This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with BBD.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I like Oggletree a lot. I think he's a player. I think your starting 3 should be Miles, Dez, and Oggletree.

I know that won't happen with Roy still on the team, but thats your most dangerous 3 WR set in my eyes.

Oggletree should be your starting slot WR.
      This has been my exact argument ever since January, it'll be that way sooner then later.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Orlando Scandrick shattered his index finger, he'll be out 4-8 weeks.

I had always wanted to take a corner before we took Wall, because I doubt Newman plays every game and we all know that a few injuries to our CB's changes how we play defense.

Comment

• When I first heard of Scandrick's injury I feared he was out for longer. I thought it was an ACL tear or something that would put him out for a year. I'm not glad that he got hurt, but the injury should be something he comes back from in time that it doesn't hurt the team too much.
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Crayton has asked for a release from Dallas, claiming they are messing with peoples lives and careers..
            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
            Coples is that dude.
            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• ^Hahahahaha

I'm a big Crayton backer, but it's not that serious. lol
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                ^Hahahahaha
                That was my reaction when I read about it

**** Patty, your nobody special. I won't act like I'm not grateful for what he came in and did as a 7th round pick former QB, and I'm sure the Cowboys are too, but what does he think this is, kindergarten? So we'll just release you outright if we don't think you'll play enough to be nice? Lol.

He's not even this good to be crying like that, but oh well, I'll be so damn happy when him and Carpenter is gone, now who will ESPN run to when they need a story lol.

Comment

• Does anyone know if we can realistically afford Atogwe if he's released? Not sure of our cap situation, but his contract is likely to be in the ball park of what Antrell Rolle got, so I'm not sure if releasing Flo put is in the range of picking him up or not.

Comment

• Think about it like this. We woulda have been able to be under the cap with Hamlin...OJ's deal should be less this year than Hamlins was so I don't think money is an issue.

Also just incase you are wondering if we are interested.

Dallas, Miami, and Jacksonville are all reportedly interested in Atogwe
                    http://www.toastedrav.com/post/47876...ears_on_atogwe

roto world also thinks we are in the running with the same teams. Tonight at midnight he officially becomes a free agent. This was one of my offseason predictions....We knew we weren't going to make a offer to get STL off the hook...so this date has been penciled in on the cowboys calendar since april 15th. I have very high hopes that OJ is a cowboy this year.

Comment

• We also haven't went after anyone else at all in FA, that's also a good point about where we would be with Hamlin's deal Thule I didn't think about that.

I just don't want to sign him for too long. I really like AOA as a starter after maybe 2 years, no need to rush him, but if you look at the rate Atogwe is a turnover machine at FS it makes you giddy.

I think he's racked up more turnovers the past 3 years more then any other safety in the NFL, including Ed Reed and Polamalu, and with the way Jerry had played mind games about answering questions about FA makes me think he had something like this in mind.

I just can't really believe they would let him walk without compensation, what is hurting signing him to a 1 year tender? I don't get it, but if it's gotten this far, looks like he's as good as gone. I am just waiting it out to see how it plays out now, I think Ball is ok but Atogwe is a huge upgrade and should make us a much better team short term.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        We also haven't went after anyone else at all in FA, that's also a good point about where we would be with Hamlin's deal Thule I didn't think about that.

I just don't want to sign him for too long. I really like AOA as a starter after maybe 2 years, no need to rush him, but if you look at the rate Atogwe is a turnover machine at FS it makes you giddy.

I think he's racked up more turnovers the past 3 years more then any other safety in the NFL, including Ed Reed and Polamalu, and with the way Jerry had played mind games about answering questions about FA makes me think he had something like this in mind.

I just can't really believe they would let him walk without compensation, what is hurting signing him to a 1 year tender? I don't get it, but if it's gotten this far, looks like he's as good as gone. I am just waiting it out to see how it plays out now, I think Ball is ok but Atogwe is a huge upgrade and should make us a much better team short term.
                        The Rams literally have 0 leverage over him. They don't want to pay him 110% of his salary from last year because that is close to 9 million I believe. They offered him the lowest tender hoping that a team would bite and they could get him for less. Noone bit and now they are screwed. They won't pay him that much money and he has no reason to sign for the lowest tender because in 1 hour he will have teams offering him what he wants. STL could still be a player...but they haven't inc'd out a long term deal yet...so I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the teams mentioned above finish it up in the next couple of days.

Comment

• More sources pointing towards us.

Adam Schefter tweeted
                          Rams S O.J. Atogwe scheduled to become a free agent at midnight. Could stay in St. Louis but Miami, Dallas, Minnesota might be interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                            More sources pointing towards us.

Adam Schefter tweeted
                            Jerry will FAIL if he's not a Cowboy.

Comment

• It would be great if we could land him.

If we do land him, I wonder if JJ might hold off on the long term deal for Sensy. Give AOA a year to learn and then Atogwe and AOA are the starters beginning in 2011.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I definitely don't think we will give him Rolle money. I don't really think we want to do that. I think we like him and would love to bring him in. But Jerry isn't ready to get burned. If he's willing to sign a respectable deal I don't see why we wouldn't bring him in. But we will not overpay for him. His market is pretty small right now from the sound of it. Few teams have already piped up saying they aren't interested....Miami and SF are two off the top of my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information