No announcement yet.

Do you want Garrett as our HC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd stick with Garrett. The offense is fine. Get a new DC and fix the holes in the defense.

I don't want to see the same thing happen again that happened with Sean Payton.

Comment

Yea but that would be just keeping him out of fear that he could have the success that Payton had.

I don't know, I just don't see Garrett ever showing that passion or fire on the sidelines and I can get a pretty good sense that he doesn't show much passion in the locker room either. I want our next coach to bring some heart to this team, I don't think Garrett can do that.
      Cowboys Mock:
      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
        Yea but that would be just keeping him out of fear that he could have the success that Payton had.

I don't know, I just don't see Garrett ever showing that passion or fire on the sidelines and I can get a pretty good sense that he doesn't show much passion in the locker room either. I want our next coach to bring some heart to this team, I don't think Garrett can do that.
        If that's what you think is important, then you probably wouldn've hated Tom Landry too.

Comment

Part of me wants Garrett as the next coach because I am not sure this teams needs to be blown up yet, like a big named coach might do to put his stamp on things. I think with a few of the right additions (RT, RG, FS, CB depth, some pass rush help) and some of the right subtractions (e.g. cutting Barber to give Choice more carries) we could be back to 11 win territory next yr. That could be wishful thinking, but I think we're still closer to 11 win team than a 5-6 win team.

Comment

If jerry let's jason garrett go i may struggle to stay a cowboys fan. If gets some re-tred trash like jeff fisher and garrett goes and becomes a sean payton somewhere else.... idk what i'd do.

It's time to have consistency around here. Let Garrett have the job for the next 10+ years. If there are some bumps and bruises so be it. It's how you win.

Comment

I've always been a Garrett fan. Once he got the job, I thought, as we all did, that he did a great job rallying the troops. The last couple of games have given me pause, but I've come back to yes.

There is really only one person that I think makes me think twice - Fisher.

I've now come around to the fact that I think I want Garrett ahead of Fisher.

Let me also address some other names. Outside of Fisher, I think there are only a few names that we should consider. I mean, why would you get rid of Garrett and hire another unproven asst. coach? right?

Cowher - As I've said before, very good coach, but overrated. I think his absence from the game has inflated his legend. This is also a guy that is going to command big money and control. He did not have personnel control in Pitt and I think that would be a huge risk and would not justify the money.

Gruden - Again, overrated. I've read numerous things about how he never seems satisfied with a QB and plays head games with his QBs. We def don't need that.

Dungy - He's not coming back, but I think he's another case of his absence has grown his legend.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I agree that this team doesn't need to be blown up yet. Another season missing the playoffs then yes. We'll need a dramatic change then.

1 bad season with Romo going down early on has a fair excuse for forgiveness. We're not as bad as our record reflects. There are some teams who's record really does reflect their win-loss record, but teams like us and Houston... we're better than our records indicate, which make bouncing back next year very possible.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information