Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really really hope Garrett gets hired somewhere as a HC. I want him GONE.

He doesn't know what to do in pressure situations. He panics. He doesn't make adjustments. Where were the 3 step drops? HB Screens? WR Screens? Conversely... where were the deep shots? We never stretched the field or even tried to stretch the field. Totally pathetic playcalling performance. Plus... another thing that irks me... he never tries a trick play... like ... ever. Sean Payton did while he was here... and we saw his flea flicker yesterday that was a beauty TD.

Comment

• Jerry likes to talk about making the offense more Romo friendly. Getting rid of TO was a good start (even tho it happened one year too late) but now to really make it Romo friendly he's got to improve the pass protection whether it be through the draft or free agency. When Antonio has time and a clean pocket he's usually very good.

Comment

• Jerry will sit down with Wade and ask what needs to happen. Wade will say our inability to make adjustments on the offensive side of the ball over the course of the game is why we didn't win in Minnesota. Jerry will tell him thanks and evaluate.

Think about it. Jerry can save money. Get security at the oc position for the future. I think Dan Reeves would be a great idea. Great. Chemistry guy who knows offenses and how to adjust. He's been broadcasting cowboys games at our home games and almost was brought on last year. He knows our team and players. Our strengths and weaknesses. And if I remember right his offense was pretty similar to what we had this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          Jerry will sit down with Wade and ask what needs to happen. Wade will say our inability to make adjustments on the offensive side of the ball over the course of the game is why we didn't win in Minnesota. Jerry will tell him thanks and evaluate.

Think about it. Jerry can save money. Get security at the oc position for the future. I think Dan Reeves would be a great idea. Great. Chemistry guy who knows offenses and how to adjust. He's been broadcasting cowboys games at our home games and almost was brought on last year. He knows our team and players. Our strengths and weaknesses. And if I remember right his offense was pretty similar to what we had this year.
          I am on board with Reeves myself.

Too bad Red is wayyyyyy over paid. Be nice if he actually apprenticed as QB Coach for a few years.

Comment

• Guys.

You didn't lose bc of Jason Garrett.

You didn't lose bc of Tony Romo

You didn't lose bc of Wade Phillips.

You lost bc your oline got the **** kicked out of it. Thats why. You never had a chance to win that game with the way the oline played. Nothing you draw up will work when your oline plays like that. Nothing Romo or Garrett could do about that.

And Wade's defense actually did a good job for most of the game until the game was already decided, so its not Wade's fault either.

Having that said, I really hope you guys extend Wade Phillips.

But congrats on a good season. You got the monkey off your back, thats a big step moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Guys.

You lost bc your oline got the **** kicked out of it. Thats why. You never had a chance to win that game with the way the oline played. Nothing you draw up will work when your oline plays like that. Nothing Romo or Garrett could do about that.

And Wade's defense actually did a good job for most of the game until the game was already decided, so its not Wade's fault either.

But congrats on a good season. You got the monkey off your back, thats a big step moving forward.
              So JG and the QB had nothing to do with 3 points?

I think the Vikings Safeties had tea and cookies yesterday between 1:00 and 3.40pm.

If anyone saw the Bears game, anyone with two brains cells saw clearly the Vikes can not cover passes in the seams over the LB. Their LB are horrid in coverage. I did not see ONE pass in that part of the field. All I saw where drag routes 5 yards out. Everything outside the hash marks.

Eventually the Vikes Safeties played most 2nd/3rd/4th Q 10 yards off the LOS daring someone/anyone to go deep. That never happened either. It was a passive, faghut game plan by a Princeton Yak who thinks he is smarter than he is.

I agree it is a simple game at times but not that simple. JG misses testosterone and places way too much in "out executing" his adversary on each damn play.
              Last edited by herniateddisc; 01-18-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Guys.

Well said, I was going to wait until the overreaction subsided before posting, but I'm hearing all types of reasons we lost, but it comes down to the trenches. Same reason we lost to the Giants in '07. Only unit on the team without any substantial changeover.

Comment

• Big Blue

Thanks for the hot tip on why we lost Big Blue. As good as you know your team, we know our team. Our OL sucked period, but Garrett can call a better game to slow down the rush. He did not adjust to the Vikes defensive adjustments. We marched down the field on the 1st few possessions. The Vikes decided to call DL stunts and blitz to disrupt the timing of our O. Garrett never adjusted his play calling to what the Vikes were doing. Garrett called a great games down the stretch. Plain and simple Garrett was out coached by the Vike D-Coordinator. Our D could only hold up for so long with such an inept O.

