Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No real starters are playing. ****. End of story. Players like Hatcher will play, but thats it. Damn.

    Comment


    • Anything would be preferable to the clusterfuck they posted in Houston.

      Looks like they're approaching the game with the object of determining depth at certain spots, not much of a team effort. The last preseaon game = most nonentertaining game for the fans.

      And Goodell wants to turn these last 2 preseason games into the 1st 2 regular season games for the 18-game season? Owners love it, players hate it & that's the root of the controversy that will hang over the 2010 season like a stinkbomb. Any way you slice it I believe preseason games 3 & 4 will go away after this yr.

      Comment


      • This game is gonna be used to determing a few thing like is McGee worth keeping, who is the nickel linebacker?, which safeties do we keep if not all, etc. I'm going to be watching Jason Williams closely.

        Comment


        • I have one prediction this year.

          Jason Garrett will fail us.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I have one prediction this year.

            Jason Garrett will fail us.
            Unfortunetly, I second that.

            Also, according to Jerry, Dez is not playing thursday. As long as he is practicing I am fine with it. High ankle sprains linger and I think this is the smart move. Dez is a beast, not roy williams, he doesn't need 5 snaps with Stephen McGee.

            Comment


            • And you get a third, sir. Jason Garrett scares me.

              WTF with the Houston game? I think Houston is on the way up and a pretty salty team. But we looked horrible. Romo looked terrible!!!!!!

              But Roy Williams did dominate a rookie corner. There is the lone brightspot. Roy beat up a kid.
              I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

              http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

              Comment


              • Ok guys, what are some of your things to watch for tonight? I got the Preseason package so its nice to see all the games and watch the backups. My things are:

                1. McGee, is he worth sticking around?
                2. Jason Williams, does he have a future or is he just a small school guy with triangle numbers?
                3. Josh Brent and Siavvi, my bet is we keep both, but Brent has to make this team. Upside is to great, and he's playing well too.
                4. Hurd/Ogletree... who wants to be on the team more?
                5. AOA- Returns and defense.
                6. Young O-line, and Barron. Is costa worthy of being on this team? Let's see how Brewster does in pretty much a whole game again.
                7. Heart- This one is kinda cheesy but, I wanna see if some of the "regulars" like a Choice, Marty B, etc. want to be out there or just mail it in. That could go a long way in telling our season.

                Should be enjoyable with nothing to do on a thursday night.

                Comment


                • This team feels like the one that came off the 13-3 season with WAY TOO MUCH TALK of Super Bowl and being the "Best in the NFC."

                  We missed the playoffs if folks need a reminder..

                  I dunno but we went to MN and got waxxxxxxxxxxed so for anyone to think we are that much better than MN, the Super Bowl Champs, Green Bay or up and comers like SF ......

                  Frankly, I am confident we play well but not so much about Super Bowl. And my concerns go this way

                  1) Garrett is a fool who still relies too much on throwing the ball. Sparano was the man and whoever thinks Garrett deserves HC status has not been following the regression of this offense since Sparano left.
                  2) OL does seem creeky and old with the backups just not pushing out the starters.
                  3) Do our DB play better than last year? Other than Jenkins ........ do we think anyone plays better?
                  4) How many Romo wounded ducks does he throw into the right flat that get returned for TDs this year? And do they cost us games?
                  5) Can Felix stay healthy?
                  Last edited by herniateddisc; 09-02-2010, 10:39 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Yo why don't you become a redskinds fan or something man. Lol all you do is hate, then when something goes good you say something along the lines of "it won't work for long" or some ********.

                    And your constant hate on Jerry, sure he isn't perfect, but he is a hell of an owner. He has 3 rings, albeit multiple years ago, but it doesn't matter. He may get to involved, but he is a quality owner.

                    And once Dez blows up, which he will, because Dez tells god if it's gonna be sunny or rain outside today, what are you going to say? THAT WAS JERRY's move in the war room. Not Garrett, and certainly not Wade's happy go lucky donut eating defensive ass who made that call.

                    So when Dez goes off, what are you going to say? "Oh once is a life Jerruh"

                    Your like that girl in high school who cries about everything.

                    And to mods and admins, this is NOT an attack. Just making a case here. thank you.

