No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dareus is not a 3-4 NT. Stop you fool. Peterson is not a safety, and he will play CB.

What is wrong with you right now?

Comment

• Ive been reading some of your comments and it helped me to choose some guys. I just changed out 1, 3, and 6 from the previous one i posted.

How happy would you be with this? And how realistic do you think it could be?

1. JJ Watt, DE Wisconsin
      2. Rodney Hudson, OG FSU
      3. Ras-I Dowling, CB Virginia
      4. Ricky Stanzi, QB Iowa
      5. Owen Marecic, FB Stanford
      6. Bruce Miller, ILB UCF
      7. Eric Hagg, FS Nebraska

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzai View Post
        Ive been reading some of your comments and it helped me to choose some guys. I just changed out 1, 3, and 6 from the previous one i posted.

1. JJ Watt, DE Wisconsin
        2. Rodney Hudson, OG FSU
        4. Ricky Stanzi, QB Iowa
        6. Bruce Miller, ILB UCF

Would be happy with Watt in the 1st, in the 2nd I'm hoping for 1 of either Cannon or Watkins as my 1st choices for Guards in the 2nd round range(Pouncey will be gone). Hudson would be ok, but we'd be in range for Watkins at least and I like him alot better.

Ras I think is gone by the 3rd but I like hm in that range as a FS, just not more then Rahim Moore. Stanzi is a waste of a pick, same place we took McGee, Kitna is still here, what point would STanzi do here? Marecic is a good player don't know if I want him.

I'd probably like to see a CB somewhere in there, Ras is a FS prospect.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzai View Post
          Ive been reading some of your comments and it helped me to choose some guys. I just changed out 1, 3, and 6 from the previous one i posted.

1. JJ Watt, DE Wisconsin
          2. Rodney Hudson, OG FSU
          4. Ricky Stanzi, QB Iowa
          6. Bruce Miller, ILB UCF
          I starting to come around on Watt. Would rather have Cannon than Hudson, but he may not be there.

Stanzi is a waste of a pick. We should be able to find a good guard in the 4th.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Is it true that Prince just ran a 4.37? Wow.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              Is it true that Prince just ran a 4.37? Wow.
              Yup, so much for this lack of speed....

BTW Dowling ran a 4.40 while pulling his hammy about 5 yards before the finish, pretty impressive for him. With that time he won't get out of the 2nd.
              Cowboys Mock:
              1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
              2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
              3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                Yup, so much for this lack of speed....

BTW Dowling ran a 4.40 while pulling his hammy about 5 yards before the finish, pretty impressive for him. With that time he won't get out of the 2nd.
                If Prince is there, I'd have a hard time not wanting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                  If Prince is there, I'd have a hard time not wanting him.
                  Yea, that 40 time should make him a lot more appealing to us. I just wish he had an INT or two this past season, zero makes you question his play-making ability.
                  Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Yea, that 40 time should make him a lot more appealing to us. I just wish he had an INT or two this past season, zero makes you question his play-making ability.
                    I'd like to see the number on the amount of times thrown at him compared to how many completions against him.

Comment

I love Prince. He's physical, he's great at shading WRs, he's perfect for a press man coverage defense.

The only knock I have on him is ball skills. He's not going to get you a lot of interceptions, he's never going to bait a qb, he's a pure stick em like glue press man corner.

I love him. I'm starting to wonder if I like him more than Peterson. I guess it depends on Peterson's 40.
                      Last edited by bigbluedefense; 03-01-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• I know Prince sure doesn't look like he plays that fast. These are the type of things that make you scratch your head about the combine. Frankly, this raises more flags in my mind about Prince. He just doesn't look elite on tape.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Peterson clocked in at 4.32 unofficial on his first run, makes me wish we lost to Philly lol.
                          Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Gosslin was on with Norm this morning. Said this is the best group of DTs he's seen in a long long time.

He said this first round is for the 'Bigs'. It could push skill guys down. He thought it was quite possible Rahim Moore could be there with our 2nd.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I would certainly take Moore with our 2nd. He is definitely a true center-fielder and has amazing ball skillz! He looked more smooth them most of the corners in drills today. He is officially my #2 pick this year, if he lasts that long!
                              2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                              - Cleveland Browns GM
                              - Dallas Cowboys GM
                              - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

Peterson clocked in at 4.32 unofficial on his first run, makes me wish we lost to Philly lol.
                                GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T REMIND MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information