Lamar Woodley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamar Woodley

Lamar Woodley had a great workout at his pro day. Ran the 40 in the low 4.7 range and a lot of scouts are talking about him playing OLB in the 3-4. He could possibly be a target for us in rounds 2 or 3. I personally feel he'll go in 2, but I believe he's worth a look.

id love it if we took him, but personally id rather address DE in the 2nd...i feel like we are great at LB, but need a DE who brings a pass rush

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. He ran a good time and had like a 38" verticle. He probably went up in most folks eyes.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I could see it in the 2nd.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Woodley was a great player at Mich but it is true he gets over whelmed by big LT like Jake Long, Joe Thomas, etc.

Also, he never played well in space as a OLB. Some folks believe, and I agree, he would make a great 3-4 ILB in a creative scheme.

Comment

I still dont like him personally

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
              I still dont like him personally
              You don't like LM personally? Or personally, you don't like LM as a football player?

Comment

as a football player, I have nothing against the guy off the field

Comment

I love his ability to get after the QB...but his height is a big concern for me. OLB need to have the height so when they ingage with someone on the outside...they can see when they need to shed...Lamarr will have trouble with this in the NFL...which is why he would only be a situational passrusher in our scheme.

Comment

I would be fairly pleased with him in the second round. I think of him as a poor man's Merriman.

Comment

Woodley is very strong. I think he would actually make a good MLB at his height and speed. Plus, you can move him around over the C/G and get him blitzing on passing downs. He actually has enough power to push a few of them around.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                        Woodley is very strong. I think he would actually make a good MLB at his height and speed. Plus, you can move him around over the C/G and get him blitzing on passing downs. He actually has enough power to push a few of them around.
                        I never thought of him as an ILB. I dunno how I feel about that thought. He's a trained pressure player. Dunno how I feel about his range, fluidity and coverage skills. I would prefer to keep him at OLB.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          I never thought of him as an ILB. I dunno how I feel about that thought. He's a trained pressure player. Dunno how I feel about his range, fluidity and coverage skills. I would prefer to keep him at OLB.
                          The issue is he really struggled at the U in space and at OLB. His coverage skills where considered poor because he was not as fluid as you would like. Granted that was as a 4-3 LB.

Maybe 3-4 OLB doing mostly blitzing is the right thing. Dunno enuff to say.

Comment

I rather gamble with these two picks on the bottom

Round 1. Jarvis Moss. Defensive End that brings 4.7 speed to the pass rush. Plays both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses.

Round 2. Aaron Rouse. Safety/outside Linebacker. He runs 4.52 speed. He can play the safety position and outside linebacker position. The cowboys can covert him to outside linebacker because of his speed and aggresiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmcquade View Post
                              I rather gamble with these two picks on the bottom

Round 1. Jarvis Moss. Defensive End that brings 4.7 speed to the pass rush. Plays both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses.

Round 2. Aaron Rouse. Safety/outside Linebacker. He runs 4.52 speed. He can play the safety position and outside linebacker position. The cowboys can covert him to outside linebacker because of his speed and aggresiveness.
                              I think we heard you the first 3 times. Moss is a good pick...Not quite sure if he will be around at 22...but could slide.

Rouse as an OLB in a 3-4 is laughable. He is a safety...no way could he stand up against the point of attack against TE/OT over the course of a game. You do know we run a 3-4 right? Just try to remember this isn't madden...you can't find the fastest player and put him on the outside to beat the OT to sack the QB every play.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information