No announcement yet.

The 2013 Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac, I don't what the likelihood is, but I like Joseph, if he can stay clean...
    2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
    - Cleveland Browns GM
    - Dallas Cowboys GM
    - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

I never gave Joseph much thought honestly. Love the player, think he can be a #1, but if we don't shell out big bucks I'd rather we go all in on interior offensive line and safety. If we could afford 2 safeties go for it, or 2 guards. I'd be willing to go into the season with the CB's we have if we could stock on up those other 2 positions.

Joseph is gonna get paid too, just not an all time deal like Aso will but huge money. I could see a team like the Lions being very interested.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Aso rumors are coming on strong. Looks like it's gonna be down to us or Philly, and if Jerry really wants him he won't get outbid by anyone except Washington. This does make our team look competely different if we are able to land him, especially helps when you have terrible safety play.

I really hope it gets down and gets front loaded, maybe signing him will speed up the process of getting rid of some of the dead weight on this team.

Comment

Where are you hearing those rumors LL?

Comment

I wouldnt read into anything right now with Aso or any FA. No one is really supposed to comment on anything. For all we know, there could be 12 teams interested in him. Schefter through out a few names, but that was speculation, more so than known team interest for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              I wouldnt read into anything right now with Aso or any FA. No one is really supposed to comment on anything. For all we know, there could be 12 teams interested in him. Schefter through out a few names, but that was speculation, more so than known team interest for sure.
              Schefter has a history of accurate reporting. He's not usually one to specifically name names of teams just for the sake of speculatory conversation.

Comment

Sure when there isnt a lockout. No one should even be passing any info to him during the lockout. He just named "primary suitors". He was just naming the most logical teams. Right now, all his sources have to be dead silent.

Any free agent info you hear right now should be taken with a grain of salt. The whole FA structure has no foundation at the moment, no one knows how much they will have to spend, or who will even be available.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-08-2011, 03:29 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Sure when there isnt a lockout. No one should even be passing any info to him during the lockout. He just named "primary suitors". He was just naming the most logical teams. Right now, all his sources have to be dead silent.

Any free agent info you hear right now should be taken with a grain of salt. The whole FA structure has no foundation at the moment, no one knows how much they will have to spend, or who will even be available.
                  Meh... You don't need a FA structure before you know which teams are interested. As for information passing, I won't assume to say nothing's happening. Dead silent? Doubtful. Teams aren't sitting idle just because there's a current lockout. You can guaran-damn-tee that there is a lot of post draft FA analysis going on now that teams have a chance to re-evaluate their needs. If his sources are feeding him info on how those evaluations are going, there's plenty of reason to believe in a guy who's got the reputation for being accurate on his reports.

Comment

Sure every team has plans regarding FA. They have for months. But the info wells are pretty damn dry regarding actual players, landing here or there. Its been an insanely slow news year for football. Teams aren't really sharing info with media outlets at all. FA itself is a haze, nothing is certain. And Schefter never said "according to my sources", he named primary suitors for Aso, the same teams that everyone has been naming. Teams that have potentially enough money and a need at CB. It's all just logical speculation. Nothing to get excited over.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Here's my FA wish list. This is indeed if they change the eligibility for RFA's.

Our players to re-sign

Doug Free- HIGH PRIORITY
                      Kyle Kosier- MEDIUM PRIORITY
                      Stephen Bowen- MEDIUM PRIORITY
                      Gerald Sensabaugh- MEDIUM PRIORITY

FA's

G- Harvey Dahl
                      G- Logan Mankins
                      G- Carl Nicks
                      DE- Cullin Jenkins
                      DT- Aubrayo Franklin
                      CB- Nnamdi Asomugha
                      S- Dawan Landry
                      S- Michael Huff
                      S- Eric Weddle
                      K- David Akers

Comment

I'm reading more and more that Aso is a longshot. Whether or not you believe that is another story. My concern is that it sounds like Sensy is walking.

So we need 2 Safeties in one off-season :-/ Have no idea how we'll pull that off, which is why I wanted to draft at least ONE supposed starter there. Landry can play SS and Huff can play FS, but that's overkill to do that in one off-season.

That's not even taking into consideration Guard, which we probably need 1 really bad. I don't know if we have that type of money without letting alot of guys go. Who knows. But if we don't get 2 upgrades at both safety positions we'll be picking 15-20.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Where are you hearing those rumors LL?
                          Sorry I never even saw this.

ESPN's Adam Schefter lists the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, and Ravens as the primary suitors for Nnamdi Asomugha.
                          "And there will be more," Schefter adds. The Eagles and Cowboys have been connected to Asomugha since January, and the Redskins can never be ruled out of a high-profile free agent chase. The Ravens seem less likely to get involved after drafting Jimmy Smith. The Chargers, Texans, and Jets have also been mentioned as potential destinations. Related: Ravens, Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles

The Dallas Morning News' Rainer Sabin speculates the Cowboys may make a big push for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha simply to keep him away from the Eagles.
                          Both clubs need to upgrade their secondaries, and figure to be two of Asomugha's most vigorous suitors. ESPN's Adam Schefter listed Dallas and Philadelphia as two of Asomugha's most likely destinations on Thursday, along with division rival Washington. Related: Cowboys

Those were in May. This is from June:

Sports Illustrated's Peter King has the Eagles, Cowboys and Ravens as the three favorites for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.
                          King could also see the Jets being interested "if they figure Antonio Cromartie is too big of a risk to sign long-term," and makes the case that Houston should make a run at the top available free agent. Ravens HC John Harbaugh admitted over the weekend that his team is at least keeping an eye on Asomugha. Related: Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles

Then Mosely came out with this recently:

According to Fox Sports Southwest's Matt Mosley, it's a "long shot" that the Cowboys will end up signing free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.
                          Mosley got the info from a team insider as a response to the Cowboys' No. 2 ranking in the recent Asomugha sweepstakes from SI.com's Peter King. Dallas could use a lock-down corner, but they're expected to be up against the salary cap once the CBA is finalized. An Asomugha signing would necessitate cutting a handful of veterans while outbidding all other suitors. Related: Cowboys

So the only teams constantly linked to him are us and Philly. Not sure if we want 2 believe 1 or the other is more likely. I just know if we did get him we'd still have a ton of holes to fill.

Comment

Mosley actually said this on twitter.

I noticed Peter King had Cowboys No. 2 in Nnamdi sweepstakes. But I'm told by Cows' officials that's a LONG shot.

I'm gonna side with Mosley.

Comment

Interesting to note if FA goes back to 4 years a couple of names pop up.

The pool at safety, a primary position of need, would become significantly deeper. San Diego's Eric Weddle, Chicago's Danieal Manning and Indianapolis' Melvin Bullitt are among the safeties who would have been restricted under last year's rules but would be free to test the open market under the new proposal.
                              I'm 99% sure we had all 3 players to dallas for workouts before the draft. Something to think about...I think we will take a look at Bullitt.

Comment

I remember us looking at Weddle hard.

Also a name not brought up much, Davin Joseph. He's likely gonna walk, pretty high up there as far as best Guards available in FA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information