• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Hamlin to visit Dallas

Dallas chasing Hamlin

Adam Schefter
    NFL Analyst

(March 20, 2007) -- After losing to the Seahawks in the playoffs, the Cowboys are considering importing help from the city in which their 2006 season ended.

Seahawks safety Ken Hamlin, one of the last big names remaining from the free-agent class of 2007, is scheduled to visit Dallas the morning of March 21. Hamlin already has visited New Orleans, which decided to cast its lot with former Cincinnati safety Kevin Kaesviharn.

Now Hamlin needs the Cowboys as much as they need him. In recent seasons, the Cowboys have struggled to get the productivity they need out of the safety position.

The team wanted to upgrade the position in free agency, just not at the premium prices the top free agents were asking. Now that time has passed and prices have dropped, Hamlin and the Cowboys could be the perfect match.

Dallas likes its two young safeties, Pat Watkins and Abram Elam, but neither is established like Hamlin is. Now the two sides get to do a safety dance and see if they can hammer out an agreement that would bolster Dallas' secondary and give Roy Williams a running mate who would frighten most receivers in the league.

The other talented and available free-agent safety is Indianapolis' Mike Doss, who recently visited Tampa Bay and Philadelphia. Cincinnati recently expressed interest in Doss after it lost Kaesviharn but, as of yet, no team has been willing to meet Doss' demands.

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10072261

__________________________________________________ _________
    Thoughts anyone? Its looking less likely that we'll draft a safety.

reported this earlier...I don't know if I like the move...I can't imagine what type of money he is looking for...but I won't be surprised to see him here. We still have about 14 mill in cap space...I just hope we put it to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
      reported this earlier...I don't know if I like the move...I can't imagine what type of money he is looking for...but I won't be surprised to see him here. We still have about 14 mill in cap space...I just hope we put it to good use.
      I don't think he'd cost too much since no team has taken a serious interest in him besides the Saints, who already got their man at safety.

Now that Archuletta is gone, maybe the Redskins?

Comment

Originally posted by dc4life View Post
        I don't think he'd cost too much since no team has taken a serious interest in him besides the Saints, who already got their man at safety.

Now that Archuletta is gone, maybe the Redskins?
        I actually look at it from the pov that he has been out in FA so long he is holding out till he gets "his" type of deal...like the Ty Law situation.

Comment

I love this guy, he is the total package. He can cover and lay guys out! Just a thought but if we pick up Hamlin, maybe he can move to Cb and play the nickel.

Comment

LOL. We finally find a solution for FS and you want to make him a nickel corner?!? ROFL.

Comment

I wouldn't want him lined up at corner, hes not that good in coverage and we have a pretty good nickle back in glenn anyways

Comment

I guess im in the minority, but i would love this signing...hamlin is a very solid Safety with cover skills, and i think roy makes him a better player just as much as hamlin makes roy better out there...it means we still give watkins a roster spot as a backup, and maybe a starter in a few years since he's still on his rookie contract....

thus opening up what we can do in the first rd, and now im really intrigued by the aaron ross pick, i think that makes our secondary very strong, where as it was a weakness before....

id love ross in rd 1, and BPA DE in the 2nd rd, whoever would be there.....

but regardless, i think this is a move we should take, money has been thrown around all FA, and hamlin wont demand much with him still being without a team, he will step in and play better then watkins or any rookie will, and it brings experience to the position...instead of having a rookie, and watkins there

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

IF we sign Ken Hamline, we have absolutely no needs for a STARTING PLAYER!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!

Now we trade up and get Branch!

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                    IF we sign Ken Hamline, we have absolutely no needs for a STARTING PLAYER!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!

Now we trade up and get Branch!
                    Ugh... You get your mind set on stuff, and you won't let go of it. Why must you type the same thing in multiple threads? We ave ther needs, and big ones at that.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      I guess im in the minority, but i would love this signing...hamlin is a very solid Safety with cover skills, and i think roy makes him a better player just as much as hamlin makes roy better out there...it means we still give watkins a roster spot as a backup, and maybe a starter in a few years since he's still on his rookie contract....

thus opening up what we can do in the first rd, and now im really intrigued by the aaron ross pick, i think that makes our secondary very strong, where as it was a weakness before....

id love ross in rd 1, and BPA DE in the 2nd rd, whoever would be there.....

but regardless, i think this is a move we should take, money has been thrown around all FA, and hamlin wont demand much with him still being without a team, he will step in and play better then watkins or any rookie will, and it brings experience to the position...instead of having a rookie, and watkins there
                      No you're not in the minority. You just need to visit more often to know what we all think around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                        Ugh... You get your mind set on stuff, and you won't let go of it. Why must you type the same thing in multiple threads? We ave ther needs, and big ones at that.
                        LOL. All he ever does is go off what I say and then proclaims it 100 times louder to act like he's thought it the whole time. LMAO!

Comment

Hamlin? <Yawn> How much? Isn't Williams too pricey to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                            Hamlin? <Yawn> How much? Isn't Williams too pricey to begin with?
                            Yes. Cost will be a big stickler. He must be asking a lot considering the Saints thought of him as a top FA target and didn't sign him.

Having him on board would be more like, ehhh ok.... Guess we'll see how that goes sort of thing.

Comment

WHen do I ever copy what you say D-Unit? The only thing we agree on is Reggie Nelson....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information