Alan Branch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Branch

Hey guys, I was just watching Football Friday (bear with me, ESPN is all I've got :() and Todd McShay said that Branch is falling A LOT, maybe to the middle of the first round. If he is there at 12-15 or so, we better trade up. Is there any chance he falls to us at 22?

Well, which teams between 5 and 22 are interested in Branch?

Comment

No way he lasts until 22. Even if he does fall (which im not sure if it would be more than 2 or 3 spots) We are still going to need to move up and the question we need to ask is if Branch is worth the number of draft points we are going to have to give up to get him. If our staff believes he can play at a high level at NT I think it would be a good move, if they dont I would like to see us sit at 22 and take a CB, preferably ross.

Comment

I like Houston, but Ross wouldn't be bad either. I don't think Ross is good value there though. We could trade down to 26, right before the Saints, and pick up some more picks and then take him. Houston has way more potential, and would be good value at 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
          I like Houston, but Ross wouldn't be bad either. I don't think Ross is good value there though. We could trade down to 26, right before the Saints, and pick up some more picks and then take him. Houston has way more potential, and would be good value at 22.
          Houston has more potential based on what? Last season was the first season Ross was given an opportunity to start and he won the Thorpe award and far surpassed everyone's expectations? I dont see where the differentiation in potential comes from? Age is the only argument i could think of, but ross was sitting out in between college and highschool due to a mix up in transcripts, he had no choice.

Comment

Houston is more raw, and still has a good amount of development left, Ross doesn't. I also don't like Ross' body type. He is very top heavy. He has a large torso, and short legs, making him akward and not very fluid in the hips.

Comment

Branch would be at home in a one gap scheme...I would be down. If he falls out of the top 10 it'll really be a great opportunity for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                Houston is more raw, and still has a good amount of development left, Ross doesn't. I also don't like Ross' body type. He is very top heavy. He has a large torso, and short legs, making him akward and not very fluid in the hips.
                I'm just curious where you get your information. Short legs...large torso? I've never heard this mentioned. I've heard the fluid hips bs...but he has nothing that would go to show me physically that he is incapable of it...more of a coaching issue I think. After all when he was playing at the senior bowl...he had no problem jamming at the line or getting his hips around...This would lead me to believe its a coaching problem.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                  I'm just curious where you get your information. Short legs...large torso? I've never heard this mentioned. I've heard the fluid hips bs...but he has nothing that would go to show me physically that he is incapable of it...more of a coaching issue I think. After all when he was playing at the senior bowl...he had no problem jamming at the line or getting his hips around...This would lead me to believe its a coaching problem.
                  and how is Houston more raw with room to improve, yet Ross has hit his full potential and is done? Once again you are relying on the age argument. I just dont see how your butt boy T-newman was in the exact same situation and you love him but you are so against ross?

and to add to what thule was saying, im not sure if he has "short legs" or where you got that information but he sure can lay the wood alot harder than any of the other CB's in the draft that i've watched.

either way, Achilles/t-new, whoever you want to be, i always read you making arguments about how T-new doesnt have the wear and tear that most people his age do because he started late or somthing like that. Do you realize ross sat out 2 years and just worked at a burger joint inbetween highschool and college and then he sat and watched on the bench at texas for 3 years until he finally got his first year of starting in his senior season?

If you are going to use the "no wear and tear" argument it should be for this guy, he pretty much sat on his ass for 5 years and then when he was given the opportunity he showed up big time.

IMO this is one of the guys who we have no clue about how high his ceiling can be because we only have 1 year of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                    and how is Houston more raw with room to improve, yet Ross has hit his full potential and is done? Once again you are relying on the age argument. I just dont see how your butt boy T-newman was in the exact same situation and you love him but you are so against ross?

and to add to what thule was saying, im not sure if he has "short legs" or where you got that information but he sure can lay the wood alot harder than any of the other CB's in the draft that i've watched.

either way, Achilles/t-new, whoever you want to be, i always read you making arguments about how T-new doesnt have the wear and tear that most people his age do because he started late or somthing like that. Do you realize ross sat out 2 years and just worked at a burger joint inbetween highschool and college and then he sat and watched on the bench at texas for 3 years until he finally got his first year of starting in his senior season?

If you are going to use the "no wear and tear" argument it should be for this guy, he pretty much sat on his ass for 5 years and then when he was given the opportunity he showed up big time.

IMO this is one of the guys who we have no clue about how high his ceiling can be because we only have 1 year of him?
                    I was wondering if anyone caught on to the achilles/tnew similarities. I'd love to see an ip check on them.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone caught on to the achilles/tnew similarities. I'd love to see an ip check on them.
                      I've no doubt they're the same person. Mancrush on Newman, calling TO the best WR in the game, calling all the time the pressure that Phillips will bring to our team, saying the Cowboys have no holes, homerism at red alert level, even bad rep!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

At first I didnt know for sure because he wasnt being as "homerish", but i soon realized he favors alot of the same players such as Houston over ross, and he uses 40 times as the basis for a majority of his arguments which is a complete T-new thing. I also noticed that T-new had vanished from the boards because my headaches from reading idiotic post's had left me, but i soon realized that this new poster known as achilles was posted at a high frequency, which was comparable to t-news. Thats when i realized this dip **** was probably back under a new alias. The t-new sig that he recently added is also a huge red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                          At first I didnt know for sure because he wasnt being as "homerish", but i soon realized he favors alot of the same players such as Houston over ross, and he uses 40 times as the basis for a majority of his arguments which is a complete T-new thing. I also noticed that T-new had vanished from the boards because my headaches from reading idiotic post's had left me, but i soon realized that this new poster known as achilles was posted at a high frequency, which was comparable to t-news. Thats when i realized this dip **** was probably back under a new alias. The t-new sig that he recently added is also a huge red flag.
                          Multiple accounts are illegal. Maybe a mod could take care of our little problem.

Comment

Thule is correct. your IP and e-mail address forbids you of having 2 names, so I can't possibly be that person. I read the rules before I post on a site. Anyway, I got the large torso and short legs part from a bunch of scouting reports and draft books I have read. To me Ross doesn't have the potential to be a #1, and Houston does. No one really is a true #1 CB in this class, but if anyone can turn into one it is Houston or McCualey.

Burns, I didn't really like the Newman pick at first. And even with the success, I will never support drafting a player at 25 years old when you can get someone who will be just as good if not better at 22 or 23 (Houston, Revis).
                            Last edited by Achilles33; 04-11-2007, 04:31 PM.

Comment

True you have to have a 2nd email address but thats easy enough, as to the IP thing while it is against the rules, I am pretty sure you would still be able to create an account, and you would only be found out if someone took the time to check if the IP's were the same. I think you are TNew, I personally don't care if you are or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information