No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys, you're not getting Peterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zello View Post
      Sorry guys, you're not getting Peterson.
      Why do you still post here? Seriously. Because in a minute your gonna tell us how the Cowboys will be in the NFC East basement for 10 years because we didn't draft an offensive lineman in the top 10 lol. That was you, trolling towards at the end of the season talking about how we would be the worst team for years and years, I think it's obvious you get satisfaction out of trying to be obnoxious here.

Doesn't matter if you make a new account after you get banned and start all over.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Why do you still post here? Seriously. Because in a minute your gonna tell us how the Cowboys will be in the NFC East basement for 10 years because we didn't draft an offensive lineman in the top 10 lol. That was you, trolling towards at the end of the season talking about how we would be the worst team for years and years, I think it's obvious you get satisfaction out of trying to be obnoxious here.

Doesn't matter if you make a new account after you get banned and start all over.
        Wow, what keen sense you have. Zello is Morton, Umoro, Muyum, and 5 other names that are previously banned. So he's gone. +rep

Comment

• Even though I'm all for a Peterson trade up, there are gonna be some great options for us at 9. Guys like Watt and Prince who had some question marks athletically really put those doubts to bed, both are legit top 10 players now.

Peterson, Miller, Dareus, Fairley, Quinn, Prince, Bowers, Watt.....

That's a nice list for us going forward.
          Cowboys Mock:
          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
            Even though I'm all for a Peterson trade up, there are gonna be some great options for us at 9. Guys like Watt and Prince who had some question marks athletically really put those doubts to bed, both are legit top 10 players now.

Only Watt and Prince have a chance of landing to us from that list. ...and I'd rather have Watt between the 2.

Comment

• Zello is right.

You guys aint getting Peterson unless you trade up but dont worry, its because my 49ers will draft him at the seventh spot. :)

And on a side note, what do you guys think the chances are of Green falling to 7?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                Zello is right.

You guys aint getting Peterson unless you trade up but dont worry, its because my 49ers will draft him at the seventh spot. :)

And on a side note, what do you guys think the chances are of Green falling to 7?

Yea that's what we were discussing, moving up to #2, or #4 to land him.

AJ only has to get past Cincy and Cleveland to get to you guys. I think Cincy is leaning QB, besides Jerome Simpson broke out it seems and Shipley is great in the slot. Cleveland is a huge wildcard, because if they dont take him Green could potentially last until Washington which is as far as he'd go.

I still don't think you guys would draft him, I think it would cause more problems then fix. Even if we didn't have Austin, taking AJ + Dez would become a problem for us. Now if we got a guy like Hankerson it would be more to compliment Dez, he'd still get his touches but I think he'd know his role.

Top 10 your drafting to be a star, to get he ball in crunch time, to be the go to WR, I don't think Crabtree or Dez would be ok with someone else being "that guy".

I wouldn't be surprised to see Julio go higher on draft day. I know everyone loves AJ here but I think Julio has everything to be a dominant pro with film that's just as impressive. I don't think AJ is a better pick then a CB, QB, or OLB for you guys because there will be elite players left at every position.

But to more specifically answer your question, I think the chances of him making it to 7 are very good.

Comment

I thought this was pretty interesting:

Maybe we should keep a close eye on him, I think he's a logical fit here.
                  Skrine looks like a nice little corner as well. He wasnt nearly as raw as I thought he would be. He looked real solid in drills...love the hips and the ability to readjust to the football. He looks to have some really good ball skills. And he certainly has the speed to potentially be an impact return guy. I'm drinking the koolaid right now, I was impressed.

I dont see us getting him...but yeah, he was real solid. He's going to go a lot higher than originally expected.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                    Even though I'm all for a Peterson trade up, there are gonna be some great options for us at 9. Guys like Watt and Prince who had some question marks athletically really put those doubts to bed, both are legit top 10 players now.

Probably more realistically if we stay at 9, we're looking at...

Tyron Smith
                    Prince
                    Watt
                    Jordan

I may even add Jimmy Smith, if he wasnt such a clown. And Quinn could be an option, but even if he was on the board, with others I mentioned...I think we should address a need first. And with great talent available at the "needed positions" it would be a pretty wise move, imo.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-02-2011, 01:11 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Probably more realistically if we stay at 9, we're looking at...

