Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way, he must be re-signed.

Comment

I would love to see us win out and have a OT climb the ranks to boarderline top 10 pick....then that would make a ton of sense to draft a OT in that 6-12 range if one can rise that high.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
        I would love to see us win out and have a OT climb the ranks to boarderline top 10 pick....then that would make a ton of sense to draft a OT in that 6-12 range if one can rise that high.
        I mentioned Tyron Smith in my mock. Top of Round 2. Have you had a chance to see him play yet?

The guy makes me drool. He could definitely reach mid-late first round status. I'd take him in an instant. Then a safety like Deauna Williams in Round 2 and I'd be a happy little girl on draft day.

Comment

[QUOTE=baghdadbob;2381696]I have no issue taking a CB and making him a S so long as he has ball skills and FOOTBALL BRAINS.

Prince seems the better football player and someone who can quickly make up ground in the intellectual part of the game. Peterson seems to need more time to improve technique and brains.

Good example of ATH who needs some work on the intellectual part of the game. My man #21.

But all things being considered, give me a CB with good fundamentals over an ATH so long as the athletics aren't crazy uneven.

Revis is a great example of technique over talent. Cromartie is a better ATH than Revis but who is a better CB?[/QUOTE]

Bingo! I know some are talking about Peterson at safety but I think its a bad fit. Athletically he can perform the role easily but mentally I think he'd struggle processing all the information and reacting instinctively because he doesnt do out at corner. If we're going to convert a corner to safety prince is our man. I actually think if we're a smart team Prince has to be higher on our board and unless we plan on playing alot of press man coverage which I'm worried about with how terrible our linebackers are in coverage. I think zone is the best bet for our team and Prince is the better off man and zone corner. I actually think Peterson will be off the board bu the time we select on draft day. I think we'll be somewhere within that pick 6-10 range. I think Nick Fairley, Adrian Clayborn, and Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by romo4prez415 View Post
            Bingo! I know some are talking about Peterson at safety but I think its a bad fit. Athletically he can perform the role easily but mentally I think he'd struggle processing all the information and reacting instinctively because he doesnt do out at corner. If we're going to convert a corner to safety prince is our man. I actually think if we're a smart team Prince has to be higher on our board and unless we plan on playing alot of press man coverage which I'm worried about with how terrible our linebackers are in coverage. I think zone is the best bet for our team and Prince is the better off man and zone corner. I actually think Peterson will be off the board bu the time we select on draft day. I think we'll be somewhere within that pick 6-10 range. I think Nick Fairley, Adrian Clayborn, and Prince.
            If you watch Peterson play, he's actually great when he can see the ball in front of him. I don't get how you could even think for a second that he doesn't have good instincts. He plays so instinctively, that I think he would be a natural fit at Safety where he could be facing the ball more often and reading the QBs eyes.

But you really lost me when you said Prince would be a better safety. You said PP would struggle because he doesn't have the experience playing safety... right? But what about Prince?

Prince is purely a cornerback prospect. I think you're going in a direction that nobody is talking about when you talk about Prince as an NFL safety. Interesting though. Try suggesting that in the NFL prospect forum and seeing what people's thoughts are. I for one, don't have that kind of guts. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
              I have no issue taking a CB and making him a S so long as he has ball skills and FOOTBALL BRAINS.

Prince seems the better football player and someone who can quickly make up ground in the intellectual part of the game. Peterson seems to need more time to improve technique and brains.

Good example of ATH who needs some work on the intellectual part of the game. My man #21.

But all things being considered, give me a CB with good fundamentals over an ATH so long as the athletics aren't crazy uneven.

Revis is a great example of technique over talent. Cromartie is a better ATH than Revis but who is a better CB?
              I wouldn't make the assumption that Peterson lacks technique and brains.

Comment

Just because a corner is big doesn't mean he has to play safety cause he isn't fluid, it's starting to piss me off.

Prince and Peterson are both 6'1''+ and 205+, does that mean they have to be safeties? It's so stupid. It's a ******** stereotype.

But fact of the matter is, I doubt we have a shot at peterson, and prince might go before us too, anyway. This team is gonna beat the lions, (i think), and without stafford they aren't going to win another game. They probly take peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                  Just because a corner is big doesn't mean he has to play safety cause he isn't fluid, it's starting to piss me off.

Prince and Peterson are both 6'1''+ and 205+, does that mean they have to be safeties? It's so stupid. It's a ******** stereotype.

But fact of the matter is, I doubt we have a shot at peterson, and prince might go before us too, anyway. This team is gonna beat the lions, (i think), and without stafford they aren't going to win another game. They probly take peterson.
                  If people start to think of Peterson as a Safety... that might actually make his stock drop. There's no guarantee that the Lions would take him anyways. I know they are looking for DEs as well and there are some very worthy choices.

Comment

Orlando Scandrick and brooking balled out yesterday. I saw on your next year roster you still have brooking? You like him D?

Scandrick has the talent, and has proved it with his rookie season and games like yesterday. Can't give up on him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                      Orlando Scandrick and brooking balled out yesterday. I saw on your next year roster you still have brooking? You like him D?

