Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't think we'll draft a true OT in this draft. I have a feeling it'll be a Ducasse or a John Jerry type. Someone that could play if multiple injuries occurred but are ultimately being groomed for 2011 at LG. Ducasse has LT potential so I wouldn't be surprised to see us targeting him somewhere in the second round range. I don't see us being a convential team as far as OL goes. Our OG's are more than likely going to be our backup tackles this year. I'm sure we'll keep McQ but I don't think we'll have a true backup LT we'll go with a big boy in the draft to play inside and essentially backup LD who is our backup LT. I like Ducasse a lot...I touted him forever ago as our future LT. While I'm not sure I still buy that...I do think that he is a great fit for us. He has a really great story and I'm working on getting a story up on btd about him. Actually BOE is going to be writing it so I'll make sure to link it when it is up. He makes a ton of sense for what we are trying to do. Brewster as a backup OG/RT...and Ducasse as a backup OG/future starter/#3 LT. I am a firm believer that Ducasse can play the left side effectively in the NFL. But this is how I see it playing out if we draft him.

    Comment


    • thanks for the info, hope you guys dont get Dez Bryant :D

      Comment


      • Originally posted by thule View Post
        He ran a 4.78 for the record
        Yes his sub-4.4 time was initially misreported.

        While we're converting maybe we can convert Martellus Bennett to RB to replace Felix Bennett resembled a drunk giraffe in those jump ball red zone passes last yr.

        So, the OL looks like:

        RT: Marc Colombo, Pat McQuistan
        RG: Leonard Davis, Montrae Holland
        C: Andre Gurode, Marc Spanos
        LG: Kyle Kosier, Cory Proctor
        LT: Doug Free, Whoever drafted in 3 wks.
        Last edited by LizardState; 04-04-2010, 11:29 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          Yes his sub-4.4 time was initially misreported.

          While we're converting maybe we can convert Martellus Bennett to RB to replace Felix Bennett resembled a drunk giraffe in those jump ball red zone passes last yr.

          So, the OL looks like:

          RT: Marc Colombo, Pat McQuistan
          RG: Leonard Davis, Montrae Holland
          C: Andre Gurode, Marc Spanos
          LG: Kyle Kosier, Cory Proctor
          LT: Doug Free, Whoever drafted in 3 wks.
          No Robert Brewster?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by thule View Post
            I don't think we'll draft a true OT in this draft. I have a feeling it'll be a Ducasse or a John Jerry type. Someone that could play if multiple injuries occurred but are ultimately being groomed for 2011 at LG. Ducasse has LT potential so I wouldn't be surprised to see us targeting him somewhere in the second round range. I don't see us being a convential team as far as OL goes. Our OG's are more than likely going to be our backup tackles this year. I'm sure we'll keep McQ but I don't think we'll have a true backup LT we'll go with a big boy in the draft to play inside and essentially backup LD who is our backup LT. I like Ducasse a lot...I touted him forever ago as our future LT. While I'm not sure I still buy that...I do think that he is a great fit for us. He has a really great story and I'm working on getting a story up on btd about him. Actually BOE is going to be writing it so I'll make sure to link it when it is up. He makes a ton of sense for what we are trying to do. Brewster as a backup OG/RT...and Ducasse as a backup OG/future starter/#3 LT. I am a firm believer that Ducasse can play the left side effectively in the NFL. But this is how I see it playing out if we draft him.
            I agree with you on Ducasse. I think he's got the potential to end up being one of the top 3 tackles in this class behind Okung and Trent Williams. I think he's got a ton of ability and in the mean time could help out inside at guard immediately. I'd have no problem if we trade back and he's our first pick. I think we grab a guy like Ducasse, a center/guard type like JD Walton and a FS like Morgan Burnett or Nate Allen then everything else is just BPA.

            Comment


            • Montrae Holland isnt on the roster anymore...and Brewster should be backup Right Tackle. Assuming he stills play T, which I think will be the case.

              And the backup center is Duke Preston.

              We have a lot of depth to fill. I dont want a rookie swing T. So hopefully we fill that in FA.

              LT Free
              LG Kosier
              C Gurode
              RG Davis
              RT Colombo

              T/G Mcquistan
              G/C Procter
              C/G Preston
              T/G Brewster

              Depth is horrible.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 04-04-2010, 01:43 PM.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • Ugh, it's even worse to look at. I wouldn't be upset with 3 interior lineman picks late in the draft, we need to hit on one and hopefully find a future starter. Didn't we pick a few other scrubs on the line in the same draft as Free also?





                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  Ugh, it's even worse to look at. I wouldn't be upset with 3 interior lineman picks late in the draft, we need to hit on one and hopefully find a future starter. Didn't we pick a few other scrubs on the line in the same draft as Free also?
                  It was just him and James Martin.

                  And I haven't been paying much attention to a lot of this stuff lately, but what's the word on the kicker situation?
                  Last edited by Paul; 04-04-2010, 04:59 PM.

                  Comment


                  • No word yet. Buehler may get a chance, he may not. They dont seem too high on him as a place kicker.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher^

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

                    Comment


                    • We have a tie to the kicker from Texas. I still think we might try to peg him in the 6th.

                      Comment


                      • Hunter Lawrence

                        Hunter came up big in several games this past year for the Horns but he is no where near where Folk was coming out.

                        Leg Power - slightly below average
                        Accuracy - average
                        KO ability - ZERO
                        Clutch - above average

                        I don't think a rookie kicker will be the direction we need to go. If we do decide to use a pick on a kicker, it probably shouldn't be Lawrence.
                        2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                        - Cleveland Browns GM
                        - Dallas Cowboys GM
                        - Atlanta Falcons GM

                        Comment


                        • I'd be happy with Rackers, he just has some major post season problems though, which is scary.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Haven't been on here much lately, but i am not sure if anyone else is upset about the Cutting of Flo but I sure am. Yes, he is getting up there in age, he costs us plenty of yards, but let's be honest, if he hadn't been there how many more yards would we have lost. We struggled when he was hurt and pry will struggle a little more later on.

                            Hamlin didn't do a whole lot but still had the expierence, oh well we can address it in the draft. As for Flozell there is a major piece of our offense missing nowl Free was the groomed replacement but is he ready? Not sure we will know until that first game in the regular season.

                            Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              I'd be happy with Rackers, he just has some major post season problems though, which is scary.
                              A rookie kicker could keep us from even getting to the post season...
                              2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                              - Cleveland Browns GM
                              - Dallas Cowboys GM
                              - Atlanta Falcons GM

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
                                Hunter came up big in several games this past year for the Horns but he is no where near where Folk was coming out.

                                Leg Power - slightly below average
                                Accuracy - average
                                KO ability - ZERO
                                Clutch - above average

                                I don't think a rookie kicker will be the direction we need to go. If we do decide to use a pick on a kicker, it probably shouldn't be Lawrence.
                                Rookie kicker (any) > Rackers

                                Leigh Tiffin or Brett Swenson > Hunter Lawrence

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information