Comment

• BBD...so down by 14 points in the second half you can't go to 3TE sets to take advantage of their linebackers? You can't run 3 TE sets and run 2 man routes? We didn't do any of that...we went with the spread them out attack all god damn game. Because on paper that is where we should win that game.

HOWEVER you could see that Garrett underrated their or overrated our OL. Because on paper we should have been able to block them with some chipping and running away from the beef. Letting JA get upfield and attack the C gaps. All this makes perfect sense to a pompus educated ivy league coach. But you have to be able to adjust. You have to realize that your OL is either having a bad day or is overmatched.

Or how about some of the player mental lapses. Jason ******* Witten. Free and witten had a double on the edge...with JA lined up at 7-tech Free helped down on Kevin and then popped back to stop the inside rush. WTF is witten doing....he knows he has inside help...but yet still gets beat to the outside? We aren't talking about a guy shading his outside shoulder...we are talking about a guy lined up on his face. This falls on the players...but this is ******* day one **** in the NFL....this also point to coaching and execution. I'm just not sold that Garrett is the right guy.

Sure he is a bright mind. Sure he understands the game of NFL...and noone can argue that he hasn't shown signs of improvement. However! This is a potential super bowl contender team...and when you have mental lapses and stupid things happening you have to be held accountable.

No ******* reason not to give Felix Jones touches when your getting beat and need a spark in Washington. No ******* reason.

No ******* reason to abandon the run in Green Bay. When the GM in the box realizes how stupid you are it's pretty obvious.

I'm sorry but the Jason Garrett backing by the Giants fans is sickening. He is a bright mind we all know...but he cost us 2-3 games this year by being an arrogant asshole. He doesn't meld well with Phillips style of coaching..and it also leads to problems with
                    A) Wade being able to voice what needs to happen during the course of the game. Sure Wade isn't known for his offensive mind...but Wade had a heavy hand in the offensive gameplan 2 years ago when we played in detroit. We ran heavy sweeps...because Bum came out earlier in the week and called the offensive gameplan out.
                    B) If you're a offensive player...you probably respect Wade...but it's Garrett you report to. This just doesn't make a team cohesive.

I look at this to be very similar to last year. TO split the locker room in 2008...and 2009 Garrett split the team beliefs.

Just think about this.

Wade Phillips whole beliefs is being able to play players to their strengths and hide their weaknesses.

Garrett believes if you execute every play the results will speak for themselves. I'm sorry but those contradict eachother and whether the media notices it or not you can see it on the field.

Give Wade a chance to finally bring in a guy who he likes...who wasn't here before him..and then lets really judge him. I love Wade. Garrett just doesn't fit the Wade Phillips mold of coaching and thats fine...but you can't have both...that doesn't win in the NFL.

Comment

• I agree with BBD. JG did try to make adjustments. If your starting LT gets hurt and your RT is coming off a broken leg and ligament damage which affects his ability to get off the snap quick, it doesn't matter what the OC does. Columbo was just getting whipped. And when the tackles did okay, we had breakdowns on the interior.

Frankly, I think this is one of those situations where they had a matchup advantage over us like we did Philly. Our OL is on the slow side so they don't get off the ball quick and when you factor in the crowd noise and getting behind and having to throw, it was a bit of a perfect storm.
                      Last edited by Macarthur; 01-18-2010, 11:38 AM.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                        I think the Vikings Safeties had tea and cookies yesterday between 1:00 and 3.40pm.
                        HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE that Bob!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Just think about this.

Wade Phillips whole beliefs is being able to play players to their strengths and hide their weaknesses.

Garrett believes if you execute every play the results will speak for themselves. I'm sorry but those contradict eachother and whether the media notices it or not you can see it on the field.
                          A little drop of golden sunshine right there. Nice nugget thule.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE that Bob!!!
                            Seriously, I don't even remember a Viking secondary player making a play.

Comment

• If there isn't a safety in the draft for us, how does Bob Sanders look? You think the colts will part ways? He has been hurt for them and they are winning without him. Maybe we could throw in Barber and a pick and get him?

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                                If there isn't a safety in the draft for us, how does Bob Sanders look? You think the colts will part ways? He has been hurt for them and they are winning without him. Maybe we could throw in Barber and a pick and get him?
                                former defensive player of the year is going to be moved because he's been hurt? And trading a washed up RB to a team with 2 good RBs....please rethink that statement. This isn't madden.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information