X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want playmakers on D.

Comment

• Lots of chatter on the Senior Bowl thread about the Cowboys showing a major interest in Iupati, saying he reminds everyone of Nate Newton at OG, etc.

While all 32 teams go to great lengths every offseason to play their cards as close to the vests as possible & not tip their draft preferences, everybody is loosemouthed in Mobile to the press & anyone who listens during Senior Bowl Wk. Likewise everyone assume the coaches from the 2 terms coaching the North & South squads will picks out several players they've individually worked with as preferences for their teams, but I don't think anyone in the drafnik world takes this seriously.

When you hear stuff like Dallas interested in Iupati to play OG the rule of thumb is go to the Team Needs default position. Ten factor in their place in the draft order. For example, will Iupati last until Dallas drafts (after 20-something other teams have drafted)? No he won't, so then is he worth trading up to acquire, & do they have the ammo to do it? No & no..... not taking the Dallas moving up for Iupati very seriously.

Comment

• So who are the guys that are coming back no matter what happens this offseason? Here is a rough list of guys who will be with the Cowboys in 2010 barring something crazy happening.

QB:
        Romo
        McGee

RB:
        Felix
        Barber?
        Choice

WR:
        Miles
        Roy
        Ogletree
        Crayton

TE:
        Witten
        Phillips

OL:
        Gurode
        Davis
        Columbo
        Kosier
        Free
        Brewster

DL:
        Ratliff
        Olshansky
        Bowen

LB:
        Ware
        Bradie
        Brooking
        Spencer
        Butler
        J. Williams

CB:
        Jenkins
        Newman
        Scandrick
        Ball

S:
        both Hamlins
        Sensy?

ST:
        McBriar
        LaDoucer

I'm sure y'all could add to that. I put question marks by guys who I think will come back, but it's not much of a lock like the others. I don't think Barber gets traded, but stranger things have happened before.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I actually don't think it's a lock McGee returns. I know he was a project and all but it's more of a lock Kitna comes back, and if we pick up maybe LeFevour that we like more we could try and slip him onto the PS.

Also you put both Hamlins? Neither are a lock, but Ken Hamlin is one of the prime cut candidates. Ball played at worst equal to him for a hell of a lot cheaper, and Hamlin makes too much to not make an impact. I think it could be Ball and a safety we draft for that spot.

I read somewhere Jerry likes Earl Thomas soooo :D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I read somewhere Jerry likes Earl Thomas soooo :D[/QUOTE]

That would be my favorite scenario, even if we have to trade up to get him. He would take our D to another level and yes he is >>>taylor Mays.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• He is the playmaking safety we need! Taylor will be an average guy like Ken Hamlin IMO....
              2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
              - Cleveland Browns GM
              - Dallas Cowboys GM
              - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• I have come to grips that Earl Thomas is a better prospect than Taylor Mays. But I'm not ready to believe without a doubt that he will be the better pro. IMO, Thomas is a CB who played S in college. Can he be an NFL Safety and provide the same game? Is Thomas not afraid to lay his body out and mix it up? The transition for Mays will probably be easier in that respect.

Comment

• McGee not being brought back...are you crazy? Someone has been smoking...he was a 4th round pick and has done what the coaching staff has wanted. He is a lock to come back.

I just find it hard to believe that we'll move up to land a guy in the first round. Every year I mock up a way for us to do it...but I think if we have learned anything from the draft process it's you can find just as good of talent in the 2nd round as you can in the first. Moving up for a top 15 pick has to be either a top 5 guy who has fallen or at a premier position LT/QB/CB.

Besides that you really can't justify it. Now I guess if your moving up a couple of spots maybe I could see Jerry doing it...but I have a feeling we'll watch Thomas go off the board in that 18-25 range and people will be pissed.

Comment

• Best D Playmaker is Brandon Graham.

Comment

• Are you talking entire draft or in our range???
                      2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                      - Cleveland Browns GM
                      - Dallas Cowboys GM
                      - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                        McGee not being brought back...are you crazy? Someone has been smoking...he was a 4th round pick and has done what the coaching staff has wanted. He is a lock to come back.

I just find it hard to believe that we'll move up to land a guy in the first round. Every year I mock up a way for us to do it...but I think if we have learned anything from the draft process it's you can find just as good of talent in the 2nd round as you can in the first. Moving up for a top 15 pick has to be either a top 5 guy who has fallen or at a premier position LT/QB/CB.

Besides that you really can't justify it. Now I guess if your moving up a couple of spots maybe I could see Jerry doing it...but I have a feeling we'll watch Thomas go off the board in that 18-25 range and people will be pissed.
                        And this is the exact reason why I actually didn't hate the JJ move from a few years back. Moving back makes sense because it allows us to stockpile picks and if we get lucky and the team sucks balls. It gives us that top fifteen pick that we covet(the following year) while also maintaining a level of success that we want to see(picking late in the draft).

I'll take trading out of the first this year for a 3rd or 4th this year and a 1st next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
                          Are you talking entire draft or in our range???
                          Draft. He just makes plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            I have come to grips that Earl Thomas is a better prospect than Taylor Mays. But I'm not ready to believe without a doubt that he will be the better pro. IMO, Thomas is a CB who played S in college. Can he be an NFL Safety and provide the same game? Is Thomas not afraid to lay his body out and mix it up? The transition for Mays will probably be easier in that respect.
                            Thomas lays plenty of wood. He's very physical. Has amazing speed, great deep FS, sure tackler, he's the man.

He's actually not as far off from Eric Berry as ppl think. Berry just has a better knack for the INT.

Mays isn't in his league right now. Right now, I have Mays as a 2nd round guy, as far as grade is concerned. Someone will reach for him earlier than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                              Best D Playmaker is Brandon Graham.
                              I agree. I was just raving about him on the Giants team board. Probably my favorite D player in the draft outside of Suh and McCoy.

I love Sergio Kindle and Derrick Morgan too. And Dan Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by shane_man View Post
                                And this is the exact reason why I actually didn't hate the JJ move from a few years back. Moving back makes sense because it allows us to stockpile picks and if we get lucky and the team sucks balls. It gives us that top fifteen pick that we covet(the following year) while also maintaining a level of success that we want to see(picking late in the draft).

I'll take trading out of the first this year for a 3rd or 4th this year and a 1st next year.
                                That would be below value. When we traded out of the Stephen Jackson and Brady Quinn picks we got a second that year and a first the next. Why would we start accepting less?
                                No excuse for these players being left out of the Hall of Fame:
                                QB Ken Anderson
                                DT Alex Karras
                                LB Chuck Howley

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information