No announcement yet.

The 2011 Cowboys Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the consensus on Rahim Moore? If we do not address S in FA, should we take a stab at him with our 2nd round pick if he's still there?

I personally would love to go Prince in the 1st and Moore in the 2nd.

Comment

• I think Tanard Jackson would make an excellent FA pickup for FS. He's a very underrated FS.

Has character concerns you have to watch out for, he's been in trouble, but if he checks out, I'd be all over Tanard Jackson in FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        I think Tanard Jackson would make an excellent FA pickup for FS. He's a very underrated FS.

Has character concerns you have to watch out for, he's been in trouble, but if he checks out, I'd be all over Tanard Jackson in FA.
        He actually might be my favorite FS option out there, only 25 too. Playmaker, range, physicality, yea he's got it all.

If we could land Jackson in FA and pick up Quinton Carter to play SS in the 3rd.... winning!
        Cowboys Mock:
        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QT2-mRCgX0

I'm becoming a fan of JJ Watt after watching this highlight reel. His measurables are as good if not better than any other DE prospect. And after watching this you can tell he's got a motor. He appeared to blow up OSU. I might be falling in love with this pick.

Of course I reserve the right to change my mind at any moment.

What's the negative on this guy?

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZpO3ggfF2M

Okay, well maybe I'm more in love with Peterson than Watt!!! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QT2-mRCgX0

I'm becoming a fan of JJ Watt after watching this highlight reel. His measurables are as good if not better than any other DE prospect. And after watching this you can tell he's got a motor. He appeared to blow up OSU. I might be falling in love with this pick.

Of course I reserve the right to change my mind at any moment.

What's the negative on this guy?
              The big knock on him was that he was thought to be a limited athlete, but he put on a show at the combine. I can't think of many cons about this kid now.
              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• I think Watt is probably a guy that doesn't have the upside of a Cam Jordan but I think he has the highest floor. JJ Watt is going to be a solid to very good glue-type of player for a decade.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  I think Watt is probably a guy that doesn't have the upside of a Cam Jordan but I think he has the highest floor. JJ Watt is going to be a solid to very good glue-type of player for a decade.
                  What makes Jordan have a higher ceiling than Watt? I'd say he has the higher ceiling and floor. He has the frame to play at 310 comfortably, I keep seeing a potential Richard Seymour type player.
                  Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                    What makes Jordan have a higher ceiling than Watt? I'd say he has the higher ceiling and floor. He has the frame to play at 310 comfortably, I keep seeing a potential Richard Seymour type player.
                    Cam just looks like a more explosive player. I agree with you that Watt has done well by himself this week. It will be interesting to see where he ranks now going into the draft.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• You guys think Jeron Johnson might be there for us in the 3rd?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        You guys think Jeron Johnson might be there for us in the 3rd?
                        I think he might be there for us in the 5th.

Comment

• What's everyones opinion on Quinton Carter? I think he's my favorite Safety option for us being that he'd be there for our 3rd. Strictly a SS, but a nice one imo.
                          Cowboys Mock:

Comment

What's everyones opinion on Quinton Carter? I think he's my favorite Safety option for us being that he'd be there for our 3rd. Strictly a SS, but a nice one imo.
                            Roy Williams coverage skills and not the hitter Roy was. Not a fan.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                              Roy Williams coverage skills and not the hitter Roy was. Not a fan.
                              Wow really? I knew he had some limitations in coverage but I didn't know it was that bad.

I guess the Oklahoma guy would know best haha.
                              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Wow really? I knew he had some limitations in coverage but I didn't know it was that bad.

I guess the Oklahoma guy would know best haha.
                                Season ticket holder haha....but yeah I would hate the pick

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information