Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading around, it sure sounds like they hope Bright can play.

I think they go through the first part of camp and hope they find one of the kids that can do it. If they don't like what they see, I could see them trying to get their hands on a veteran type guy that has played some center.

I don't think they would have done this if they didn't think one of the kids could do at least as well as proctor.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Jets K Nick Folk's job is already on the line after missing his first four field goal attempts in Thursday's practice.
      "Nick has to make a couple, or else we'll find another kicker," responded Rex Ryan after Folk drew bronx cheers upon drilling his fifth attempt. This may not end well. Folk had confidence issues aplenty last season, and this certainly won't help matters.
      Source: Bob Glauber on Twitter

Just an update on Folk, looks like he has the same issues as before and may not even stick with NY.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm GM'ing the Cowboys in the 2011 forum mock we're doing and it's a 3 rounder. I just came in here to get some of your opinions on what you anticipate the teams top needs will be going into the next offseason.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          Hey guys, I'm GM'ing the Cowboys in the 2011 forum mock we're doing and it's a 3 rounder. I just came in here to get some of your opinions on what you anticipate the teams top needs will be going into the next offseason.
          S, DE, CB, OG.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            Just an update on Folk, looks like he has the same issues as before and may not even stick with NY.
            Looks like Folk was the classic flash in the pan, rookie Pro Bowler.

Cowboys kicker curse? Vanderjackoff & now Folk. Too early?

Comment

• That surgery def. ruined his career. I dont think he just naturally lost it. Granted, kickers can be head cases, but he was an elite kicker before that surgery.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey
                Hey guys, I'm GM'ing the Cowboys in the 2011 forum mock we're doing and it's a 3 rounder. I just came in here to get some of your opinions on what you anticipate the teams top needs will be going into the next offseason.

D-Unit: S, DE, CB, C.
                Fixed it. D was maybe reffing the high mileage on Davis requiring replacement, I thought of moving Gurode back to his original position.

I agree with those needs.

Add a WR if Crayton goes away & when Williams is adios unless he turns his whole career around.

Some mock picks for VM in TN:

Safety -- Tyler Sash, Iowa (Jr*). Love that name.
                DE -- A) Marcel Dareus, Bama. Homer pick for a top 10-15 player, would have to trade up. Or B) DaQuan Bowers, Clemson
                CB -- Pat Peterson, LSU * I think it's Newman's job to lose, it could happen but Jenkins is a younger cheaper keeper. Peterson is a fast riser for 2011, Matt Moore has him #1 among DBs
                C -- Stefan Wisniewski, Penn St. Time to draft a pure center. Weighs 304. Seriously though, if they're as high on Travis Bright as I think they are, he'll be promoted in 2-3 yrs.
                WR -- Greene from UGA but requires trading up. I think the Cowboys are stuck with Crayton anyway
                Last edited by LizardState; 05-20-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• "Center of attention: With the release of Cory Proctor and Duke Preston, the Cowboys did a little shuffling on their offensive line. Kyle Kosier, the teamís starting left guard, worked with the second-team offensive line at center. Phillips said after practice that Kosier has some experience at center, having started some games there with the San Francisco 49ers early in his career, and that his ability to play center would allow the Cowboys to carry backup guard Montrae Holland on its active roster. Holland was inactive every week last season."

Kosier would have been relieving Jeremy Newberry way back there, Newberry had that C job in SF for umpteen yrs then retired as a Raider, replaced by Eric Heitmann who was their OL swingman & now out of position IMO, but Heitmann's been a 9er his whole career, a local pick as an UDFA from Stanford. Isn't Kosier about 50 yrs old? High mileage player, lol.

Be grateful they can carry the veteran Holland who might well be needed, Davis is another high mileage player & Gurode hasnt got many yrs left

Comment

• Kosier is probably about 31, I dont have the date in front of me. He doesnt have a whole lot of mileage, either. He's always been solid for us, and he was damn good last year.

As for Gurode. He's just fine at C. The guy was a C/G in college and he struggled at G when we had him there when he was younger. He didnt really take off until he beat out Al Johnson at C. There was a time when it looked like he wouldnt amount to much but, his career really took a positive turn, when we moved him back to C.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Gurode is a good run blocking C, but his pass blocking leaves something to be desired. I agree with moth that moving to OG is a bad idea.

Comment

• It looks like the Dolphins have signed Cory Procter. Noticed you guys say he sucks but what Im curious about is how was he playing when Sparano was coaching him up?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• Mediocre. He's not any good, he can just play multiple positions. For whatever reason, the coaches have always been high on him, but you could never tell why when he actually saw the field. He just wasnt any good.

As for something else...Dallas is also trying to pawn Crayton on you guys. Hurd may be a Cowboy yet. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Mediocre. He's not any good, he can just play multiple positions. For whatever reason, the coaches have always been high on him, but you could never tell why when he actually saw the field. He just wasnt any good.

As for something else...Dallas is also trying to pawn Crayton on you guys. Hurd may be a Cowboy yet. haha.
                            Yeah thats not gonna happen. We already have our slot guy in Bess. He's better and cheaper then Crayton.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                              Yeah thats not gonna happen. We already have our slot guy in Bess. He's better and cheaper then Crayton.
                              Yea I don't see that happening. Bess can literally do everything Crayton can do with more explosiveness and a cheaper contract, it would make no sense for them to want him.

As much as we probably are trying, we aren't going to trade Crayton or Hurd. Reggie Brown was traded for a 6th round pick to the most WR needy team in the league and at least he had one season of 800 yards and 8 TD's to go off of. I'd rather just keep Crayton vs a 7th rounder if it came down to it even if he doesn't play that much.

And I'm sure Hurd is upset he doesn't play more and wants to start so I understand that, but there are alot better players then him in the NFL who don't get to play. He is a very solid WR but he just has to wait to get his chance to play.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I like Oggletree a lot. I think he's a player. I think your starting 3 should be Miles, Dez, and Oggletree.

I know that won't happen with Roy still on the team, but thats your most dangerous 3 WR set in my eyes.

Oggletree should be your starting slot WR.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information