Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Carpenter

Originally posted by roywilliamsismyhero.com View Post
    Ok now on to the story, I won't post his little speech cuz it was kinda long but he basically talked about his college career and recruiting in HS and what not as for the questions I will post them right now

Question #1 (Not by me) - What's it like playing with T.O.

Bobby's Answer- It's like playing with every other player, he's a really nice guy and I enjoy playing with him, he's just like Mo Clarett in the case that the media hypes them up way more than they should, they are always looking to get some new stuff on him.

Question #2 (again not by me) - What was your thoughts the moment before the fumbled snap against seattle and then again right after?

Bobby- oh gosh, well ok lets see I'm going to describe it like this.

It was like I was on vacation for awhile and my neighbor was dog-sitting for me, well I come home from vaca and I see my dog in my neighbors arms and then the neighbor lets him off the lease and he comes running at me, and right before he's to me a car comes along and snatches him right before my eyes....

I nearly died laughing after hearing his response right there hahahaha.

Question #3- What was it like transitioning from Jim Tressel to Bill Parcells and is Parcells really like the media makes him out to be?

Bobby- wow, this is really hard because it was like going from one extreme to the other, Bill doesn't talk much, he yells most of the time and sometimes screams haha so that's something you need to get used to and yes he is always like that, he always has a bunch of one liners for the players when they come off the field and Bill would go what the hell happened on that play? and the player will just shrug his shoulders and Bill would come back and say something like your a ball in high grass.... YOUR LOST!!! he then started laughing.

Final Question (mine)- With all this talk with the new Phillips 3-4 and you possibly playing inside or outside, do you have a preference on where you play and where do you think you will play come season time??

Bobby- (he acutally said oh wow first... I don't think he was expecting a in depth question like mine lol) You know it's like this I really don't care where I play, I just want to be able to contribute and be able to be on the field as much as possible, and if that's outside or in it really doesn't matter to me. Although so far I have done NOTHING but play outside and they told me to be ready for that, HOWEVER they keep telling to me to keep up on everything for inside because of injury, trades and cuts on the depth charts and such. he then told me that was a good question

so in review it looks like he's soley outside for now....

On a side note I asked him when I was getting my autographs who he thought we might draft and he said it's changed since 2 weeks ago (hamlin signing) he thought saftey then but now thinks it will be CB, with WR a small possibility.

So there you guys have it, that's all I know, and sorry AZ it doesn't look like he had the tillman bracelet on, maybe it clashed with his outfit

ENJOY GUYS!!!

From a different board.......

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
    From a different board.......
    please let it be CB and not WR

great post

Comment

Interesting twist on where he will play. I'm still not biting till I see us pass on a rush backer in the first 2 rounds.

Comment

I really, really don't see where all the speculation and opining on this subject is coming from. Bobby has always been an OLB, he played there mostly in HS, in college, and last year in his rookie season. Yes, Parcells said that he saw him eventually being an inside guy....but Bill's not here anymore. Right now, we have two good players (despite what anyone here says) locked in with long term deals on the inside. Meanwhile, the only real, viable option we have on the strong side is a 30+ year old converted DE who is coming off of a career threatening injury.....can someone please explain this to me?

Maybe the FO doesn't think he has the pass rush ability that they want out of that guy, but he certainly has everything else. He's excellent in coverage, he was terrific against the run in college, and has the ability to be the same in the pros after he works on his base and learns to take on the bigger, more physical blockers of the NFL. He has good sideline to sideline speed. He's smart. He's tough. There is no reason I can see to move his ass. None.

So, someone needs to come up with a reasonable explanation for me, because I'm at a loss. I see Bobby Carpenter as our long-term future at SOLB, and becoming the solidifying peice to an abosolutely dominant LB corps. Until I see anything else, that's where I stand.
        Originally posted by 21ST
        He was protecting his self
        Originally posted by tjsunstein
        From what? His leg?
        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I agree with DMW. I've never seen the speculation of ILB for Carpenter. We certainly didn't draft him for that spot.

And where is this nonsense that people say that he doesn't have the pass rushing skills. He excelled the last game of the season rushing the passer. He excelled in college at the position and you didn't hear anything before the draft last year about his inability to get to the QB.

