This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Yeah it's pretty funny now...but I wouldnt kill anyone for saying so. If you're basing it off of pure talent, at least. From a talent stand point...Dez is easily the most talented, imo. But seeing how he's never seen the field...I wouldnt put him ahead of Austin yet. haha.
    JeMarcus Russell is also 10X more talented than Joe Montana and Bart Starr put together. Martellus Bennet more talented than Mark Bavaro too.

Again, ridiculous to put a Rookie with zero playing time (even in preseason) who also was booted from his last season of football ahead of a 25 year-old WR who went to the Pro Bowl last year. Madden indeed. Plus I don't buy Bryant is more talented either. Like to see him do it vs Pros first.

.... and to say you would not kill someone for saying it. Well, that is about as off base a comment as I have seen on this board by him and you. Reminds me of the Roy Boy conversation from years past.
    Last edited by herniateddisc; 08-24-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
      JeMarcus Russell is also 10X more talented than Joe Montana and Bart Starr put together. Martellus Bennet more talented than Mark Bavaro too.

Again, ridiculous to put a Rookie with zero playing time (even in preseason) who also was booted from his last season of football ahead of a 25 year-old WR who went to the Pro Bowl last year. Madden indeed. Plus I don't buy Bryant is more talented either. Like to see him do it vs Pros first.

.... and to say you would not kill someone for saying it. Well, that is about as off base a comment as I have seen on this board by him and you. Reminds me of the Roy Boy conversation from years past.
      ughhhhhhhh.

I have zero idea what the hell you're talking about. And Roy Williams again? I was one of Roy's biggest haters. Both of them.

There is a difference between ranking a top flight prospect #1...compared to an unknown Miles Austin a few years back, who had major dropping problems. Bryant is coming in the league as an all-world talent...Miles turned himself into one, essentially.

You saying Austin was going to be amazing, holds as much water as you saying, Courtney Brown or Bobby Carpenter was going to be amazing, or someone of that nature. There have been many aliases over the years...so I may forget which ones were actually you...but you've seemed to like some of the pure measurable guys more.

Austin didnt look good for years...so forgive me for being wary to put him in the hall, or call him our best receiver, when he was an unknown...who was more known for dropping passes and rounding off his routes. There are plenty of receivers that have come and gone with his blend of size and speed. Randal Williams had a more impressive package...just so happens that one turned out to be a real player, and the other wasnt.

I wouldnt rank Bryant ahead of Miles right now...because I'm basing things off of not only talent, but on the field ability. Bryant gets #2 by default in my book, because he's so insanely talented. And Austin has obviously shown enough these days to be ranked numero uno. But if you wanted to figure it by pure talent or physical ability...Bryant is an absolute freak, the total package, and a top notch recruit. So no, I wouldnt kill someone if that's what they were trying to base it off of. Otherwise, Austin is the clear cut best.

But alas, Austin had many a red flag in his play years ago...to call him our best receiver before he did anything, just sounded silly at the time. Bryant, on the other hand, is about as good as it gets as a prospect, save his questionable attitude and colored past.

I hate when you're "right" about things. Because, then you never stop bringing that crap up. See you nailed that Bobby Carpenter being a stud in a 4-3 defense one as well. Sorry, I had to. ;)

You can hit me back, if Sam actually gets a chance to start or see extended time and fails elsewhere.

Everything should all be in good fun here...you make things a lot less fun, sometimes. This isnt a competition pally.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-24-2010, 10:37 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• I really do think Mcgee getting cut is a real possibility. Given all these injuries, depth at WR, and the play of some impressive rookie safeties.

Anyone else?

I'm also already looking around for potential QB cuts that we may be able to replace him with. Hell, Max Hall looks better than Mcgee at this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          ughhhhhhhh.

I have zero idea what the hell you're talking about. And Roy Williams again? I was one of Roy's biggest haters. Both of them.

There is a difference between ranking a top flight prospect #1...compared to an unknown Miles Austin a few years back, who had major dropping problems. Bryant is coming in the league as an all-world talent...Miles turned himself into one, essentially.

You saying Austin was going to be amazing, holds as much water as you saying, Courtney Brown or Bobby Carpenter was going to be amazing, or someone of that nature. There have been many aliases over the years...so I may forget which ones were actually you...but you've seemed to like some of the pure measurable guys more.

Austin didnt look good for years...so forgive me for being wary to put him in the hall, or call him our best receiver, when he was an unknown...who was more known for dropping passes and rounding off his routes. There are plenty of receivers that have come and gone with his blend of size and speed. Randal Williams had a more impressive package...just so happens that one turned out to be a real player, and the other wasnt.

I wouldnt rank Bryant ahead of Miles right now...because I'm basing things off of not only talent, but on the field ability. Bryant gets #2 by default in my book, because he's so insanely talented. And Austin has obviously shown enough these days to be ranked numero uno. But if you wanted to figure it by pure talent or physical ability...Bryant is an absolute freak, the total package, and a top notch recruit. So no, I wouldnt kill someone if that's what they were trying to base it off of. Otherwise, Austin is the clear cut best.

But alas, Austin had many a red flag in his play years ago...to call him our best receiver before he did anything, just sounded silly at the time. Bryant, on the other hand, is about as good as it gets as a prospect, save his questionable attitude and colored past.

I hate when you're "right" about things. Because, then you never stop bringing that crap up. See you nailed that Bobby Carpenter being a stud in a 4-3 defense one as well. Sorry, I had to. ;)

You can hit me back, if Sam actually gets a chance to start or see extended time and fails elsewhere.

