Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herniateddisc... you kinda just got dominated... lol.

But anyway... INTERIOR O-LINE ONE OF THE FIRST 2 ROUNDS!!!

FTW.

And yes, Garrett is what will hold us back for THIS season.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Someone should really look at how bad Parcells has drafted since going to Miami, since some people act like he is such a better football guy then Jerry. Yes Miami has been turned around but they have had some HUGE bust early into the draft that people would have been killing Jerry over.

Pat White in the 2nd round, Patrick Turner in the 3rd round was waived, Donad Thomas released, Jalen Parmele was a bum, those are just off the top of my head but I bet if someone looked at their draft classes since he's been there it would be pretty bad. Henne and Jake Long pretty much gives you a good base because the positions are so important but other then that nothing to get excited about.

People just love to focus on Jerry's mistakes sometimes(typical for certain Cowboy fans) but ignore how bad other people draft who are supposed to be "football" guys. We would have a million threads talking about "FIRE JERRUH NOW" if some of our classes looked like those.
      Jerry has actually developed into a pretty damn good GM. His past couple of drafts have been pretty good.

That said, BP has done great with Miami too. Every GM is gonna miss some times.

Comment

• I guess we'll find out how much the Cowboys like Sam Hurd now. Since he turned down a pay cut. I dont blame the guy at all, either.

Thule's boy, Myron Rolle, was released.

No. That's all I have to say about picking him up. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• You know, the boys have been getting grilled for shipping out Crayton. I like Crayton and would have preferred to keep him.

However, I find many of the people criticizing the team for this are the same people that have killed Jerry over the years for not having a more NE approach and getting rid of guys that either stop progress or are reaching the end of their career. JJ has done just this and gets criticized for it.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Keeping Crayton is so unnecessary. He'd just be pissed off riding the bench all year. $2 million isnt a lot for most players, imo. So I wouldnt even have cared paying that much for a #4. But the guy has a big head and isnt even as talented as Hurd, so why did we need to keep him? It's not like he's a great punt returner, either. He had a flukey season last year, but we have much better options now.

We have plenty of depth at the position, assuming we keep Hurd. Hell, Hurd/Oggs may end up being an upgrade over Crayton or even Williams down the line.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• ugh. Dallas sure is taking their time to announce the 53.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• We cut Bryan Mccann according to his agent. Offered PS if he gets through waivers. Looks like we're going with 6 safeties.

edit...

Cuts are in

OT Will Barker
                OG Travis Bright
                DE Marcus Dixon
                RB Herb Donaldson
                TE DajLeon Farr
                CB Cletis Gordon
                WR Jesse Holley
                WR Manny Johnson
                OLB Curtis Johnson
                CB Bryan McCann
                RB Lonyae Miller
                LB Steve Octavien
                TE Jason Pociask
                TE Martin Rucker
                DT Jimmy Saddler-McQueen
                LB Brandon Sharpe
                NT Junior Siavii

uhhhh....we only kept three corners. Roster move bound to happen. Brent kept over Siavii, Leon Williams made it for now, Costa, Church, Mccray, Gronkowski kept.

edit 2...

Rams cut Carp. lol.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-04-2010, 06:09 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Looks like they have a lot of faith in Brent. I figured they'd keep him and Siavii just in case Rat went down. I like Brent though, so I'm happy he'll get some snaps.

I wonder what Cletis Gordon is doing on the cut list. He knows the system, is a vet, and is a pretty nice for a 4th guy. That's weird.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Lissemore made it too. I totally spaced on him. I didnt think he had a shot and he wasnt great or anything, but they must truly like him. nice.

This isnt final, though. We cant go in the season with 3 corners...despite the fact that AOA and Ball can play corner.

One more cut to make, at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Lissemore shocked me too. I had high hopes for him when he got drafted. I figured he could be a nice rotational guy, so it's good to see him on the team. I didn't see much of him actually playing, but I guess they really have a lot of faith in him.

