Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We'll see. He's one of their few good players. If they really thought they'd lose him for nothing, I doubt they would have gave him that tender, as weird as that sounds. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

As for us...yay for Sammy. Now I dont want us to go WR because, that would more than likely mean his end as a Cowboy. Why not actually give him a real shot at PT this time? ugh.

The Spears tender is interesting...just because, he now officially makes less money than Bowen and Hatcher. Also at a 2nd round level, that's a price someone may pay for him. Like I said before, I think he's a solid enough 3-4 end but, no one will complain if we can get a 2nd for him. Everyone else seems safe with their tenders...maybe Bowen will get a look or two and maybe someone takes a flyer on Mcquistan for whatever reason but, that's probably it.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-05-2010, 03:05 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• I like how DMN trys to make a deal out of Spears getting the lower tender. It's a business...the return pick is just as high on the low tender for spears as the high tender. As far as the players making more..it's funny I think...but can't argue with the logic behind it.

Comment

• Do whatever it takes to bring in OL help. We were beat in the playoffs by OL. This should be number one concern. I don't care, as long as OL is improved.

We have players every where else. Fix the OL and we are golden. Not to mention this draft seems deep all over. There is help all over in this draft. But OL is a must.
        I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• The thing about landing a safety like OJ is that it means we don't have to waste a pick in the draft at the position. Whether it means leaving Ball as our 4th CB or drafting out of a deeper CB crop it makes the most sense. I don't expect us to do it right away...but i wouldn't be surprised to see us make an offer a week or so into it. Probably take a poison pill to get him away tho.

Comment

• Does Wade go after Jamal Williams, now that the Chargers have cut him loose?

Comment

• I thought we could easily bring in Jamal Williams for cheap, but he'd almost have to play NT, I don't think he had much experience playing DE, and I don't know if it's worth it to bring him in for depth. But he is a Wade guy, and if he's cheap due to age and injury I'd probably be all for it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                2nd round tender for Bowen, no word on the other guys yet. I actually think this tender is a little risky. Good 3-4 ends arent easy to come by and Bowen's a talented player. He'll probably get through but, I wouldnt be shocked if he receives some attention.
                Give me a 2nd rounder for Bowen everyday of the week. I think you're overrating Bowen if you think any team is going to give up a 2nd rounder.

Give me that 2nd rounder in a mock draft and I'll take it to the BANK! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                  What do you guys think about giving our 1st for Jared Gaither? He's a big time left tackle and he's only 24 years old. Baltimore game him a 1st round tender only. IMO it would be a great move. Thoughts?
                  Man, I remember wanting him badly in the supplemental draft.

I really like the guy still. This move would be much safer than drafting any of the first round OTs that would reach us. Hmmm.... I think it's much safer than testing out Free on the left too. Gaither on the left and Free on the right isn't a bad idea.

Because he's a proven commodity and a damn good player.... I would be ok with that trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                    I've wanted this for a long time....OJ is actually do able for us...god please let us make this move.

dmn blog
                    Good luck thule. I'm pulling for ya this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                      The thing about landing a safety like OJ is that it means we don't have to waste a pick in the draft at the position. Whether it means leaving Ball as our 4th CB or drafting out of a deeper CB crop it makes the most sense. I don't expect us to do it right away...but i wouldn't be surprised to see us make an offer a week or so into it. Probably take a poison pill to get him away tho.
                      That's what is exciting about landing good players in FA. No matter what position, it helps eliminate draft needs and we can narrow down our draft focus.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyHeisman View Post
                        Does Wade go after Jamal Williams, now that the Chargers have cut him loose?
                        Unfortunately, I don't think he has anything left in the tank. If he's cheap... Junior Siavii cheap... then I could see that happening. But I have major doubts. There's maybe a 5% chance of it happening, imo.

Comment

• As far as Gaither, it just seems like a pipe dream that Baltimore lets him go. Of course they could of tendered him at a 1st and 3rd but I just can't see any scenario they don't match an offer we send over. Now if I'm Jerry I think it's worth a shot to try, him at LT, Free at RT is sexy. Just doubt that it's a realistic possibility.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• All is quiet at Valley Ranch as FA begins....

I think winning that playoff game came at a bigger loss to us in FA than I imagined. We're handicapped it seems.

Comment

• We are waiting for the right opportunity to present itself..we weren't going to be a team to jump in right away...i'm not surprised I guess.

Comment

• We havent made a real big splash in years, we have a good team with little need, it's not surprising. Last year we waited a long time to do anything as well. Brooking was a couple of days in and Sensabaugh was a pretty late addition, if I remember correctly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information