Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's going to be fun watching Kubiak throw his headset come the ground come week 3. That's all I have to say.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
      i only saw one hurd catch, about a 12 yard out where he got good seperation. ogletrees TD was just man to man, and he beat him on a fade to the endzone.

      I like this game. For one, its a wake up call, second it gives us serious motivation for week 3, third the texans are gonna come into the game thinking itll be a joke, and fourth, we have 6 starters out if you include Dez.

      Oh and i was reading an article that made a great point.. Anyone miss Marcus spears run D right now?... He is important to this defense.


      Lol Spears is trash, the entire defense was ran on 2nite, alot of those big runs weren't even to that side. Spears was on the field both plays vs the Ravens to close out the old Texas Stadium when they ran two 80 yard plays back to back. There are just times when teams double Ratliff, and we bring too much pressure to the wrong gaps and we get exploited. It happens.


      I'm glad we got our ass kicked because we'll be on alert for week 3 no doubt. Plus did Jenkins even play? I barely saw him or Newman out there, Andre Johnson was out there beating up on Scandrick most of what I saw.


      Also Ogletree's route was a fade it looked like with an outside release, beat his man deep, Hurd ran a nice out route I believe, but I was at the bar so hard to remember it all.





      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

      Comment


      • Marion Barber III, trade bait?

        Too soon? No team will trade now with cuts coming up & plenty of RBs available, but wait until Wks 1-2 when the 1st injuries start happening. I can see Dallas dumping Barber in a heartbeat if he doesn't turn it up.

        Comment


        • LL, I am not the biggest spears fan, but he is miles better than Hatcher and Bowen in the Run D. And it shows.

          As for barber, I said I'd take a fifth rounder for him. Jesus. He is awful. He can even run 10 yards without tripping over his own feet. Terrible.

          Comment


          • For the record, I'm going against the grain here. I'm not giving up on MB3. He will still be an asset for us.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
              LL, I am not the biggest spears fan, but he is miles better than Hatcher and Bowen in the Run D. And it shows.

              As for barber, I said I'd take a fifth rounder for him. Jesus. He is awful. He can even run 10 yards without tripping over his own feet. Terrible.
              So then how do you explain games where we have gotten run all over when he was starting? You don't have an explanation for where he was at when McGahee and McClain rumbled all over the field on us?


              Both runs were directly at Spears, nothing cute about it.






              Here is the 1st one where he is nowhere to be found.









              Seriously, watch #96, it's embarassing. Once again they ran directly at him, and he got pushed out of the play so damn fast you would think he was a PS player.


              I could think of lots of other examples but these were the only ones I know of on film easy to spot. I've never acted like Spears wasn't good against the run, but your getting carried away by saying he's "miles better vs the run" then Hatcher or Spears. It's just not true.


              Both of those guys are better players, overall, vs the pass and run at this point. Spears in the line-up wasn't going to change anything about the way Foster ran the ball last night.


              But if you have an explanation as to why he was nowhere to be found on those plays I'd be willing to listen, because frankly there is no excuse. You also can't watch those plays and tell me he is miles better vs the run then anyone on our team frankly.


              The plays are very clear, and while their not entirely on him if he held the POA they don't happen, especially the McGahee run.





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • That was two plays... in the 4th quarter of a game. Peyton Manning threw a pick 6 to lose the super bowl.. does he suck? (Im not a manning supporter so this is a contradiction to myself, but everyone else sucks his ugly dick lol)

                Hatcher is my darkhouse to break out, don't get me wrong there either. I just think Spears is undervalued in the running game. And it will show.

                But Dez is going to make the difference. Just watch. Ahhh i cant wait!