Everything should all be in good fun here...you make things a lot less fun, sometimes. This isnt a competition pally.
          I hate when people make up positions I don't take.

Whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Vikings perhaps?

Maybe the Chargers? The Rams? I personally don't see why you have such a mancrush on Hurd.
            I don't have a mancrush on him like M.O.T.H. does(:P ) but he's really esay to like. He's versatile, unselfish, and still pretty young. He's the type of guy you want on your team, and I often wish that he could get a shot to catch some balls. The way things have crumbled though, it's unfortunate that he may not break out here in Dallas.

Another reason why he gets some love is that before Austin broke out, some of us thought that Hurd was the better player. I thought he was, but with the way Miles broke out last year I don't know if that may be the case.
            Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I never have nor probably ever will think that we "missed out" on Finley. We have a #1 TE. Finley would probably be in the same boat that Marty B is here... if we drafted him instead. Finley looks good because the opportunity for him is big there. GB hasn't had a TE worth beans in years. If Marty had the same kind of opportunity, I have no doubts that he'd have a better reputation than he has now. MB has legit skillz. He's just on a team with so many other weapons.
            You're right D. Witten is the man, and he will be for several more years. Bennett right now is probably the best you could ask for without suffering huge injuries to Witten and/or the receiving corps. He needs to work on some things to reach his full potential, but he's a good blocker that plays behind one of the three best tight ends in the game. He just needs to be ready when the passes come his way and mature. He won't have that many chances to break out into a huge year with Witten being Witten. If he can be like an extra lineman, then he is worth having on the team.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• So Hurd might still be better than Austin ....
              Bryant is better ....
              Marty B was worth what we gave up for him in spite of the fact he might be a a career backup.

Have I missed something?

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post

It's only a matter of time before Dez proves that he is better than Miles. Time doesn't stand in the way of me realizing who is better. Just remember who said it first. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  It's only a matter of time before Dez proves that he is better than Miles. Time doesn't stand in the way of me realizing who is better. Just remember who said it first. ;)
                  If Dez is better, great. We have a wonderful WR combo.

Comment

• If we move Hurd I have a feeling it'll be for a center. Not sure who'd be bidding or who'd make sense...but although Costa seems like a roster lock at this point it's almost by default.

I'd have no problem cutting McGee...chances are probably 50/50 he clears waivers...other teams have the tape to evaluate...if they bite we can find a future guy in the next draft. McGee isn't going to be a Schaub type player for us...so at this point he hasn't gotten the hype I have no problem cutting him and getting the best 53 on the team. We are likely gonna go deep at WR and at S. Maybe even NT although that doesn't make a ton of sense in my mind. Brent has shown enough to be a spell player for me. Even if he isn't the player of Savaii yet we drafted him and have more vested interest in him to make the team.

Comment

• Yeah NT is an interesting one. Siavii has played excellent this preseason. I think he's sticking around, personally...so as much as it sucks, we may go with 3.

As for Mcgee...he's still PS eligible. I'd rather look elsewhere for a QB, though.

Also...I'm not a big fan of this Holley making the team talk. The only way you keep Holley over Hurd, would be money...because, he's not anywhere close to the player. Hell, if Hurd is traded...I'd probably only go with 5 WRs then. And if you must go 6...I actually like Manny Johnson more than Holley.

I also wonder if Sam plays well again these next few games and Oggs does nothing, if Kevin would be in any kind of roster danger. Calvin Watkins said as much the other day as well. Not that, that is worth anything. lol. We assume Ogletree is safe...but there could be some surprises. But I still really doubt it, despite his struggles.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-25-2010, 12:08 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I like that the NT position is hard to choose. Siavii played well in his backup role last year, and he's played well in preseason to give the coaches enough confidence to get some time spelling Ratliff. Brent's played well too, and that's with a hand that's not 100%. It's a good problem to have there.

Another good problem is at safety. BTB is saying that the coaches like Hamlin, Church, and McCray. That's not counting AOA who looked nice last week too.

The more I look at the defense, the more excited I get. Remember last year when we thought depth was going to be an issue? That's certainly not the case at any level on D. Maybe at corner, but even then depth seems good with Gordon having experience. Plus you have Ball and AOA who could play that position if need be.

The Dallas D should be sick this year. My only concern is Ball getting picked on, but the pass rush looks like it is going to really help the secondary a lot.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• yo d-unit and all this is t-newfan, i dont know why my profile keeps switching back and forth. but whatev, if you could do something about that d-unit that would be cool. or give me a bad ass username haha.

but anyway i thought i got some respectability after i pwned thumper with that post haha. but im in college now so i've have some free time so i figured id post here for a bit.

as far as the team, i do believe in the blessing in disguise theory because we get to see all these young guys play, while none of the injuries are long term besides phillips, and we have the early bye week.

Comment

• This is what I want to read about when it comes to MB .... angry .... producing .....

Bennett has pretty much taken over camp the past three days. He told me Tuesday that he watched film of Brandon Marshall before practice every day because he loves his intensity. Bennett believes that he's been too nice of a guy to everyone in general and wants to play with more attitude. I don't know about the attitude, but he's catching everything. Perhaps he'll gain Garrett's trust heading into the season. As I mentioned earlier, I think he could be a huge weapon in the red zone.

Comment

• So guys, who's your breakout cowboys player of the year?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                                So guys, who's your breakout cowboys player of the year?
                                Anthony Spencer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information