Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can cross off the name of Oshiomogho Atogwe in terms of the Cowboys' interest.

"I'm ready to go into our season with the safeties we have," owner and general manager Jerry Jones said.

That means Alan Ball and Mike Hamlin will be the starter opening day barring injury. Atogwe became a free agent last night after he was unable to reach a deal with St. Louis.

Jones also said he is not worried about the cornerback depth.

Per DMN

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I hope it's just a smoke screen by Jerry. Atogwe gives them better experience than Ball or Hamlin. Sensy says that Hamlin is a real diamond in the rough, but his and Ball's inexperience could be a real hole that may get exploited.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Where do you see him landing? From what I heard Detroit, Miami and Philly all were in the mix.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
          Where do you see him landing? From what I heard Detroit, Miami and Philly all were in the mix.
          Well at his asking price no-where. If he lowers it best chance is back with the Rams. After that I'd say everyone mentioned is in possibly the Cowboys since while JJ implied no he didn't exactly cross his name off the list so to speak :)

Don't have a link but from all indications he's asking for 'Rolle money' which coming off IR isn't going to happen.
          Originally posted by D-Unit
          I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• He wants top FS money. No one will pay him that. Provided Dallas can either sign on him a Hamlin like situation (1 yr at a 'good' salary) and then follow it up with a bigger deal or let him walk if his demands are too much. Anything more than a 3 year deal I will be upset with since I see AoA as being ready after 2-3 seasons.

As far as the reports we are "not interested" :roll: Since when do you turn away a legitimate player at a position without a clear starter? I doubt he gets signed for another week or two by anyone as he is making it clear he is a top tier FS that deserves to be paid. I imagine he'll be more interested in a one year deal to prove his injury is fully healed and he is still a top tier talent so that he can hit major money next year rather than signing a mid-level multi-year deal.

Although if he lowers his demands we are going to have a lot of competition (Lions, Phins, Rams, perhaps more). Although perhaps the decent chance of coming away from it with a nice shiny SB ring might tilt the scale in our favor. :-D
            Originally posted by D-Unit
            I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by roughrider30
              ya no big deal. I wouldn't expect you to know that. Thanks for the neg rep though haha.
              I'll pos rep you soon as I can rep you again. But from an outsider looked like you were just started a flame war in our team thread, I had never noticed you post here before.

Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
              As far as the reports we are "not interested" :roll: Since when do you turn away a legitimate player at a position without a clear starter? I doubt he gets signed for another week or two by anyone as he is making it clear he is a top tier FS that deserves to be paid. I imagine he'll be more interested in a one year deal to prove his injury is fully healed and he is still a top tier talent so that he can hit major money next year rather than signing a mid-level multi-year deal.

Although if he lowers his demands we are going to have a lot of competition (Lions, Phins, Rams, perhaps more). Although perhaps the decent chance of coming away from it with a nice shiny SB ring might tilt the scale in our favor. :-D

I agree, but usually Jerry doesn't hide interest. I was surprised to hear him say were going into the season with our safeties, but it looks legit. We must like Mike Hamlin, and from what I remember about him he was making plays all over the secondary on balls in the air before he got hurt. He could be a diamond in the rough.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I apologize if this has been discussed, but I've been a little absent from this board lately. Any news on Deon Anderson and that gun charge from early on in the offseason?

Comment

• Well, no Atogwe is certain now that he's back with the Rams. Looks like Ball and Hamlin are going to really get tested this season. It makes me a little nervous.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                    Well, no Atogwe is certain now that he's back with the Rams. Looks like Ball and Hamlin are going to really get tested this season. It makes me a little nervous.
                    This is why I believe we're going to fall short of the SB. I think regular season success is a given at this point, but if we meet a team like New Orleans, Minnesota, or Green Bay in the playoffs I can see us getting torched. 1st round bye is a must, if only for the extra prep time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      This is why I believe we're going to fall short of the SB. I think regular season success is a given at this point, but if we meet a team like New Orleans, Minnesota, or Green Bay in the playoffs I can see us getting torched. 1st round bye is a must, if only for the extra prep time.
                      Ward's right, still a glaring hole at either (both?) safety spots.

Hold out for Deunta Williams from UNC next April? If Dallas finishes as high as the consensus here seems to think, 1st rd. of playoffs at least, & Williams is as good as I think, ammunition for a tradeup will be required.

Comment

• The thing that worries me about Ball is how he likes to go for hits instead of the ball. He got a couple of penalties with that last year, and both that I can remember happened while the defense successfully completed third and long.
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Atogwe is a risk and luxury for a desperate team. I agree with the sentiment about him wanting to get paid and not deserving such money. Dallas should stick with its young safties.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• So Miles Austin is dating Kim Kardashian, eh? The Smoothness continues...

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              So Miles Austin is dating Kim Kardashian, eh? The Smoothness continues...
                              I dunno bro. Kim is showing her mileage these days...

I'd still hit it like no one's business, I'm just sayin...

Comment

• Saw this today and it made me realize how excited i'm going to be watching this guy blow up this season.

Last edited by thule; 07-18-2010, 12:41 PM.
                                Cowboys Mock:
                                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information