Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barron might have been bad but he may end up working out as a solid backup for a while.

Looks like Barry Chruch is tearing it up in Mini Camp.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• The deal should go down on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see Barron turn out to be a great player here in due time.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Ball is def. starting. If Spears were moved, it'd probably only be for a pick. But I'd take it...time to start Bowen! :D
        Where is Ball now, strength wise? I remember he was like 170 when we drafted him.

I'm just not down with this whole Safety situation. :(

Comment

• Bad news is that if Otogwe isn't involved in the trade as well, then he'll never be a Cowboy. You would think Dallas would be trying to get him if they wanted him.

Otogwe would make us Super Bowl favorites.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Bad news is that if Otogwe isn't involved in the trade as well, then he'll never be a Cowboy. You would think Dallas would be trying to get him if they wanted him.

Otogwe would make us Super Bowl favorites.
            Maybe they're still waiting for him to clear that June 1 stuff. With Barron it might be a simple trade to get depth before anyone else has a chance to drive his price up. With Atogwe it may be waiting until you can make him a better deal.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
              Davis was great at guard in Arizona, and just average as a tackle. He wasn't horrible like Barron though.
              Where is the perception coming from that Barron has been 'terrible'? He's not great or he wouldn't be available, but he's not terrible. His sack numbers have been middle of the pack for OTs the last several years.

And lets not forget, this is for DEPTH. I think Free is better than him right now so I don't think there's any question that Free is still the starting LT. Barron gives you depth and flexibility because he's played both tackle positions. Plus, he's been very durable; he's only missed like 2 games in 5 years.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Have you actually seen him play? He has been horrible. Sacks arent everything, the guy gives up an ass load of pressure and starts to get insanely grabby. Didnt he lead the league in holding penalties? He's also had some problems in the run game as well, here and there, lets not forget that. Sure, he's a better run blocker than pass protector, but he's really not that good as a whole. He's considered a big ole bust to this point.

edit...to clarify, he's fine as a run blocker, but I was just pointing out he's not overly great in that department to make up for his shortcomings as a pass blocker.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-07-2010, 05:53 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Have you actually seen him play? He has been horrible. Sacks arent everything, the guy gives up an ass load of pressure and starts to get insanely grabby. Didnt he lead the league in holding penalties? He's also had his fair share of problems in the run game as well, lets not forget that. He's not really all that good. He's considered a big ole bust to this point.
                  WEll, I can't say that I've seen a ton of Rams games, but I've read 3 reports out of St. Louis and none of them say he's terrible. He hasn't lived up to billing as a first rounder, but I guarantee you if he comes here, he's probably the best 3rd OT in the league.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Alex Barron was the 8th worst rated OT in 2009 according to profootballfocus. He was also the tied for the worst in the league in penalties accrued for OTs.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1

So basically, he's like a worse version of Flozell Adams. Again, the Cowboys' 2010 season all comes down to how well Doug Free plays.

Comment

• I haven't seen him play all the time, because with the Rams being bottom of the barrel lately they haven't shown much of their games here. I really didn't like what I've seen from him, but I'm not against bringing him in here. He is for depth, and he's experienced. Like I mentioned before, it's all kinda meh to me. I really don't expect much from him, and if he plays it's because someone got hurt.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• There is no reason to not like bringing in Barron, so what he's terrible, Barbie is far worse off and had no place here. Tackle depth is something we needed, and that's all it is, depth.

How many teams in the NFL have a Tackle sitting on the bench that is good enough to be a very good starter somewhere? He has experience at both sides and that's good enough.

No need to get picky and look up all these offensive lineman stats, when your trading barbie your not going to get much, and we could of easily just cut him outright and still be sitting here hoping somebody like Brewster would be good enough to start this year if need be.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I think this will put Brewster inside ultimately...him as a swing tackle made me laugh. I'm in favor of this move.

Comment

• When Barron was drafted, it puzzled Mel Kiper on the ESPN draft set. Even the Rams WR, whom I think was Holt didnt seem to happy. That being said, he adds depth and you rid your self of Carpenter. I think its a great move.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Does anyone remember how bad Columbo was when the Bears let him go? I know it wasn't just performance with him but injuries as well, but I'm just curious trying to look back on it.

Even before he got hurt I remember him being pretty bad, but I still applaud us for finding at least ONE team willing to take Barbie. Parcells wouldn't take him for the past 2 years now and he was the one who wanted him in a 3-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                Bigg was playing out of position in ARZ.

As for the trade. Meh. Don't really see it as an improvement for team. Experienced "Depth" is nice I guess, but it doesn't mean it's quality depth.
                                There wasn't any scenario possible we could trade Carpenter and get a player in return to "improve" the team, I don't think the deal should be graded on that, nor should anyone have expected it. If we could have gotten a 6th rounder for him this past draft we probably take that but nobody wants Barbie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information