Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO snubbed for apparent reasons. Newman snubbed because he's not flashy, he just goes out there and shuts people down and doesn't say anything, so people don't know him. **** Deangelo Hall

Comment

• More interesting Parcells Draft History
      This is a breakdown of Parcells drafts from the first day to the second day in percentage.

I broke this down in two catagories. His complete draft history...and his draft history since 1993 when the draft rounds were cut down.

Complete Draft History...In Percentage (in ratio of day1:day2)
      QB- 3:3
      RB- 6:10
      WR- 11:10
      TE- 5:10
      OT- 5:8
      OG- 11:8
      C- 6:3
      DE- 11:7
      DT- 6:9
      LB- ..:9
      OLB- 8:1
      ILB- 8:2
      DB- 3:8
      CB- 9:5
      S- 8:4
      K- 0:2
      P- 0:1

Post 1993 Draft History...In Percentage (in ratio of day1:day2)
      QB- 3:3
      RB- 6:9
      WR- 10:9
      TE- 6:10
      OT- 3:7
      OG- 11:9
      C- 6:10
      DE- 11:6
      DT- 6:7
      LB- ..:6
      OLB- 11:1
      ILB- 9:3
      DB- ..:3
      CB- 9:7
      S- ..:3
      SS- 3:1
      FS- 6:3
      K- 0:1
      P- 0:1

Comment

• A Chart
        Day 1 = Blue
        Day 2 = Purple

Comment

• Well that chart obviously shows Parcells covet LBs which was obvious. However what shocked me is the amount of guards taken on day 1 over the amount of offensive tackles. That was interesting.

Comment

• Using the chart I think we can get a slight glimps at might come.

I think its safe to say this chart doens't have much means at QB/DE/OLB/ILB/SS as those positions seem to be locks next year.

If for some reason JJ is not with us this year...I don't think we address it early...probabally won't address it with a scat back...but a player similar that is fairly explosive. Probabally someone with good hands if MB3 is the starter. If I had to pick a guy I would think parcells goes with someone like Norwood was last year. Small explosive and stronger than you think. A guy from this years class that I could see is Lorenzo Booker...guy who split the load...good hands and explosive. He also has some upside...I could definately see this.

Once again I find the OT position farther warrant that OT is addressed later in the parcells era.

I was mildly surprised at the number of OG taken in the first day by parcells...so I won't be surprised to see us address that early even if we do get someone in FA.

It may appear on the chart that CB would be a first day task. But the DB catagory kinda scews that. Realistically its a toss up. I think FS is definately more of a first day then a second day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
              Well that chart obviously shows Parcells covet LBs which was obvious. However what shocked me is the amount of guards taken on day 1 over the amount of offensive tackles. That was interesting.
              I agree with both statements. One thing to put into prospective is the amount of LBs taken on the second day. Since they were second day they were more of a project...thus being able to play inside or outside. I wasn't familiar with a lot of the names...and they were only drafted as LBs...so realistically its not as big as of a discrepency as it appears....but 1st day still outweighs 2nd day.

Comment

• Once again I find the OT position farther warrant that OT is addressed later in the parcells era.
                The difference is he actually drafted OTs in the first round when he was winning Super Bowls.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                  Originally posted by Jughead10
                  Well that chart obviously shows Parcells covet LBs which was obvious. However what shocked me is the amount of guards taken on day 1 over the amount of offensive tackles. That was interesting.
                  I agree with both statements. One thing to put into prospective is the amount of LBs taken on the second day. Since they were second day they were more of a project...thus being able to play inside or outside. I wasn't familiar with a lot of the names...and they were only drafted as LBs...so realistically its not as big as of a discrepency as it appears....but 1st day still outweighs 2nd day.
                  LT, Banks, Pepper Johnson were all day one picks.

Comment

• [quote="Jughead10"]
                    Originally posted by thule
                    LT, Banks, Pepper Johnson were all day one picks.[/quote

I know this...which is why there is no day one LBs in the chart...only second day guys weren't drafted at a certain LB position.

Comment

Once again I find the OT position farther warrant that OT is addressed later in the parcells era.
                      The difference is he actually drafted OTs in the first round when he was winning Super Bowls.
                      Well that chart is post 1993. Since the charts would be slightly skewed with 12 round to choose players from.

Since 1993 he has drafted only one OT's on the first day.

Jacob Rogers in the second round #52 overall.

Comment

Parcells has never drafted a OT in the first round.

In 1983 his first year as the Giants HC he drafted Karl Nelson in the third round #70 overall.

In 1988 he drafted John Elliot in the 3rd round #36 overall.

His last first day OT was Jacob Rogers in the 2nd round #52 overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                          Parcells has never drafted a OT in the first round.

In 1983 his first year as the Giants HC he drafted Karl Nelson in the third round #70 overall.

In 1988 he drafted John Elliot in the 3rd round #36 overall.

His last first day OT was Jacob Rogers in the 2nd round #52 overall.
                          Thats correct. I meant first day not round. I actually know Karl Nelson too. He's a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by thule
                            LT, Banks, Pepper Johnson were all day one picks.
                            Here is a list of the draft picks where no ILB/OLB position was specified...please fill me in if you have any input...even tho IDK if I"ll change it since they weren't drafted to play a certain position.
                            • Darrell Patterson
                              Andy Headen
                              Robbie Jones
                              Lawrence Green
                              Gregg Dubroc
                              Jerry Kimmel
                              Chuck Faucette
                              Jerome Rinehart
                              Eric Smith
                              Tim Scharf
                              Marc Megna
                              J.J. Syvrud

Comment

• Off the top of my head Andy Headen played primarily outside linebacker. I think he might have been a true DE in college.

Comment

• Out of the last 21 OL drafted by parcells. (every one 1993-2006).

Only two have been from the west coast.
                                David Loverne, San Jose State
                                Jacob Rogers, USC

IDK if you would consider Weber state west coast...I believe its utah. No matter how you look at it thats quite the ratio.

The others are from central to east.
                                • Penn State
                                  Texas Southern
                                  Navy
                                  Syracuse
                                  Colorado
                                  Texas
                                  Oklahoma
                                  East Carolina
                                  Cincinnati
                                  Cirginia
                                  Brigham Young