• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dez lookin' nasty.

More pics...

http://www.uspresswire.com/sets/87900

Comment

• GAH! Stupid watermarks. Wasted an awesome sig opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Today's OL

1st string
        LT Free
        LG Kosier
        C Gurode
        RG Davis
        RT Columbo

2nd string
        LT Barron
        LG Holland
        C Kosier
        RG McQuistan
        RT Brewster
        That's interesting, right there.

Comment

Today's OL

1st string
          LT Free
          LG Kosier
          C Gurode
          RG Davis
          RT Columbo

2nd string
          LT Barron
          LG Holland
          C Kosier
          RG McQuistan
          RT Brewster

3rd string
          LT Will Baker
          LG Mike Tepper
          C Travis Bright
          RG Chet Teofilo
          RT Sam Young
          Speaking of which, when are they going to draft a true center? Gurode will be the next starter replaced, he's a converted OG.

They don't want to spend a high pick on a center like a lot of teams, I had high hopes they would take Texas Aggie C Cody Wallace 2 drafts ago but the 9ers jumped on him. He weighs only like 284 though. I hope they will address this in mid-later rds. in the 2011 draft. They will have to settle for making do with Kosier or anybody who can do long-snapper dbl. duty since they seem to be going more & more to the Romo-centric shotgun.

Everybody was ewwwwing & ahhhhing over Bryant's hands in the OTA, he appears to be one of those freakish "natural" WRs who makes it look easy. He's already made Crayton expendable & that's a good thing, what kind of hit involved if they just release him?
          Last edited by LizardState; 05-18-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Kosier spent some time as the starting center in Detroit. Having him be our backup center is probably a temporary solution, but it allowed them to cut Proctor and it makes re-signing Holland a good move.

Houck really likes Travis Bright though. Mentioned that he is a work horse who wants to learn and soak up as much as he possibly can.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
              Speaking of which, when are they going to draft a true center? Gurode will be the next starter replaced, he's a converted OG.

They don't want to spend a high pick on a center like a lot of teams, I had high hopes they would take Texas Aggie C Cody Wallace 2 drafts ago but the 9ers jumped on him. He weighs only like 284 though. I hope they will address this in mid-later rds. in the 2011 draft. They will have to settle for making do with Kosier or anybody who can do long-snapper dbl. duty since they seem to be going more & more to to the Romo-centric shotgun.

Everybody was ewwwwing & ahhhhing over Bryant's hands in the OTA, he appears to be one of those freakish "natural" WRs who makes it look easy. He's already made Crayton expendable & that's a good thing, what kind of hit involved if they just release him?
              The problem with this is that Houck and the Cowboy scheme call for a guy with an anchor. A 284lbs center just won't cut it, IMO.

Sounds like they really want Bright to be that guy. I've read several places that Bright is the strongest guy on the team by a significant margin.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                The problem with this is that Houck and the Cowboy scheme call for a guy with an anchor. A 284lbs center just won't cut it, IMO.

Sounds like they really want Bright to be that guy. I've read several places that Bright is the strongest guy on the team by a significant margin.
                Very interesting.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Broncos just picked up Corey Procter. Potential there? or just a scrub?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                    Broncos just picked up Corey Procter. Potential there? or just a scrub?
                    If you ask me and most here he's a scrub, but he's also a pretty valuable swingman on the interior of an offensive line with some veteran experience. If he ever ends up in the game it'll probably end up being a disaster, but if he's depth it's a solid pick-up.

I don't think anyone is going to tell you there is any long term potential, or starter potential there.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway
                      With Thumper gone, you can rest easy over here. But I'll temporarily fill the role of Cowboy hater...

Bryant will be the biggest bust, we're talking Double G's here... Anyone else who think otherwise has a wrong opinion...
                      The only issue I have at the moment is the Mike Williams effect. I'm afraid spending a season away from the game will be hugely detrimental to him becoming a pro. He looks alot more positive then I remember Mike's first pre-season.

Comment

Happy to see Proctor cut.
                        Words could not describe how happy I was when I saw that on Monday morning. Completely turned around Monday karma.
                        Originally posted by D-Unit
                        I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          Broncos just picked up Corey Procter. Potential there? or just a scrub?
                          One thing I hate about most forum posters are that they are fans of guys on their team when the player is on the team and the minute he leaves, they talk stink about him.

So when I say Proctor was a bad player for us, I really mean it. I'm not trying to be one of those sore losers who bad mouth a guy because he's no longer on the team. Proctor really is a below average NFL lineman. Maybe he'll be better in a new environment and scheme. That's what I would hope for if I were you.

Comment

• Let me put my point of view, unbias. He has tremendous talent and is a great threat in the open field. He has all the tools to develop into a great WR. What concerns me is his attitude, and personality. Reminds me to some extent of T.O.
                            Last edited by thule; 05-20-2010, 02:53 AM.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Kosier spent some time as the starting center in Detroit. Having him be our backup center is probably a temporary solution, but it allowed them to cut Proctor and it makes re-signing Holland a good move.

Houck really likes Travis Bright though. Mentioned that he is a work horse who wants to learn and soak up as much as he possibly can.
                              Koiser just said in an interview with DMN that he has never taken a snap at center in his life. I was also under the assumption that koiser had played center but we seem to be mistaken.

The interesting thing about Koiser is that he's never played center in the pros or college. He's played every position on the line but center.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                                Koiser just said in an interview with DMN that he has never taken a snap at center in his life. I was also under the assumption that koiser had played center but we seem to be mistaken.
                                I should've known better than to believe this report from scout.com.

"Center of attention: With the release of Cory Proctor and Duke Preston, the Cowboys did a little shuffling on their offensive line. Kyle Kosier, the teamís starting left guard, worked with the second-team offensive line at center. Phillips said after practice that Kosier has some experience at center, having started some games there with the San Francisco 49ers early in his career, and that his ability to play center would allow the Cowboys to carry backup gue at center, having started some games there with the San Francisco 49ers early in his career, and that his ability to play center would allow the Cowboys to carry backup guard Montrae Holland on its active roster. Holland was inactive every week last season."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information