X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    Is runningback an option?

Edit: Ingram is an emmitt clone.
    No, it isn't. Emmitt was Emmitt because of the OL.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      True. But Luck does nothing to improve this team.
      No, I agree. Not debating the player, just the pick. #1 might not be as bad as it normally would be and might be easier to trade due to the rookie cap.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

True. But Luck does nothing to improve this team.
        Maybe not immediately but drafting for the immediate next year is what gets you in trouble and why we have no depth on the offensive line or why we dont have much depth throughout our roster. I take the best player overall. We had a hard time finding a qb after Troy left and I dont anticipate us picking here again. I take Luck and groom him for 2 years and trade Romo. And have a probowl caliber qb for the next 15 years. I think that highly of him as do many others. Here is what a scout said on Luck.

That #1 is unanimously Stanford’s Andrew Luck at this point. Luck was the subject of a long discussion about pedigree and coaching and how QBs benefit from those. His father was a NFL QB and he’s coached at Stanford by former NFL QB Jim Harbaugh--and it shows. “Intangibles” is a huge buzz word and I heard it at least 10 times in reference to what separates Luck from everyone else. The guy just has “it” to go with his enormous physical tool set.

As one scout noted, “He’s better than (Sam) Bradford, he’s better than (Matt) Stafford, he’s better than (Mark) Sanchez already. I’m talking he could start today over any of those guys on their teams.”

I disagree with that sentiment, but I share his bullishness on Luck. I will likely grade him out higher than any QB in the seven years I’ve scouted, and I won’t be alone in doing so.
        Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_featu...#ixzz14XVMTOGS
        Last edited by romo4prez415; 11-06-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by romo4prez415 View Post
          Maybe not immediately but drafting the immediate next year is what gets you in trouble and why we have no depth on the offensive line. I take the best player overall. We had a hard time finding a qb after Troy left and I dont anticipate us picking here again. I take Luck and groom him for 2 years and trade Romo.
          Well, I never thought Luck was the best player overall. He's mostly there because the QB position is so highly valued. The best overall player is Patrick Peterson.

Comment

Well, I never thought Luck was the best player overall. He's mostly there because the QB position is so highly valued. The best overall player is Patrick Peterson.
            Check my post on what the scouts said. And I beg to differ. The true #1 type of WR he went up against in AJ Green he got lit up. His technique is only average as he relies on his athletcism too much.Terrific prospect but not as polished as you'd like for someone who has started 3 years out corner. The converted corner from running back Prince is much more polished than him and thats concerning for me (questions about ability to learn or work ethic for the marginal technique).

Comment

Dude Jerry Jones has put his cards in Romo. The kid is only 30, and he is still full of juice.

Were not taking a QB, bro.

Comment

Well he'll face Jones from alabama today...turn on your TV's and do some self-scouting!

On another note read up on some Bunting today and found two peices I like.

Small schooler is dominant
                Watching the Villanova/Richmond matchup this weekend was fun on a couple levels because when you get these two teams together the overall talent level is good enough to definitely compete and even beat a fair amount of the FBS teams that are out there. But, from an NFL prospect type view, there is also one guy who is really starting to shine above the rest and that’s ‘Nova OG Benjamin Ijalana. Ijalana is a big, 6-4, 320-pound kid who can bend and block with leverage in the run game as well as sit into his stance and anchor vs. the pass. However, he really stood out on the move to me this weekend when asked to pull, get out to the second level as he absolutely demolished downhill attacking defenders with a compact punch and powerful leg drive. But, like any small-school prospect, he is raw, especially as a pass blocker and has a tendency to simply stand upright off the snap, extend his long arms and lock out. However, he’s a good enough athlete to certainly be a player in the NFL — I see him more as a guard — as he still has a lot of upside to his game. His athleticism, physical skill set and willingness to finish blocks and dominate are all NFL-worthy attributes and he looks like a dirty starter (year two starter) at the next level to me at this stage.
                And talked about him last year
                I’ve been on the Jaiquawn Jarrett bandwagon ever since I first saw the Temple safety as a sophomore back in 2008. At 6-0, 197 pounds, he plays with impressive body control and balance in his drop, is fluid when asked to get in and out of his breaks and does a really nice job playing the football in the deep half of the field. Overall, he looked liked one of the cleanest athletes in space in the safety class and showed enough to warrant a potential starter grade based off his summer tape. However, he looks to have improved his game even further this season answering two big questions I had about him coming into the year.

1. Can he improve as a tackler?
                2. Can he improve his overall feel in zone coverage recognizing routes and getting earlier jumps on the football?

And so far up to this point the answer has been yes on both counts. He looks more physical attacking downhill in the run game, as he takes good angles, sees what he hits and has displayed a little more thump as a wrap-up guy. And when asked to play in zone, he’s doing a much better job feeling routes develop around him and quickly closing on the football. Now, the one knock on him is that he isn’t the most explosive of straight-line athletes and lacks idea make-up range, which is true, as he doesn’t look like a guy who will run in the low 4.4 range. However, I certainly think he is fast enough because of his ability to cleanly redirect and change directions to make plays
                Nice developmental prospect and like Bunting probably my favorite safety prospect when I watch on the field.

Comment

Thule, are you on the Peterson bandwagon?

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    Dude Jerry Jones has put his cards in Romo. The kid is only 30, and he is still full of juice.

Were not taking a QB, bro.
                    I clearly understand. I'm just saying what I'd do. Of course an incompetent owner is going to trade down getting bad value or not take the best player and getting a lesser player in a top heavy draft. Romo will be 31 next season and is by no means an elite player. Top 10 but not elite. I think you draft Luck and then you get hands on coaching for this player and determine if he is a commodity or that makes Romo a commodity. I would rather take the best available player rather than be scared away because of some history of misses and find out we should have taken him in the first place. Because if this kid is the next Aikman as some say, we will have to watch that for years saying what if. You go with talent regardless of position or what you have on the team. If he is the hands down best player in the draft you pick him. Then sort it out. And my opinion is he's best qb prospect in the last 10 years so if he's on the board you take him.

Comment

• I'm sorry. There is no way Peterson is the #1 prospect in the draft. After watching today. Still same bad technique. Prince is the better corner back Peterson is the better athlete.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                        Thule, are you on the Peterson bandwagon?
                        Is there anyone who isn't? This doesn't mean I think he is the best player in the draft or that I value him over Prince...but I don't think you could find one person on this board who isn't a fan of his. As far as Prince and Peterson rank imo they are 1a and 1b...can't go wrong with either.

Comment

• I meant is that who you want if you have your choice of him, prince, any of the DE's, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                            I meant is that who you want if you have your choice of him, prince, any of the DE's, etc?
                            Depends on where we are picking.

#1 pick in the draft I probably go Luck. I like Romo a lot...but no OT there is worth it and I like Luck a lot.

If i'm not a top 3 pick I look to move down. 5-tech's are everywhere in the top half of the draft should see a record of DE's go in the first round this year. IDK who I like the most...but I will say I think there are atleast 3 studs.

If Peterson is on the board and I can't trade down I think it's a no brainer.

Comment

• So your content with giving up on Romo if we have #1 overall?

Comment

• Must haves: FS, SS, CB, OT, OGx2

Like to haves: DE, ILB, C

Nice to haves: K, NT

QB isn't even close to being on our list of needs. If we brought in a rookie QB, then we'd ruin him with the lack of a supporting cast. Young QBs who succeed have strong OLs and a strong Defense around them. We have neither. ...or did you have in mind that we'd store him on the bench until we had that? Ya right...when???

Lastly... we may be bad, but we ain't ending up with the #1 overall pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information