He took some time adjusting to the pro game, he came on late. That's it, it's that simple. By the end of the season he'll be our starter at OLB and if ANYTHING Burnett will move inside (although I'm not sold on that idea either).

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

I'm one that has thought he might move inside.

My main point is that he played an OLB in the 4-3 in college which is very different than an OLB in the 3-4.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just haven't seen the pass rush from him. Maybe it was some scheme. We will see.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
              I agree with DMW. I've never seen the speculation of ILB for Carpenter. We certainly didn't draft him for that spot.

And where is this nonsense that people say that he doesn't have the pass rushing skills. He excelled the last game of the season rushing the passer. He excelled in college at the position and you didn't hear anything before the draft last year about his inability to get to the QB.

He took some time adjusting to the pro game, he came on late. That's it, it's that simple. By the end of the season he'll be our starter at OLB and if ANYTHING Burnett will move inside (although I'm not sold on that idea either).
              And he played some DE too in obvious pass situation both in college and NFL. Do you remember the game against the Cardinals? He almost got two sacks in a row, if not for Leinart throwing away the ball (and one of those two it was intentional grounding, but that was garbage time)...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

yeah Carpenter is actually pretty good rushing the passer. I would say he probably even has more moves then Ware. He just needs to refine it a bit, but he should be pretty good at getting to the QB.

As for why people think that he would be good on the inside is because he is so complete. Also many people are concerned over both ayodele and James starting inside, because it gives up a lot of speed. Really I think Carp should start out outside until we see how Ayodele and James do this year. If they are playing together well, then we should leave it, but if not then the LBers should be shuffled a little bit.

My opinion is that Burnett should be tried inside first. Everybody seems to think that he should be outside, but he hasn't ever really showed much rushing, and he is excellent in coverage. So playing him outside seems to be a waste in Wade's scheme. Also I would like to see Ayodele tried out outside in training camp.

Comment

Carp is going to be our Vrabel. Play w/e he needs to play for us to win. He will see snaps at both positions. I'm not going to say that he is going to start A or B. But he will be playing both positions for us. The only reason I'm not sold on him as our future SOLB is because of the way our FO is targeting its prospects. I'm still sticking firm to the fact that you don't take a look at 10 people at the combine and have over 50% of them from one position. That is all the proof I need to think that maybe Wade would like to see another guy outside.

Comment

Carpenter = bust

What was that genius Parcells thinking on that one?

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                      Carp is going to be our Vrabel. Play w/e he needs to play for us to win. He will see snaps at both positions. I'm not going to say that he is going to start A or B. But he will be playing both positions for us. The only reason I'm not sold on him as our future SOLB is because of the way our FO is targeting its prospects. I'm still sticking firm to the fact that you don't take a look at 10 people at the combine and have over 50% of them from one position. That is all the proof I need to think that maybe Wade would like to see another guy outside.
                      That would be the ideal situation, I think Carp is alittle more atheletic then Vrabel. But he can be that versitle LB who plays where we need him.

Comment

Originally posted by Texico From Mexico View Post
                        Carpenter = bust

What was that genius Parcells thinking on that one?
                        And why is he a bust?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
                          And why is he a bust?
                          What did he do? For a pick that high..especially a highly touted linebacker he did nothing. And Fasano? What about that genius pick? And now Parcells is gone...seems like some of these words were thrown around before last years draft about getting players to fit "Parcells" style and him not staying around to see it through. Wonder who said that?.....Yes I Called it...

every year we are getting closer and closer to doing what should have been done all along. It's just that we keep wasting years to do it.

Comment

What did he do? For a pick that high..especially a highly touted linebacker he did nothing. And Fasano? What about that genius pick? And now Parcells is gone...seems like some of these words were thrown around before last years draft about getting players to fit "Parcells" style and him not staying around to see it through. Wonder who said that?.....Yes I Called it...

every year we are getting closer and closer to doing what should have been done all along. It's just that we keep wasting years to do it.
                            It is much better than to trade up to draft Landale White like you said last year.

Comment

He was the best player on the field in Seattle -- sad but true. So he has done something.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information