                    EDIT: It's like we'll win a game 45-10 and Romo throws 4 TD's and no picks, and you'll talk about the one bad throw he had. Chill out man.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                      Ok guys, what are some of your things to watch for tonight? I got the Preseason package so its nice to see all the games and watch the backups. My things are:

                      1. McGee, is he worth sticking around?
                      2. Jason Williams, does he have a future or is he just a small school guy with triangle numbers?
                      3. Josh Brent and Siavvi, my bet is we keep both, but Brent has to make this team. Upside is to great, and he's playing well too.
                      4. Hurd/Ogletree... who wants to be on the team more?
                      5. AOA- Returns and defense.
                      6. Young O-line, and Barron. Is costa worthy of being on this team? Let's see how Brewster does in pretty much a whole game again.
                      7. Heart- This one is kinda cheesy but, I wanna see if some of the "regulars" like a Choice, Marty B, etc. want to be out there or just mail it in. That could go a long way in telling our season.

                      Should be enjoyable with nothing to do on a thursday night.
                      Looks like you have just about everything covered.

                      You could add Church/McCray...McCray seems to be in, if you buy into what the coaches have been saying. Church might not be there yet. But who knows? Maybe a big performance either way, could sway something. They both may make it.

                      and Mccann/Wall perhaps. Gordon is locked in at 4. Mccann seems next in line, and then there is Wall, who has played well. But we may go no deeper than 4.

                      Dont expect to have that Jason Williams question answered tonight, though. lol.

                      I do wonder what happens if Hurd has a big game tonight. Statistically he's been our best receiver in the preseason. He's performing out there. Hasnt dropped any passes and I believe has caught all of his intended targets. A good game, should increase his value...either to us, or someone out there. There is an apparent market for Hurd. That doesnt mean teams wouldnt wait on a cut. I just dont know if we'd cut him, though...so maybe we have some leverage. I still want to keep him...but I do get excited thinking about him having a larger role on another team. I'll be happy either way. I love when players like him, finally get theirs. He deserves a real shot somewhere.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Looks like you have just about everything covered.

                        You could add Church/McCray...McCray seems to be in, if you buy into what the coaches have been saying. Church might not be there yet. But who knows? Maybe a big performance either way, could sway something. They both may make it.

                        and Mccann/Wall perhaps. Gordon is locked in at 4. Mccann seems next in line, and then there is Wall, who has played well. But we may go no deeper than 4.

                        Dont expect to have that Jason Williams question answered tonight, though. lol.

                        I do wonder what happens if Hurd has a big game tonight. Statistically he's been our best receiver in the preseason. He's performing out there. Hasnt dropped any passes and I believe has caught all of his intended targets. A good game, should increase his value...either to us, or someone out there. There is an apparent market for Hurd. That doesnt mean teams wouldnt wait on a cut. I just dont know if we'd cut him, though...so maybe we have some leverage. I still want to keep him...but I do get excited thinking about him having a larger role on another team. I'll be happy either way. I love when players like him, finally get theirs. He deserves a real shot somewhere.
                        Yes you added some things to watch.

                        As for the Hurd thing. I feel like it's a weigh your options deal. Do you keep him, use a roster spot on him, and have him basically ride the pine besides ST, do you just cut your losses, or do you try to get a back-up and a different position in return, or say a draft pick, 5th rounder maybe?

                        Now to me, he's worth more than a 5th rounder, and I think he deserves to be on the team. There is no cap, and he's making 1.76 million, I don't think money is THAT big of an issue, especially with Jerry. Now the only way Hurd isn't on this team if I'm calling the shots is if we get a legit player in return. Now who would that be, and from where? A nickel linebacker? O-lineman? A better 4th corner than Cletis Gordon?

                        Thoughts?
                        Last edited by xxxxxxxx; 09-02-2010, 02:01 PM.

                        Comment


                        • What time does the game come on, Central time? I want to make sure I don't miss it.





                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                          Comment


                          • hows Akwasi doing?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              What time does the game come on, Central time? I want to make sure I don't miss it.
                              7.............




                              The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                                hows Akwasi doing?
                                We took it slow with him coming off of shoulder surgery, and now that he's healthy he's looked really explosive on the Kickoff team and I think he'll be our primary returner on Kickoffs. He's still got a ways to go as far as Safety is concerned, I think we'll get a better look at that 2nite since he should get quite a few snaps.


                                I don't know if a good FS falls to us next year in the 1st we pass on him because of AOA, hard to say right now. I think he's got the potential to be a starter, he's very talented especially with the ball in his hands but he's got a steep learning curve and being out for so long he's still behind right now. Being the KR man will give him a chance to make some plays for us as a rookie and that's the most we can hope for, I think he upgrades us there at least.





                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information