Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've thought about that myself and I think he'd actually be a pretty decent fit there...so long as he started Bruce instead of Russ. Which would go against Al's wishes. But anyway, I doubt it...I bet the Raiders will have yet another, odd or weak hiring like Fassel or some former old coordinator that doesnt deserve a head coaching job.

If he did call Garrett...Garrett is as cocky as they come. I wouldnt be shocked to see him take him up on it. But then again, he did turn down much more attractive jobs when he was a hot candidate.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• I just think that Garrett runs an offense fit for what Al wants in Oakland so it'd be appealing...but Garrett has turned down better jobs. Maybe the 3-year Wade deal looming would be enough to push Garrett into another team...those behind the door future head coach talks might be gone imo.

Like I said tho...no real steam to this...just the last way to get Garrett out of town.

Comment

• Maybe I haven't followed this thread enough, but since you guys are so adamant about getting Garrett out of here, who did you guys want to come in at OC?

Comment

• Not sure if Dan Reeves would come...but thats what I'm high on. I want a veteran play caller in here. With Wes Phillips the offensive quality control coach I think he could be the young guy...learning from a vet like Reeves.

Comment

• Veteran playcaller? This would be Garretts 4th year. He is becoming more veteran by the day. I'm sure he will fix his mistakes he had this year. He fixed plenty of mistakes from last year, so I think he'll do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
              The thing is....did Jason Garrett do enough to get fired? Obviously me as a fan think we should move in another direction. But that is a BALLSY call for a GM to make...especially one with the family relationship that Jones's and Garrett's.

I think if this was truly Wades team and Wade had a OC he likes that the move could be made. That said, it's very unlikely that it happens. And we'll be much the same next year on offense. God thats depressing to say.
              2nd in the league in yards doesn't get fired too often. It would be very ballsy.

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                2nd in the league in yards doesn't get fired too often. It would be very ballsy.
                hahaha man these guys are jumping off the handle. He's getting experience through each one of these games fella. I know everyone is looking for a scapegoat. He improved in the 2nd half of the season almost overnight. Why don't you guys think he won't continue to improve? I'm watching the replay of the game and JG had a GREAT game plan going in. They got beaten in the trenches....in one on one battles, over and over and over...It's that simple. The first two drives in the Minny game were damn near flawless...Pressure either busts pipes or makes diamonds...it just happened to bust a pipe or three over the weekend.

He's a smart man, and he's shown that he's learned from his mistakes. You guys need a scapegoat so badly I guess. Nothing teaches better than experience, and I'm willing to bet he continues to improve...Discredit the YPG all you want, but it's a very good stat to tell how a offense is able to manipulate the D. If you go look back at many of the games, the reasons the points don't match up are due to players losing their one on ones, or simply making boneheaded mistakes/penalties.

You guys are blaming Garrett for the team not coming to play. Flo goes down and he leaves Witten in to block(This is adjustment...is it not?) and he completely whiffs on two straight blocks. The first time for negative yardage for Felix, the 2nd time for the sack and fumble on Romo. So all of this "He couldn't adjust to the pressure" is only half true.
                Last edited by FreshBoy!; 01-20-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                  Veteran playcaller? This would be Garretts 4th year. He is becoming more veteran by the day. I'm sure he will fix his mistakes he had this year. He fixed plenty of mistakes from last year, so I think he'll do it again.
                  I do think he will improve. The thing about it is that without a tutor, progress is much slower. From year 1 to year 3... the progress has been slow. Can't deny that he's still committing the same mistakes.

One day Garrett will be one of the best offensive minds in the game... but there's no doubt our team is his ginuea pig as he goes through his growing pains.

I'd like to see what Mike Martz would do with our talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    Umm, no he's not. He's not even the best Corner on his own team.
                    Just because he's not the best on his team doesn't mean he's one of the better corners in the game. There are about 64 starting corners in the league, and he is definitely in the top half in terms of skill. He's a top 15-30 corner IMO. That's not elite, but that's not bad either.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      Maybe I haven't followed this thread enough, but since you guys are so adamant about getting Garrett out of here, who did you guys want to come in at OC?
                      Billick, if he'd even be open to OC. Other than him I'd have to think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        Billick, if he'd even be open to OC. Other than him I'd have to think about it.
                        Billick, the QB killer??? Who could never get his offense going outside of handing the ball off to Jamal Lewis every play? No thanks.

Comment

• Dont forget my favorite OC candidate for any team; Hue Jackson.
                          Loved him in Cincy as a WR and love what he has done in Baltimore as a QB coach. His stint in ATL as OC was too short lived and that was a tragic year for that franchise and shouldnt be held against him.

I would love to have him back in Cincy but I also think we are stuck with Brat.
                          Hue really turned TJ and Chad, to an extent Henry; into the great players they are today. I think he had a lot to do with them coming out as big time players and TJ going from 7th rounder to one of the best at what he does.
                          Could work wonders with what you guys have at WR and RB (He was Washingtons RB coach)

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Billick, the QB killer??? Who could never get his offense going outside of handing the ball off to Jamal Lewis every play? No thanks.
                            Kyle Boller isn't the only QB Billick has worked with...

Comment

• I thought somebody posted here that Romo would be making the Pro Bowl since Brees and Favre can't make it? Just read McNabb is going to get the nod.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                I thought somebody posted here that Romo would be making the Pro Bowl since Brees and Favre can't make it? Just read McNabb is going to get the nod.
                                What the hell? It was more an assumption more than anything but, wow. You'd figure he'd be right next in line...considering his season was next best in line compared to those other three that made it. bleh.

Pro Bowl voting suuuuuuuuucks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information