Scandrick has the talent, and has proved it with his rookie season and games like yesterday. Can't give up on him yet.
                      I thought I had David Harris there....

As for Brooking... I'm tired of him to be honest.

Comment

2011 NFL Draft

I think we need 3 top quality players who will come in and start. I don't think we can see who sure who will not be here, but we can speculate on some names. I think we have an explosive team next year and we can complete for a playoff spot. We are not in rebuilding mode...as long as u have a solid QB you have a shot. If this year tells us anything is that we are not ready, but with a couple of players we can be solid again. Here are some thoughts:

Spears is gone............But he will not be missed-----nothing spectacular
                        Barbar is gone...............Choice moves up and Miller becomes 3rd RB
                        OL..............We don't resign all, but we don't cut all.
                        R. Williams (wr) i think we cut..we can't afford his salary for his states...
                        Oggletree....I think he moves to the slot..or he become 3wr and austin moves to the slot on 3 rd down.
                        TE---- we still have phhillips
                        LB...........I don't think brookings will find 2 year contract, but maybe one year.....it might work.
                        A. Ball is out..i think we have better players..i think Church and the other guy can complete for the job as well as a rookie.

I think an OL in the first two round and than another one 4 or 5. That will rebuild our OL.

I think our DL is good..we need to resign, but with Brent and Lissamore we have backup depth.

I am out..

Comment

2011 Roster Breakdown

QB Tony Romo
                          QB Jon Kitna
                          QB Stephen Mcgee

HB Marion Barber ( Cut) Lonyae Miller
                          HB Felix Jones
                          HB Tashard Choice

FB Chris Gronkowski

WR Miles Austin
                          WR Roy Williams ( not sure 50-50)
                          WR Dez Bryant
                          WR Kevin Ogletree

TE Jason Witten
                          TE Martellus Bennett
                          TE Jason Phillips

OL Doug Free
                          OL Kyle Kosier
                          OL Andre Gurode
                          OL Leonard Davis
                          OL Marc Colombo
                          OL Alex Barron Cut
                          OL Montrae Holland
                          OL Phil Costa
                          OL Sam Young
                          OL Robert Brewster Cut

DE Marcus Spears not resigned
                          DE Igor Olshansky
                          DE Stephen Bowen
                          DE Jason Hatcher

NT Jay Ratliff
                          NT Sean Lissemore
                          NT Josh Brent

OLB Demarcus Ware
                          OLB Anthony Spencer
                          OLB Victor Butler
                          OLB Brandon Williams

ILB Bradie James
                          ILB Keith Brooking
                          ILB Sean Lee

CB Mike Jenkins
                          CB Terrence Newman
                          CB Orlando Scandrick
                          CB McCain SMU
                          S Gerald Sensabaugh 50-50
                          S Alan Ball f Cut
                          S AOA
                          S Danny Mccray
                          S Barry Church

K David Buehler
                          P Mat Mcbriar
                          LS J.P. Ladouceur

Primary Draft for 2011

CB
                          Safety
                          OL
                          DT DE

Comment

Your keeping AOA? The only thing I watched him do is run into the first guy down the field on kickoffs.
                            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Patrick Peterson will make an aggresive all around good/excellent safety. His game is simlar to Asante Samuel's. His play is centered on using his make up speed to aggressively go after the ball for a big play interception. He is not a Terrance Newman type. He does not try to blanket the receiver in order to keep the ball from being thrown at him.

Peterson's the most athletic guy we've had at LSU since I can remember. He's just freakishly athletic. He's also intelligent. That's a rarity for LSU players (I can assure you). I met him this year at an Alumni function and wasn't immediately struck with 'wow this guy is dumb' as I have been in the past with some players.

What will make Peterson successfull in the NFL is A) a defense that plays mostly zone to force the throws in front of him so that he can sit on routes and jump plays and B) a coach that can show Peterson that his physical ability to close on balls in the NFL will require him to 'bait' less that he does in college.

Peterson isn't champ bailey, but he will be asante samuel (only bigger).

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Awesome to see you around LSU you should post more often.

That said I don't know if I really like the Asante comparison. I understand what you are saying from a technical standpoint but Samuel isn't only small he is soft. So from intangibles standpoint I see it but besides sitting on routes and a zone/off corner I don't see it. When I watch him play he absolutely reminds me of Troy Palumalu. Not so much from how he has played at LSU or anything...but just that when he has the freedom to roam and bait he makes plays and he is just on another level than most players. I think you let him run around and make plays. You put him at corner I just don't think he is going to shut his side of the field down. He is too much of a gamer for that. Actually think he has some similarities to Jenkins as far as playing corner...both tend to bait and jump short routes based off the DE/OLB in their respected schemes. The difference between those two once again is Peterson isn't soft and has a bigger build. I just can't think of any reason why Peterson wouldn't be an elite player at safety on our team. He has everything I'm looking for in a safety prospect except experience. But players like him just make plays...they are just born with that "it" factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information