The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Oh and about Moore being a first rounder and not there for our 2nd...

Wes Bunting tweets...

WesBunting Wesley Bunting
    Can't say I would take ANY safety in this years class over any safety who went in top three rounds last yr...#nfldraft
    mehhhhh. That's just him.

Moore's top dog in a bad class and just killed it at the combine. He's late 1st, early 2nd for sure.

edit...just to clarify. Killed it in the drills, the measurables werent eye popping or anything. But the on the field stuff was pretty. As far as actual value, that's pretty much where he should be.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-01-2011, 02:12 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      I trust Bunting, but that's a bit too much. Chad Jones and Burnett were average Safety prospects, neither better then Moore or Ras I. I'm also guessing nobody told him about how SF is frustrated with Taylor Mays and how he cannot cover a soul, in practice or games. Thank God we passed on him last year now that we really need a Safety bad, he would have been just as bad out there for us.
      It's way too early to be writing Mays off.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        mehhhhh. That's just him.

Moore's top dog in a bad class and just killed it at the combine. He's late 1st, early 2nd for sure.
        Why cause he looked good in drills? Drills??? C'mon now. Drills???

Any safety that runs a 4.6 40 will get TOASTED in the NFL.... especially at FS how Ryan leaves them on an island.

Comment

Really? For a DB, they're insanely important. And you put on the film, and you're going to see him playing with that same fluidity he showed in said drills.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• My only concern with Moore is his tackling. I've read several sources saying that he's not the most physical guy in the world.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

It's way too early to be writing Mays off.
              Lol I'm just saying. All the things that people suspected about him was true, he cannot cover. That's not gonna change D. He gets tore up in open space, their trying to put him at SS and close to the LOS, but he's still gonna be struggling in coverage 3 years from now. I think the book is closed on that part of his game. It was a reason he just continued to slide down the board even though he ran a 4.24.

I'm surprised your so confident Moore will get toasted yet were all over us getting Mays when Moore is 10x the better centerfielder with better ball skills.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• What would it take to trade up with Cincy? I think that's a likely scenario, they would still be able to get Julio at 9.

If we really want PP I don't think we can let him get past 4.
                Cowboys Mock:
                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                  What would it take to trade up with Cincy? I think that's a likely scenario, they would still be able to get Julio at 9.

If we really want PP I don't think we can let him get past 4.
                  I would agree. If we're gonna get him we gotta go up to at least 4.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Lol I'm just saying. All the things that people suspected about him was true, he cannot cover. That's not gonna change D. He gets tore up in open space, their trying to put him at SS and close to the LOS, but he's still gonna be struggling in coverage 3 years from now. I think the book is closed on that part of his game. It was a reason he just continued to slide down the board even though he ran a 4.24.

I'm surprised your so confident Moore will get toasted yet were all over us getting Mays when Moore is 10x the better centerfielder with better ball skills.
                    Hey I have a USC bias. You know that! Thus I must remain homer.

Mays is a heat seeking missile when he runs forward though. He's also very physical. 2 things Moore lacks severely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      I would agree. If we're gonna get him we gotta go up to at least 4.
                      We gotta move up to 2. There will other teams trying to trade up for him too.

Comment

We gotta move up to 2. There will other teams trying to trade up for him too.

Geez. I don't think I want him that bad. It makes me shudder to think about the cost of that move up.

Comment

• I thought this was pretty interesting:

Miami University CB Demarcus Van Dyke logged the fastest time at the 2011 NFL Combine, boasting an official 4.28 forty.
                          Van Dyke's forty is the third-fastest since 2000, trailing only Chris Johnson (4.24) and Stanford Routt (4.27). In an interview with PFT's Evan Silva, the potential mid-round pick revealed that the Cowboys and Bills have shown the most interest thus far.
                          Related: Bills, Cowboys

Maybe we should keep a close eye on him, I think he's a logical fit here.

Comment

Geez. I don't think I want him that bad. It makes me shudder to think about the cost of that move up.
                            You'll get over it the moment he puts on that uniform.

2 firsts would probably do it. Considering we are Super Bowl winners next season with the addition of Peterson, I'm down for it. lol.

I know Jerry will figure this out. ;)

Comment

Any safety that runs a 4.6 40 will get TOASTED in the NFL.... especially at FS how Ryan leaves them on an island.
                              For all the Ahmad Black fans, he ran a 4.74....No Thanks

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                                For all the Ahmad Black fans, he ran a 4.74....No Thanks
                                Eeeesh. I thought dem Florida boys have speed to burn! Stay the F away from Black!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information