Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope he's back... Then the Jets will let Jay Feely go.

I'm telling you guys, Feely would be great for us in so many ways. He's good, he's an all around player, and he's tough. He's like an older version of Buehler that knows how to kick.

Let him and Chris Boniol spend the entire year turning Buehler into a FG kicker and problem is solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Can you put someone on IR who's not injured?

Folk could've sued or something by preventing him from working out with another team when he's not injured.
      Technically he was injured. He was still recovering from his injury. He wouldn't have much of a case.

The Patriots have done a lot more shady things than that. They even let their IR'ed players practice.

So I'm sure Dallas could have gotten away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
        I hope he's back... Then the Jets will let Jay Feely go.

I'm telling you guys, Feely would be great for us in so many ways. He's good, he's an all around player, and he's tough. He's like an older version of Buehler that knows how to kick.

Let him and Chris Boniol spend the entire year turning Buehler into a FG kicker and problem is solved.
        It be a huge leap of faith to let Feely go. But if not Stover is perfectly fine for a year. He's clutch, a veteran, and pretty automatic under 50 yards, that and he openly stated he wanted to come here. He'd be the perfect guy to put with Buehler to see if there is anything there.

If we could just make Buehler our 50+ FG kicker and manage to get him doing long distance kicks with accuracy which he obviously has the leg for then it be a perfect match.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I don't think we'll bring a kicker in from FA. However I did read that Boniol has a connection to Hunter Lawrence...so maybe we take a flier on him with our 7th.

Comment

• No surprise that we didnt tag Miles.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I know teams don't hardly ever give up a 1st and a 3rd for any player in the NFL but I'm getting really worried that it is a possibility. Throw in a poison pill and we are looking for a #1 WR somewhere in the draft. I really don't think losing Austin and drafting a Dez Bryant and a 3rd would be a win for us. Even worse is if we try to address it with another player...yuck this WR class isn't attractive to me. Eric Decker is the only WR I truly trust to come in and work and I don't know if we'd draft him.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                I know teams don't hardly ever give up a 1st and a 3rd for any player in the NFL but I'm getting really worried that it is a possibility. Throw in a poison pill and we are looking for a #1 WR somewhere in the draft. I really don't think losing Austin and drafting a Dez Bryant and a 3rd would be a win for us. Even worse is if we try to address it with another player...yuck this WR class isn't attractive to me. Eric Decker is the only WR I truly trust to come in and work and I don't know if we'd draft him.
                It's a weird WR class allright, there's Bryant & everybody else, big dropoff there although I have to admit Golden Tate is growing on me bigtime. And Bryant has that ? over his head about talking to an agent or whatever got him suspended, must have been a serious NCAA violation b/c it seems to have trashed Oklahoma St's whole season. He can answer that & other questions in his Combine interviews happening even as we post.

He's clearly going to be the 1st receiver off the board, & so the question is that the need is so great for a rookie WR that is Dallas willing to trade up for him? IDTS. Look at last yr's #1 WR, Crabtree. Granted it was fluky thing for him to "drop" 3 spots to the 9ers but it caused him to demand higher pick $ & he held out until October -- there's no doubt he hurt their offense by missing camp & all of September & Vernon Davis had to become the go-t0 guy. Dallas can't afford a draftee holdout, period.

Maybe Dallas should take a mid- or later-round receiver, maybe Tate will be there without working a trade, maybe connect on the next Hakeem Nicks to supplement the current crop, the team is at risk now with a serious hole there with their overpaid, underachieving alleged playmaker Royboy. If Roy tanks again we're in mega-trouble & defenses will double Austin all day, best place to find a replacement is the draft, soooooo.......
                Last edited by LizardState; 02-26-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  It's a weird WR class allright, there's Bryant & everybody else, big dropoff there although I have to admit Golden Tate is growing on me bigtime. And Bryant has that ? over his head about talking to an agent or whatever got him suspended, must have been a serious NCAA violation b/c it seems to have trashed Oklahoma St's whole season. He can answer that & other questions in his Combine interviews happening even as we post.

He's clearly going to be the 1st receiver off the board, & so the question is that the need is so great for a rookie WR that is Dallas willing to trade up for him? IDTS. Look at last yr's #1 WR, Crabtree. Granted it was fluky thing for him to "drop" 3 spots to the 9ers but it caused him to demand higher pick $ & he held out until October -- there's no doubt he hurt their offense by missing camp & all of September & Vernon Davis had to become the go-t0 guy. Dallas can't afford a draftee holdout, period.

Maybe Dallas should take a mid- or later-round receiver, maybe Tate will be there without working a trade, maybe connect on the next Hakeem Nicks to supplement the current crop, the team is at risk now with a serious hole there with their overpaid, underachieving alleged playmaker Royboy. If Roy tanks again we're in mega-trouble & defenses will double Austin all day, best place to find a replacement is the draft, soooooo.......
                  I'm a huge Demeryius Thomas fan personally.

I think he's going to be a beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                    I know teams don't hardly ever give up a 1st and a 3rd for any player in the NFL but I'm getting really worried that it is a possibility. Throw in a poison pill and we are looking for a #1 WR somewhere in the draft. I really don't think losing Austin and drafting a Dez Bryant and a 3rd would be a win for us. Even worse is if we try to address it with another player...yuck this WR class isn't attractive to me. Eric Decker is the only WR I truly trust to come in and work and I don't know if we'd draft him.
                    He's not going anywhere...if we dont sign him to an extension, we'll place the 1st and 3rd round tender on him and we have the right to match any offer he may get. Which he more than likely, wont get any. And if he did, we'd be forced to match and I'm sure we would. I wouldnt worry.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• If they would have played the best player out of camp last year, Hurd would be starting. :D I'll believe it when I see it.

edit....

Where did the post go, that I was responding to?
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-27-2010, 04:08 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Bruce Campbell is no longer in the plans.

Tackle class is pretty impressive however.

Comment

• I hate going O-Line in the 1st but, Campbell would have been nice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            I hate going O-Line in the 1st but, Campbell would have been nice.
                            Looking at this athletic nature of these guys, I would say moving into the early second and picking up and early third nets us what we need.

For example, I don't think Iupati goes first or the FL Center either becuase there are so many T prospects.

Not only that if folks are so in love with the OL, then something elso of need might fall into our lap ... Rolando McClain anyone? E Thomas (S)?

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                              Looking at this athletic nature of these guys, I would say moving into the early second and picking up and early third nets us what we need.

For example, I don't think Iupati goes first or the FL Center either becuase there are so many T prospects.

Not only that if folks are so in love with the OL, then something elso of need might fall into our lap ... Rolando McClain anyone? E Thomas (S)?
                              If Rolando McClain slipped to 20, the organization would be morbidly stupid to not trade up and take him.

Comment

• This is why I hate Crayton and wish he would be cut in favor of Hurd

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-if-to-re.html

He is still polishing that loser's knob and rehashing bad old news.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information