Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with next year is our schedule. We play at Green Bay, Minnesota, Houston, Indy, Arizona, along with the NFC East teams. Thats Brutal. Not a easy game there. We also play N.O. at home.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Some people are just way too hard on the guy...he once again, has one of the greatest statistical seasons in team history, playing his best football of his career, down the stretch...all while throwing single digit interceptions. And yet, he still gets hate. Comes with the title of Dallas Cowboys QB, I suppose. I still cant believe how fast fans turned on him, and were ready to run him out of town. pleeeeeeease. Lets add to the fact, that Roy Williams was a complete lame duck here and didnt do much to help the cause. The guy (Romo) really elevated his game this year. He's the last guy we should be hating on right now. We wouldnt even have gotten this far without him. Not dissing anyone here...but there isnt a more fickle fan than the general Cowboy fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Some people are just way too hard on the guy...he once again, has one of the greatest statistical seasons in team history, playing his best football of his career, down the stretch...all while throwing single digit interceptions. And yet, he still gets hate. Comes with the title of Dallas Cowboys QB, I suppose. I still cant believe how fast fans turned on him, and were ready to run him out of town. pleeeeeeease. Lets add to the fact, that Roy Williams was a complete lame duck here and didnt do much to help the cause. The guy (Romo) really elevated his game this year. He's the last guy we should be hating on right now. We wouldnt even have gotten this far without him. Not dissing anyone here...but there isnt a more fickle fan than the general Cowboy fan.
        Oh dear, not hating Romo at all but he needs to work this issue out.

I think 100% of Romo's bad INT go right in the flat.

Have you not seen this as a horrid tendency?

ANd stats don't mean crap, look at the Jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
          Oh dear, not hating Romo at all but he needs to work this issue out.

I think 100% of Romo's bad INT go right in the flat.

Have you not seen this as a horrid tendency?

ANd stats don't mean crap, look at the Jets.
          ugh...fine dont look at the stats. Look at his record as a starter or how he buys time in and out of the pocket, and makes those around him better. Whatever, take your pick. You really dont know what you have it seems. Just like most Cowboy fans who constantly find something to nit pick on.

Sure, he isnt without flaw but, he's far from the problem in Dallas.

And this part isnt even necessarily addressed to you...but Romo will be missed when he's gone, I just cant stand how much flack the guy gets. Like today for example...give me any Qb in the league, guy is getting destroyed behind our line today. He wasnt the reason why we lost.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-17-2010, 09:56 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

ugh...fine dont look at the stats. Look at his record as a starter or how he buys time in and out of the pocket, and makes those around him better. Whatever, take your pick. You really dont know what you have it seems. Just like most Cowboy fans who constantly find something to nit pick on.

Sure, he isnt without flaw but, he's far from the problem in Dallas.
            You are missing the entire point. He needs to stop doing that in order to make the next step..

Comment

• And the Jerry's mismanagement of this past draft is going to really hurt us going into next year because we have NO/ZERO young players who can come in and help us get better next year. This past draft was a gigantic waste for 2009 and very little upside for 2010.

Maybe we get a miracle and actually draft some kids who can contribute in areas of need for 2010. We shall see.

Comment

• What's the next step? The guy is an excellent QB right now. We have a fantastic QB...who's game is good enough to win the whole damn thing. Not his fault that he had zero pass blocking today. If he has time, he's going to make plays. It would have been nice if he was actually given some time today. He had a man in his face as soon as the ball was snapped...he wasnt even given a chance.

Should be more concerned about the line's porous play, more than anything Romo did.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

What's the next step? The guy is an excellent QB right now. We have a fantastic QB...who's game is good enough to win the whole damn thing. Not his fault that he had zero pass blocking today. If he has time, he's going to make plays. It would have been nice if he was actually given some time today. He had a man in his face as soon as the ball was snapped...he wasnt even given a chance.
                  Tony is not excellent. He is a very good QB. He really struggles finding holes in coverage when he gets pressure up the middle. It is not even he can't make the throw. He simply misses the guy.

We had guys open today. He did not find them. Same story in the GB game as well as the Redskins in the 7-6 game. Broncos too. Same story in 2007 v GMen.

Comment

• lol. Where were these open guys? Half of the time, Romo was being sacked or chased out, even before our receivers made their breaks.

And yeah it was the same story in GB...and what was common in that game? Offensive line break downs.

Seriously...was Colombo even out there or did they just prop a broom up with a helmet and jersey?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Should be more concerned about the line's porous play, more than anything Romo did.
                      I have been barking for over two years that Gurode is better suited for Guard where he can be big and physical and finding a real Center who is SMART and can make better line calls. They blew it this year not getting Unger IMHO.

To me our break downs on the OL frequently happen when teams start slanting the gaps versus us and we simply don't use our feet to get guys going in the wrong direction. It took like 3 years to get him to figure out blitz pick-ups.

When guys start slanting it is like our OL want to push them back to where they feel they need them to be according to the play book. Too much brawn and not enuff brains.
                      Last edited by herniateddisc; 01-17-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

lol. Where were these open guys? Half of the time, Romo was being sacked or chased out, even before our receivers made their breaks.

And yeah it was the same story in GB...and what was common in that game? Offensive line break downs.

Seriously...was Colombo even out there or did they just prop a broom up with a helmet and jersey?
                        Again, FWIW, I never wanted Colombo back this season. As far as I was concerned Free won the job.

And yes, guys were open but Romo when he gets hit early and often becomes captain check down. He feels pressure that sometimes does not even exist and gets happy feet. Happened a few times today but with those monster tackles his happy feet got him closer to the DTs as opposed to a cleaner pocket.

You think Peyton Manning gives up on throwing deep or down the seems just b/c he is getting hit?
                        Last edited by herniateddisc; 01-17-2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• At least no one is blaming Bobby Carpenter.

Comment

• What happened to Austin after the 1st drive today? He had 3 catches on the first drive and the rushing 1st down... Then nothing.

Comment

What's the next step? The guy is an excellent QB right now. We have a fantastic QB...who's game is good enough to win the whole damn thing. Not his fault that he had zero pass blocking today. If he has time, he's going to make plays. It would have been nice if he was actually given some time today. He had a man in his face as soon as the ball was snapped...he wasnt even given a chance.

Ya know I agree with you on Romo. I would call him an elite QB right now, but there is still some idiot criticism going on. On Facebook people are calling for his head again. It's really stupid how under-appreciated he is here by certain fans that don't know a damn thing about running a team. I think he's going to be so good that no one will criticize him, because he'll have an MVP year better than this year.

As for the O-line, I think it's just a bad game. Yeah it's not good at all, but the line is still good outside of a few patches that need fixing. I think Free is a steal. Look at how he played against Allen. He played very well, and I think we've got our LT.
                                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information