This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeyHeisman View Post
    If Rolando McClain slipped to 20, the organization would be morbidly stupid to not trade up and take him.
    They were morbidly stupid to not to pick Rey Rey. A real 3-4 thumper to replace Bradie.

Comment

• Safety in the late 1st rd, anyone? Taylor Mays just stunned the Combine with a 4.24 40 time.

We need a FG kicker (as opposed to a converted kickoff guy like Buehler), a safety, & front 5 OL, all of whom can start as rookies, pretty sky-high expectations for a shopping list huh?

Comment

• Taylor Mays will go higher than that and he's a bad fit for us anyway. He looks exactly like Roy Williams in coverage.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          Safety in the late 1st rd, anyone? Taylor Mays just stunned the Combine with a 4.24 40 time.
          Did you want him before he ran? I'm not talking about you in particuliar, but it baffles me how people can just all of a sudden want a guy because he's fast.

I guess we should get Vernon Gholston too then huh? He has to be good because he's really big and fast.

It's one thing if you liked him before that's fine, but if you just want him because he's fast I don't get it. If anything maybe this helped him bump above Thomas so we can get him. Mays has shown nothing on the field to make me want him, as fast as he is it's even more disappointing how he read and reacts on the ball in the air.

You can't time instincts, and I'm not about to get all excited over his 40 like that makes him know how to play football. People do this every year after the 40's.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            Did you want him before he ran? I'm not talking about you in particuliar, but it baffles me how people can just all of a sudden want a guy because he's fast.

I guess we should get Vernon Gholston too then huh? He has to be good because he's really big and fast.

It's one thing if you liked him before that's fine, but if you just want him because he's fast I don't get it. If anything maybe this helped him bump above Thomas so we can get him. Mays has shown nothing on the field to make me want him, as fast as he is it's even more disappointing how he read and reacts on the ball in the air.

You can't time instincts, and I'm not about to get all excited over his 40 like that makes him know how to play football. People do this every year after the 40's.
            Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions.... did you read the whole post outlining the team's needs? Guess not.

All I'm saying is that the #1 Dallas need per the PFW draft mag has been, is & continues to be safety, & the price of the #2-ranked guy just went through the roof.

40 times are largely irrelevant, but with WRs & DBs you have to look at them

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
              They were morbidly stupid to not to pick Rey Rey. A real 3-4 thumper to replace Bradie.
              How are they dumb for not taking a guy that got drafted well before they had their first pick? I'm not getting this Rey **** at all. It wasn't like they passed him up while he was on the board. Could they have traded up to get him? That was a possibility, but who knows how much potential a deal like that would have had? This Rey Rey crap just seems like bitching for the sake of bitching. There is no logical reason to act like they passed up a stud LB unless you were actually in the war room and knew their chances of getting him.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                How are they dumb for not taking a guy that got drafted well before they had their first pick? I'm not getting this Rey **** at all. It wasn't like they passed him up while he was on the board. Could they have traded up to get him? That was a possibility, but who knows how much potential a deal like that would have had? This Rey Rey crap just seems like bitching for the sake of bitching. There is no logical reason to act like they passed up a stud LB unless you were actually in the war room and knew their chances of getting him.
                Wrong Rey.....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I was talking about Rey Mauluga. If that's the wrong Rey then I apologize for ranting about it.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4954708

Jerry says there will be a lot of changes and says that the focal point will be the offensive line. He also did not denie the releases of Adams and Hamlin when he was asked.

Comment

• 1100 Radio in Charlotte is reporting that Peppers will sign with the redskins on Friday. Not sure how true that is because I couldnt find a link about it anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                        1100 Radio in Charlotte is reporting that Peppers will sign with the redskins on Friday. Not sure how true that is because I couldnt find a link about it anywhere.
                        Unreal if that's true. Osackpo, Peppers, Haynesworth? Dear Lord.

Comment

• I believe that the Redskins will be active this year...They will probably net Peppers, Rolle(when cut) and several mid level OL....Can't stop them from spending....I do have 2 questions...One, why is the never a serious investigation into the Redskins tampering....From my memory there is at least one case of them a year engaging in skeptical actions(Milloy and Haynesworth come to mind)?....Second, how have they been under the cap for as many seasons as they have? I know there is no cap this year......I am talking about previous seasons.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            Unreal if that's true. Osackpo, Peppers, Haynesworth? Dear Lord.
                            Pretty menacing to think about.....Remember that Peppers is like Haynesworth and can disappear during the season. I know you will mention Shanahan as the motivating coach, but remember Jeff Fisher and Mike Fox are not cream puffs.....Orakpo looks the part...The other two can disappear.....Don't see it them doing nothing year one, but year 2/3/4 could yield the disappointmenting results for the Skins.....I hope!

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions.... did you read the whole post outlining the team's needs? Guess not.

All I'm saying is that the #1 Dallas need per the PFW draft mag has been, is & continues to be safety, & the price of the #2-ranked guy just went through the roof.

40 times are largely irrelevant, but with WRs & DBs you have to look at them
                              I guess you missed the part where I asked you a question first about if you wanted him prior, so kinda hard to jump to conclusions when that was the case. I even stated my rant wasn't even directed at you. All I read was "wow Mays ran a 4.24 let's get him!!!".

I didn't see anything in your post talking about PFW, or showing a link to some article. I just hate when people get excited and want a guy over a 40 time, again it wasn't even directed at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                                1100 Radio in Charlotte is reporting that Peppers will sign with the redskins on Friday. Not sure how true that is because I couldnt find a link about it anywhere.
                                Who is surprised? I mean honestly? Funny thing is they'll go get LT, and Dunta Robinson, and still win 4 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information