Your Favorite Cornerback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Cornerback

Per a request from Thule, here is a thread about cornerbacks. Let's save the discussion for whether we need a cornerback for another thread.

So, assuming Leon Hall is not available, which cornerback would you prefer to draft at 22?

Personally, I like Revis and Ross about equally, with Revis getting a little edge right now.

Well, my favorite cornerback is Daymeion Hughes... but this discussion sounds like who the favorite CB at 22 would be.

In that case, purely for CB, I like Chris Houston.

Comment

If we do go CB, I don't think you can go wrong with either Houston or Revis. I believe they both have more upside then Ross, and both had good combines. Revis is my favorite at the moment, seeing that he has the prototypical size and speed for a CB, plus he plays physical. But Houston has the resume when it comes to competition. D. Hughes wouldn't be bad either in the 2nd or 3rd. He fell alittle bit, but he was very productive this past season and you can't ignore that. McCauley could possibly be another option in the 2nd.

Comment

I like Ross because of his ability in the return game. He's had better success than any other CB prospect.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Ok let's approach this both ways:

1. Favorite cornerback at 22
          2. Favorite cornerback anywhere in terms of value.

Comment

What about who you would predict at 22 if we went CB? lol.

There's really not a lot that separates them and I could live with any of them. They all have different strengths and weaknesses.

Wade likes to bump and run with his cornerbacks, so if you're trying to predict who will be selected, I would keep that in mind. Revis fits that mold best.

Comment

Were not drafting one at 22, so does it matter?

If anything, Jonathan Wade in the 3rd would be good.

Comment

I think we could find a quality CB in the 2nd or 3rd that would fill our need quite well. I'm (as many know) very high on Jonathan Wade. We could also problably get Josh Wilson in the 2nd.

BoneKrusher

Comment

1Chris Houston
                  2Marcus McCauley
                  3Aaron Ross
                  4Eric Wright
                  5Josh Wilson

Comment

Im not a boys fan, but Josh Wilson=Tye Hill

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I really like Chris Houston

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

There you go staubach, Jonathan Wade baby.

Anyway, if I have to, I would take Houston. He has the most upside out of any of them, and is a fiesty little ballhawk. Revis is slow, I don't care about that 4.39, if you have ever seen him play he is SLOW AS HELL. I remember his INT return he was so slow it wasn't even funny. And ross is 25, I know we got lucky with Newman, but I don't want an old person again. Oh and if Leon Hall is there, pass. He is just average in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                          There you go staubach, Jonathan Wade baby.

Anyway, if I have to, I would take Houston. He has the most upside out of any of them, and is a fiesty little ballhawk. Revis is slow, I don't care about that 4.39, if you have ever seen him play he is SLOW AS HELL. I remember his INT return he was so slow it wasn't even funny. And ross is 25, I know we got lucky with Newman, but I don't want an old person again. Oh and if Leon Hall is there, pass. He is just average in my mind.

Aren't you the one that says that we're good at CB for at least 5-6 years. So by that logic a CB can be good until they are 35 or so based on Henry being 31 now and Tnew being 29. If that is the case then drafting a player like Ross would mean he coule play for 10 years.

Your inability to use logic is uncanny. I hope your parents have money, because I fear you'll be unable to actually make it in the real world relying on your own intelligence.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

I really haven't watched much film on these guys.

I personally would rather not take a CB in the 1st, but for the sake of the discussion, I would lean towards Houston because he has played against top notch talent on a regular basis.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                              Aren't you the one that says that we're good at CB for at least 5-6 years. So by that logic a CB can be good until they are 35 or so based on Henry being 31 now and Tnew being 29. If that is the case then drafting a player like Ross would mean he coule play for 10 years.

Your inability to use logic is uncanny. I hope your parents have money, because I fear you'll be unable to actually make it in the real world relying on your own intelligence.
                              Actually I get straight A's in school, but thanks for trying. What I am saying is that by the time Ross fully develops he will be 28-29. I want someone to be developed when they are 24-25. Wouldn't you?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information