This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
    PPG > YPG but even PPG can be misleading. Good teams put games away early, and garbage time TDs still count against your PPG. The underlying point is that football is not a game of stats. THAT'S WHY THEY TOOK THE DAMN FIELD!

/Dennis Green'd
    Yep. Ward speaks the truth. We were 2nd in the entire NFL in PPG allowed behind the Jets. Was our Defense the 2nd best in the league? Hardy har har... :/

Comment

• Mike (Denver)

It doesnt seem like Jason Garrett knows how to make key adjustments or that he just have a good feel for the flow of the game. What are your thoughts on that subject?
      Mosley
      (12:41 PM)

I concur.

Comment

• What was that, Mick's mail or something?

I'd say it depends on the game. The guy is really game to game. You never know what you're going to get. I guess we should be happy we got that string at the end of the year but, it is annoying, seeing him fail at the same things over and over. He was def. a lot better this year than last year, though. So there is hope. Near the end of the year, I actually felt very confident in him for a while there. The worst of his growing pains seem to be over...sure would nice to hire some kind of consultant, still sucks that we couldnt get that deal done with Reeves. I'd still love a veteran play caller, though. ha.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-19-2010, 11:37 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• In two different playoff games, JG has gotten absolutely smoked by 2 elite defensive coordinators (Spagnuolo, Frazier). In the game against Pittsburgh last season when after the game some of their players said they knew exactly what we were going to run - Dick LeBeau.

I think the bottom line is that JG is a young, intelligent coordinator who hasn't shown he can hang with the elites. I don't think we should crucify him for some of these big games, because all of the guys I mentioned are great. But this is the NFL. Are we trying to be good, or are we trying to be the best? I don't think you can say that we could use a huge upgrade over Phillips as DC. I think we could use an upgrade at offensive coordinator. The weapons are too talented for this BS to keep happening.

Comment

• The thing is....did Jason Garrett do enough to get fired? Obviously me as a fan think we should move in another direction. But that is a BALLSY call for a GM to make...especially one with the family relationship that Jones's and Garrett's.

I think if this was truly Wades team and Wade had a OC he likes that the move could be made. That said, it's very unlikely that it happens. And we'll be much the same next year on offense. God thats depressing to say.

Comment

• The best scenario is bringing in some sort of advisor for Garrett. Same idea that they had last year. Maybe this year, they can figure something out. I agree with Ward. We're too talented to put up with this type of BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                The best scenario is bringing in some sort of advisor for Garrett. Same idea that they had last year. Maybe this year, they can figure something out. I agree with Ward. We're too talented to put up with this type of BS.
                It would be better if they just made Skip Peete or another coach coordinate the running game, the way Sparano did when Sean Payton was here.
                No excuse for these players being left out of the Hall of Fame:
                QB Ken Anderson
                DT Alex Karras
                LB Chuck Howley

Comment

• The stupid thing is that Garrett's system works. The guys have been under it now for a while and changing it completely would be a step backwards. So we're tied to the hip with Garrett for better or worse.

The problem is his playcalling selection/timing and lack for adjustments. The playbook is fine...if not great.

An advisor is the best route imo.

Comment

• Sorry to dissappoint you guys, but Terence Newman was added to the Pro Bowl roster. Happy for him. He played well down the stretch. Especially when everyone thought Desean Jackson would eat him alive 2 weeks in a row.

Comment

• I don't have any problems with Newman. He may not be elite anymore, but he's still one of the better corners in the game. His pay is too high, but he's still a good player that the team needs. He gets criticized too much, but that's the nature of the corner position. Everyone remembers when you get beat, but no one remembers when you shut down guys all game long. Like you said D. Desean Jackson.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• And Steve Smith(Panthers)...the other Smith ate his lunch I believe.

Comment

• I wouldnt say he's one of the better corners anymore. He doesnt deserve to be going to the pro bowl. But is normally the case, he gets a little more hate than he should be getting. But I'd agree a lot of hate has been warranted this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• At the same time... he never got the proper respect while he was good. This is only his 2nd Pro Bowl... So I don't mind the attention he gets. Pro Bowl has never really been about the real best...

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                              I don't have any problems with Newman. He may not be elite anymore, but he's still one of the better corners in the game. His pay is too high, but he's still a good player that the team needs. He gets criticized too much, but that's the nature of the corner position. Everyone remembers when you get beat, but no one remembers when you shut down guys all game long. Like you said D. Desean Jackson.
                              Umm, no he's not. He's not even the best Corner on his own team.

Comment

• DMN brought up an interesting point today. Garrett could maybe get a look in Oakland...god my fingers are crossed...although I doubt he'd take the job.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information