Tyron Smith
                      Prince
                      Watt
                      Jordan

I may even add Jimmy Smith, if he wasnt such a clown.

I think those are likely options as well, but if both QB's go top 8, and 1 surprise player can sneak in before us like maybe Julio Jones, I think we could be in a much better situation then we thought.

Gabbert
                      Newton
                      Fairley
                      Dareus
                      Peterson
                      AJ
                      Von Miller
                      Bowers

If the board falls that way Quinn is still in the mix, but other then that we'll be looking at what you had. Of that list, I'm back and forth on Watt and Tyron Smith, but I'd give the nod to Tyron because with Hatcher and Bowen back were not bad at DE, RT is gonna be terrible without a new starter.

Comment

• In my mock I have Da'Quan Bowers falling to the #9 pick. Is Bowers a fit? He is a great talent that I somehow have falling and he could be a good weapon for Ryan in his defense.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                          In my mock I have Da'Quan Bowers falling to the #9 pick. Is Bowers a fit? He is a great talent that I somehow have falling and he could be a good weapon for Ryan in his defense.
                          You know that's a good question, and I have seen some scenariors where he is the odd man falling also. It usually seems 1 guy falls who is supposed to go top 6-8. Anyway, it would be an odd fit to say the least. I think he's a bit in between what we'd like as a DE, and an OLB.

I want to say with an elite talent like Bowers, you make it work and tell Ryan to find a place for him. I've seen worse fits over the past few years, Bowers is a legit top notch talent and I'd be upset if we passed on him. I will say, I like the way Bowers fits in a 3-4 better then Fairley.

I guess an argument could be made that with the combine Watt had, and his measurables, he's a much better fit even though not as good of a talent, but I'd prefer we took Bowers then figured it out. If we didn't have a D coordinator as creative as Ryan I would be opposed.

Comment

• I dont see how Bowers would fall...but yeah, you can make him fit. It's def. not the greatest fit, but I'd say he has the size and strength to play the 5 tech. Obviously wouldnt be the ideal destination for a potentially prolific pass rusher, but it could work. He can play in any defense. He really has no business in the defense, but he could pull it off. Still doesnt seem likely that he ends up in a 34. And from our standpoint, although he is very talented...there are much better fits.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I think those are likely options as well, but if both QB's go top 8, and 1 surprise player can sneak in before us like maybe Julio Jones, I think we could be in a much better situation then we thought.

Gabbert
                              Newton
                              Fairley
                              Dareus
                              Peterson
                              AJ
                              Von Miller
                              Bowers

If the board falls that way Quinn is still in the mix, but other then that we'll be looking at what you had. Of that list, I'm back and forth on Watt and Tyron Smith, but I'd give the nod to Tyron because with Hatcher and Bowen back were not bad at DE, RT is gonna be terrible without a new starter.
                              I dont see any way Peterson is available at 9 or Dareus, really. We're gonna have a lot of great overall talent to pick from, though. That's for damn sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

You know that's a good question, and I have seen some scenariors where he is the odd man falling also. It usually seems 1 guy falls who is supposed to go top 6-8. Anyway, it would be an odd fit to say the least. I think he's a bit in between what we'd like as a DE, and an OLB.

I want to say with an elite talent like Bowers, you make it work and tell Ryan to find a place for him. I've seen worse fits over the past few years, Bowers is a legit top notch talent and I'd be upset if we passed on him. I will say, I like the way Bowers fits in a 3-4 better then Fairley.

I guess an argument could be made that with the combine Watt had, and his measurables, he's a much better fit even though not as good of a talent, but I'd prefer we took Bowers then figured it out. If we didn't have a D coordinator as creative as Ryan I would be opposed.
                                IIRC Rob isn't married to one scheme, he's gonna run whatever he needs to run to get his best players out there and in a position to make plays. Bowers would give us the ability to switch it up from a 30 front to a 40 front on the fly, plus we'd be able to give Ware a breather once in a while so he doesn't get worn out by the 4th.

Like you said, I think it would work because of Rob and his creativity. If we had anyone else at DC then it would be an easy no.
                                Cowboys Mock:
                                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information