                Comment


                • Dude... the second run (first video) isn't at spears lol

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    For the record, I'm going against the grain here. I'm not giving up on MB3. He will still be an asset for us.
                    I feel the same way. He had a good season last year, but people are so excited about Felix and Choice that he got overshadowed. He nearly got 1000 yards while missing a couple of games and sharing carries with two other backs. That's really solid when you consider the circumstances. He gets paid too much for the role he has, but there isn't much that can be done about that now. Maybe he'll eventually get cut or traded, but right now he's still a key player on the team.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

                    Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                    Comment


                    • Mcnabb isnt getting any better...we may see Grossman week 1. HA.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                        That was two plays... in the 4th quarter of a game. Peyton Manning threw a pick 6 to lose the super bowl.. does he suck? (Im not a manning supporter so this is a contradiction to myself, but everyone else sucks his ugly dick lol)

                        Hatcher is my darkhouse to break out, don't get me wrong there either. I just think Spears is undervalued in the running game. And it will show.

                        But Dez is going to make the difference. Just watch. Ahhh i cant wait!


                        My point is that your acting like Spears would have made such a huge difference last night, and what I'm telling you is we have gotten ran on constantly with him in the line-up. I bet it would have been easy for those runs if Spears was out to say "well if we had Spears that wouldn't have happened".


                        If your good vs the run you just are, like I said those are the only circumstances I can find on film, please let's not ever again compare Peyton Manning to a conversation about an average at best 3-4 DE in Marcus Spears.


                        Teams have, and will continue to run right at him and he gets pushed all over the field at times. Some of our worst games against the run have been with him in the line-up(as he rarely misses a game), so let's not go overboard by last night.


                        I'm the first to say Spears is good against the run no denying, but to say that Hatcher and Bowen are miles behind him in that dept is false, and they both are clearly better players then him at this point.





                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                        Comment


                        • We released Pat Watkins today.

                          Always liked Pat, but he never came close to the player we all hoped he would become.

                          Sicko and Hudgins also got the ax. Not surprisingly. I thought Sicko would make the team by default, a few weeks ago. But as he missed more and more time, his chances disappeared. Shame...he's not a bad player. Concussions are a *****.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Marcus Spears is crap. Has been and always will be. The faster he's gone the better.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Marcus Spears is crap. Has been and always will be. The faster he's gone the better.
                              Biggest problem for Spears is that 3-4 DEs taken in the first round need to be ELITE. He's been solid, performed well in his role, but he isn't dominant and he isn't elite. Had he of been taken in the 2nd or 3rd round it would be really hard to draw him up as crap.

                              But in terms of playing 2 down 3-4 DE I take him easily over his backups. The 'Boys miss his anchoring the when Hatcher or Bowen takes the field.

                              Originally posted by M.O.T.H View Post
                              We released Pat Watkins today.

                              Always liked Pat, but he never came close to the player we all hoped he would become.

                              Sicko and Hudgins also got the ax. Not surprisingly. I thought Sicko would make the team by default, a few weeks ago. But as he missed more and more time, his chances disappeared. Shame...he's not a bad player. Concussions are a *****.
                              Hopefully Sicko and Hudgins slip through the cracks and land on our Practice Squad. Sicko really had a giant opportunity negated by his concussion.
                              Originally posted by D-Unit
                              I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.


                              Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
                                Biggest problem for Spears is that 3-4 DEs taken in the first round need to be ELITE. He's been solid, performed well in his role, but he isn't dominant and he isn't elite. Had he of been taken in the 2nd or 3rd round it would be really hard to draw him up as crap.

                                But in terms of playing 2 down 3-4 DE I take him easily over his backups. The 'Boys miss his anchoring the when Hatcher or Bowen takes the field.
                                Nah. I don't care if he went undrafted. Dude doesn't make any impact upon a game. In fact, I wish he was an UDFA because at least THEN, the team would feel less inclined to keep him. If the team made a judgement purely on talent and merit, Spears would've been cut ages ago.

                                Hatcher and Bowen make more plays in their limited time than Spears does in his boatload of time on the field.

                                Also, Igor ain't that great either. He's pretty much a bust of a FA pick up so far.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information