Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I honestly think a name coach, some free agent o-lineman, and peterson/prince puts this team back in the NFC Championship picture.

    All of which are easily do-able.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
      I honestly think a name coach, some free agent o-lineman, and peterson/prince puts this team back in the NFC Championship picture.

      All of which are easily do-able.
      I'm thinking along the same lines. OL, DB help is needed BADLY.

      Comment


      • Not even being a homer here.

        I honestly just think our defense needs a new scheme. All wade does is line us up and expect our "talent" to win. And like I've posted before, it doesn't. Get a defensive mind who will USE this talent instead of letting it sit like stagnant water, get some o-lineman in FA, and take the BPA at the top of each round, and we're right back up there.

        Comment


        • Maybe we're overrating our talent. I keep hearing scheme yet Wade is one of the best 3-4 minds. We've tried 2 gap and now 1 gap maybe its not the scheme and maybe its the players. Crazy concept. I just dont see this overwhelming talent. We dont have a true NT, our ILBer play is horrendous in pass coverage, our safeties our terrible, and Ware is the only player consistently bringing a pass rush. I blame Wade for alot of things but scheme isnt one of them. If the players are too stupid to time there blitzes or disguise them, its on them.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by romo4prez415 View Post
            Maybe we're overrating our talent. I keep hearing scheme yet Wade is one of the best 3-4 minds. We've tried 2 gap and now 1 gap maybe its not the scheme and maybe its the players. Crazy concept. I just dont see this overwhelming talent. We dont have a true NT, our ILBer play is horrendous in pass coverage, our safeties our terrible, and Ware is the only player consistently bringing a pass rush. I blame Wade for alot of things but scheme isnt one of them. If the players are too stupid to time there blitzes or disguise them, its on them.
            Right now, the players are also playing with a losing attitude. They've lost the fight in them, so if you wanna judge them right now, I wouldn't make rash personnel decisions.

            I agree though. It's not the scheme. The scheme works. You can only mask your weaknesses up to a point. We've been exposed at Safety, and there's no one on the team that can help. Wade's scheme is fine, Wade's leadership and HC skills suck ass. Jerry's trust in our personnel and his failure to bring in quality FAs this past offseason are proving to be monumental mistakes. We didn't draft OL, we didn't sign OL... pa-thetic.
            Last edited by D-Unit; 11-07-2010, 01:24 AM.

            Comment


            • I don't agree with you guys on the scheme. Why does pretty much every team say how predictable we are. The Jags offense said our defense is basic as hell. Garrard looked like Montana in his prime. It may be partly the players giving up, but the defense is just such a vanilla joke now. We need a spark.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                I don't agree with you guys on the scheme. Why does pretty much every team say how predictable we are. The Jags offense said our defense is basic as hell. Garrard looked like Montana in his prime. It may be partly the players giving up, but the defense is just such a vanilla joke now. We need a spark.
                Sounds more like play calling and toning down the defense to adjust to the weaknesses on defense. Not necessarily the scheme.

                That said, I don't know enough of what's going on behind the scenes to make that assumption.

                If the scheme was problematic, we would've never ever had success in it.... but we have had success in the past, so I'm not buying what you're preachin'.

                Comment


                • We'll agree to disagree. When the Jaguars say that we are predictable....

                  Anyway, I am anxious for this game for some reason.. and i don't know why.

                  Comment


                  • According to the draft blog on here, our scouts were at the clemson game.

                    They said DeAndre has coverage deficiencies, im not looking for a younger future roy williams/ ken hamlin.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                      According to the draft blog on here, our scouts were at the clemson game.

                      They said DeAndre has coverage deficiencies, im not looking for a younger future roy williams/ ken hamlin.
                      I think DeAndre is a strong safety. The safety I like is Deaunta Williams reminds me alot of Kenny Phillips when he came out. I think he could play both FS and SS.

                      Comment


                      • I'm starting to think the safety I like most is Patrick Peterson. lol.

                        Comment


                        • Lions baby! Patrick Peterson is inching close to our grasp!

                          Comment


                          • I watched the LSU game yesterday just to watch Peterson. I really didn't see anything that made me say WOW we have to have this guy! Who do you guys compare him to? He's obviously no Deion or Champ Bailey, so best case, who would you compare him to?




                            The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                            Comment


                            • Wow **** the lions come on.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                                I watched the LSU game yesterday just to watch Peterson. I really didn't see anything that made me say WOW we have to have this guy! Who do you guys compare him to? He's obviously no Deion or Champ Bailey, so best case, who would you compare him to?
                                I usually make judgments on a prospect based on more than 1 game. Trust me, the guy is legit.

                                I'm starting to really convince myself that he may in fact project better for us at Safety though. I think we try him at CB first if we draft him though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information