...and as for Luck. I'm not a fan. That's not to say he won't be good. I just don't see an elite prospect in him.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          We don't want to have the #1 pick. You can't even trade out of it and get good value. I don't want to give $60M to someone with that pick.

                          ...and as for Luck. I'm not a fan. That's not to say he won't be good. I just don't see an elite prospect in him.
                          This will probably change with the new bargaining agreement. Nobody wants to pay rookies that kind of money anymore.




                          The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                            This will probably change with the new bargaining agreement. Nobody wants to pay rookies that kind of money anymore.
                            True. But Luck does nothing to improve this team.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Extremely high potential. Makes plays that make you go wow, but also tends to go invisible at times too. Needs to learn how to better disengage from blockers. His technique needs to be coached up. I don't think he maximizes his weight room strength to game strength. If he had a stronger base, he'd be a Top 15 pick. Right now I see him as a late first/early second guy. If the Giants get him... dayum.
                              He kind of reminds me of JPP.

                              I doubt we get him, unless we'd try to convert him to UT, but even then, I don't think he'd be a good fit unless he can bulk up to 290 lbs.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Is runningback an option?

                                Edit: Ingram is an emmitt clone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information