Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Hurd getting cut may be the best thing for him, if he clears waivers he gets to pick. Granted, there aren't many better options then STL because he'd get alot of chances to play anyway. Still, would be nice to choose where you want to play also.

I was with you in that I expected Carp to be cut, so if we can increase O-line depth I'm for it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      And Carpenter is garbage too, but I'd gladly take another garbage player at a position we need alot more and hope a change of scenery helps. He's just depth anyway and wouldn't start unless something seriously went wrong.
      Garbage depth, LOL.

Disagree about the depth though, this only pertains to what the FO is trying to do here -- They missed in the draft for pass blocking talent at OLT (AKA Doug Free insurance) so they're going after Barron. Maybe they think they can coach him into not holding or whatever. He can't blow the freaking snap count more than flo did, I don't believe that's physically possible. Sam Young is the depth.

Maybe's all speculation, but what about all these question marks over Columbo, does the coaching staff believe this too? Should he be paranoid about being the next one traded? I realize he regressed last season but isnt his job to lose?

I agree with mothman, take him. Carpenter shouldve gone away long ago.
      Last edited by LizardState; 05-06-2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        The problem with Barron is largely mental. He gave up a league leading 14 penalties last year. 2 more than Flozell.

He's always had the athleticism to make you drool. His technique may not be up to par, but that says something considering how long he's been in the league.

He gave up 7 sacks last year. If you calculate sacks given up per snap, then he did better than guys like Jason Peters, Ryan Clady, Branden Albert, Bryant McKinnie, Eugene Monroe, Jordan Gross, Mike Gandy, Levi Jones, Jermon Bushrod, Max Starks and Flozell... amongst others.

So while he has some big time warts, there is at least some potential for him here as a back up. I'm all for it if it means getting rid of a liability like Carp.
        He was also blocking for a statue. I wonder how many of those sacks would have occurred with a mobile Romo under center?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Tap the breaks a bit on Barron being garbage. He's about average. He does struggle with false starts, but his sack numbers aren't awful.

This is from stats.com:

Year Team G GS Pen Yds False Start Holding Sacks Allwd Yds
          2005 StL 12 11 16 115 9 4 5.75 39.25
          2006 StL 16 16 14 75 13 1 8.75 66.25
          2007 StL 16 16 13 81 9 2 3.50 28.50
          2008 StL 16 15 9 46 7 1 7.50 66.00
          2009 StL 16 16 11 80 5 5 7.50 35.00
          Totals 76 74 63 397 43 13 33.00 235.00

By comparison, Flo gave up 8 & 7.25 the last two years.

I think Barron suffers from the same problem as Carp - the perception of their play versus where they were drafted. If Carp had been a 3rd or 4th rounder, we would be disappointed, but not nearly as much since he was a first rounder. I'm sure that's the same for Barron. If he were even a 2nd rounder, I'm sure STL would be more content with him.
          Last edited by Macarthur; 05-06-2010, 04:15 PM.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• If the trade goes down, it'll just be meh for me. I don't really care if Carp is gone or not, and I doubt Barron would do anything here. It's basically two teams trading players they'll cut, so it's not too enticing to me. I guess they can't get any picks for anyone right now.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Leonard Davis had a pretty cruddy career at Arizona until he came here...Maybe Baron and work into something and provide quality depth or even replace someone when we have an injury, which will happen this year!
              2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
              - Cleveland Browns GM
              - Dallas Cowboys GM
              - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Bigg was playing out of position in ARZ.

As for the trade. Meh. Don't really see it as an improvement for team. Experienced "Depth" is nice I guess, but it doesn't mean it's quality depth.

Comment

• Quality over McQuistan...
                  2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                  - Cleveland Browns GM
                  - Dallas Cowboys GM
                  - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                    Tap the breaks a bit on Barron being garbage. He's about average. He does struggle with false starts, but his sack numbers aren't awful.

This is from stats.com:

Year Team G GS Pen Yds False Start Holding Sacks Allwd Yds
                    2005 StL 12 11 16 115 9 4 5.75 39.25
                    2006 StL 16 16 14 75 13 1 8.75 66.25
                    2007 StL 16 16 13 81 9 2 3.50 28.50
                    2008 StL 16 15 9 46 7 1 7.50 66.00
                    2009 StL 16 16 11 80 5 5 7.50 35.00
                    Totals 76 74 63 397 43 13 33.00 235.00

By comparison, Flo gave up 8 & 7.25 the last two years.

I think Barron suffers from the same problem as Carp - the perception of their play versus where they were drafted. If Carp had been a 3rd or 4th rounder, we would be disappointed, but not nearly as much since he was a first rounder. I'm sure that's the same for Barron. If he were even a 2nd rounder, I'm sure STL would be more content with him.
                    +1. Barron is 'average'. He was granted on his potential and it never worked out for STL. He can still become a great player but not in their system. If Barron was a mid-late round player with his production it would be expected but when you are a 1st round pick at LT you are expected to be in the top half of the league, if not better, but the continued notion here that Barron is garbage is a joke.

While I hate Barbie as much as anyone here a move to a 4-3 system will better align with his talents so long as they aren't looking for a thumper. If this ends up a straight swap (as reported) I think we are getting a great deal.

Analysis: Possessing a tremendous amount of natural skill, Barron possesses all the physical traits necessary to be an early pick and a productive left tackle in the NFL. Before any of that will happen he must pick up the intensity and tempo in all areas or will never reach the level of achievement scouts think he is capable of.
                    Originally posted by D-Unit
                    I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
                      Quality over McQuistan...
                      Houck mentioned that McQ is moving to OG.

I really like the idea of Barron more and more. I like Brewster, but I don't like him at LT. I think he's our future at RT when Columbo is done and is our current back up in case Columbo goes down.

Barron is also better than Sam Young. I really think Sam Young has a big hill to climb if he ever plans on being a quality NFL player. Heck, UDFA Mike Tepper could beat him out and I wouldn't be shocked at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
                        Leonard Davis had a pretty cruddy career at Arizona until he came here...Maybe Baron and work into something and provide quality depth or even replace someone when we have an injury, which will happen this year!
                        Davis was great at guard in Arizona, and just average as a tackle. He wasn't horrible like Barron though.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Barron is good to add depth, that you despretly need. you can never have enough O lineman in the NFC east.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Well, my prayers were answered. Never thought the rams would be my savior though.
                            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Now how can we get rid of Spears? Any FS's out there?

Comment

• Ball is def. starting. If Spears were moved, it'd probably only be for a pick. But I'd take it...time to start Bowen! :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information