This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

Say what you will about Wade as a HC, he's still one hell of a coordinator.
    This is Wade's version of the Super Bowl Shuffle. Wade>85 Bears.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• "The Cardinals are expected to release FS Antrel Rolle this week.
      The sides have been negotiating a contract extension, but cutting Rolle will allow the Cards to avoid paying his impending $4 million roster bonus. It may also very well cost them their starting free safety. Rolle will become an unrestricted free agent and generate interest because of his play-making ability. The 27-year-old has 10 interceptions over the past three years."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...aspx?sport=NFL

Anyone with me on signing the guy if at all possible?

Comment

• I think he and Sensy would make a heck of a combination.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyHeisman View Post
          "The Cardinals are expected to release FS Antrel Rolle this week.
          The sides have been negotiating a contract extension, but cutting Rolle will allow the Cards to avoid paying his impending $4 million roster bonus. It may also very well cost them their starting free safety. Rolle will become an unrestricted free agent and generate interest because of his play-making ability. The 27-year-old has 10 interceptions over the past three years."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...aspx?sport=NFL

Anyone with me on signing the guy if at all possible?
          It would make sense, but I think he'll be too high.
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
            I think he and Sensy would make a heck of a combination.
            Me too. I saw the Rolle rumors and honestly got excited because it's a cut that would make some sense for us truly. Hamlin plays FS, there shouldn't be any doubt that Rolle would be a huge upgrade over him at this point, pricey but an upgrade that maybe gives us a chance to bypass Safety for a year or 2.

Then if we take a corner early, our pass defense improves x10 over last year, Rolle is a play-maker back there, with Jenkins, and Sensy's coverage was awesome even with a cast on. If we can get strong up front to manage to be stout against the run I don't see any downside to having those 2 as our safeties next year.

Problem is there would be other teams with not much talent, and alot of cap room bidding his price up, and he may end up signing a price out of our range, or too much for the type of player.

Let's keep in perspective their not releasing him for no reason, he has his positives and negatives, but I know he's a great freelancing FS who can make plays on the ball and the fact that we could have him and Jenkins would be 2 more play-makers in the secondary then we have had in the last 10 years maybe? I hope we at least do our homework.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Funny that everyone used that reasoning for us trading for RW, and that caused us to miss out on Harvin, Nicks, Maclin, and alot of other WR's in that class who most of us would take over Roy.
              I would have preferred Nicks, he was impressive last yr, got some respect from Dallas that's for sure. Or is the DBs get a complete case of the heebie-jeebies when they try to cover him? Big miss there. And they wonder why Dallas is outclassed with WRs?

Supports why the 3rd-4th WR job s/b addressed, as Royboy has his put up or get outta town yr. & Crayton, well, IDK, he's just flaky. I'm saying theyneed some new hands who can get open out there....

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                I would have preferred Nicks, he was impressive last yr, got some respect from Dallas that's for sure. Or is the DBs get a complete case of the heebie-jeebies when they try to cover him? Big miss there. And they wonder why Dallas is outclassed with WRs?

Supports why the 3rd-4th WR job s/b addressed, as Royboy has his put up or get outta town yr. & Crayton, well, IDK, he's just flaky. I'm saying theyneed some new hands who can get open out there....
                I know alot(or some) have used the comparison of Nicks to Irvin before, but it was one I was using well before I heard anyone saying it, not to say anyone stole somebodies comparison but I think if you looked at past players he did have alot of similiarities between the two.

Surprising Jerry or someone didn't notice that, and want to bring him in. Then again, we just rarely draft WR's in the 1st round, so can't say I'm too surprised, but Nicks would of saved us a boat load of money, been better, and is a great compliment to Austin.

I would of liked to think had any of the scouts saw some of Irvin they would of brought him in and even moved back some to take him, but again that's probably just wishful thinking because the word is that Jerry was hot for Maclin so that probably would have been the target.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• still need a Cowboys GM for a forum mock thing:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38839

post here to join

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Folk's a Jet now. :(

Sad but, kind not at the same time. Hopefully he can get back on track.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• We should sign Jay Feely. He's the same type of all around kicker Buehler is. He can kick for us for a year and teach Buehler how to kick both ways.

Comment

• The scary thing is that Folk said he got his accuracy back. Stating that he was leaning to far forward which was causing him to not get through the ball the way he used to. God I hope he doesn't go on to be a stud the rest of his career...that'd sting.

Comment

• hopefully David Buehler can develop into an all-around kicker and make Folk's departure a non-issue. Even if Folk got his accuracy back, he's a terrible kickoff guy.
                          No excuse for these players being left out of the Hall of Fame:
                          QB Ken Anderson
                          DT Alex Karras
                          LB Chuck Howley

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                            The scary thing is that Folk said he got his accuracy back. Stating that he was leaning to far forward which was causing him to not get through the ball the way he used to. God I hope he doesn't go on to be a stud the rest of his career...that'd sting.
                            Folk is a talker. Remember when he said it was the holder's fault?

Besides, is it written in stone that he wouldn't get another audition with us.. ever? If he can prove his accuracy against the rest of our competition, then that's the best way to bring him back... but not off the word of his mouth.

Comment

• Still though...you guys should have put him on IR and brought him back to see if he had anything left.

Now who do you have? You have a kicker problem again.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Still though...you guys should have put him on IR and brought him back to see if he had anything left.

Now who do you have? You have a kicker problem again.
                                Can you put someone on IR who's not injured?

Folk could've sued or something by preventing him from working out with another team when he's not injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information