3 corners is too little. Even if Ball and AOA can play corner, I'd still rather them have another guy. Gordon was perfect for that spot, but I guess the coaches love McCray, Leon, and Lissemore too much to cut.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        Pouncey can play anywhere on the interior, same for the one on the Steelers and the one coming out this upcoming draft. Pitt just needed him more there. We absolutely need a guy who can play G/C and be a stud anywhere we needed him. We got lucky with Davis in FA because he was a former tackle who we found a better fit at Guard. Columbo was coming off a big injury and some thought was done, we always can't rely on those types of chances, I want some premium picks there.

I guess I'm different then a few others here in that I would not be upset at all with a G in the 1st, just like I would have liked Iupati if he was there and he's gonna be a pro bowler. You wait on a guy and end up with a bust like Duke Robinson who alot of people wanted on the Cowboys.
                        Cody Wallace is available, released by the 9ers Friday. From Texas, played at TAMU, pure center who only weighs 285 though.

Someone should really look at how bad Parcells has drafted since going to Miami, since some people act like he is such a better football guy then Jerry.
                        Note the Fins dumped their 2nd rd. picks from the last 2 yrs. off the Parcells Era yesterday. Parcells always preferred FAs anyway, hated playing rookies b/c he didn't trust them.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          1) Columbo was a nice pet project... but come on now... He's only given us 3 and half good years and we're already talking about the need to replace him. Good short term pick up, nothing more.

2) Rivera is still another BP OL folly. I don't care if he got hurt. I wanted Wahle.

3) Parcells flopped early and late in the draft on our OL...not just late. Jacob Rogers...2nd rounder. Stephen Peterman.. 3rd. Al Johnson... 2nd (the year after we drafted Gurode, mind you). In fact, Parcells wanted to move Gurode to Guard, then late got credit for moving him back to Center... where Jerry originally planned for him in the first place.

4) I think if you look at the OL that we have brought in (Brewster/Young) and the ones that we have shown interest in (Unger/Iupati), then you can quickly realize what kind of OL that Houck wants to build here. There has been no confusion. The 2 guys you mention (Free/Kosier)... they aren't guys brought in during Houck's reign. Yes, the OL is a work in progress... but Free is here to stay... even if he doesn't work out on the left side. We know he can start on the right.

5) Many of the "late" rounders??? As if to filter them out? Hmmm... How about every single Parcells OL draft pick failed. Early and late. Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman, Rob Petitte, Pat McQuistan, EJ Whitley. I don't think I can blame the system for any of their failures.

6) The moment Gurode no longer serves us well at Center is the day we need to cut him. He's not worth the money to keep him on at Guard. I think Guards are easily found in the draft and FA.

7) OL can generally play longer than most other positions. Kosier, Gurode, Davis and Colombo aren't retiring before their contracts run out. Nobody ever knows how good your young OL are until they actually face live bullets.

8) Parcells did the most amazing job turning this team around, and I love him more than any coach we've had (since I've been cheering for the Cowboys) for it. But I'm not going to generalize everything in saying it was awesome, and not point out any of his mistakes either.
                          Wahle? I guess. Not sure I knew much about him or Rivera but we needed a Guard and we got Marco. He got injured so to say it was a bad move .... I guess in hindsight but that is like say the National made a horrible choice taking Strasburg.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                            Herniateddisc... you kinda just got dominated... lol.

But anyway... INTERIOR O-LINE ONE OF THE FIRST 2 ROUNDS!!!

FTW.

And yes, Garrett is what will hold us back for THIS season.
                            Not sure what exactly your are talking about but enjoy yourself.

But yeah, last few LT was a earl second (Flo).
                            C was a early second (Gurode).
                            G was the 2nd pick in the draft (Davis).
                            Colombo was the 29th.

We did/do have alot of talent on the line in spite of their age and diminshing skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                              You know, the boys have been getting grilled for shipping out Crayton. I like Crayton and would have preferred to keep him.

However, I find many of the people criticizing the team for this are the same people that have killed Jerry over the years for not having a more NE approach and getting rid of guys that either stop progress or are reaching the end of their career. JJ has done just this and gets criticized for it.
                              Who is criticizing Jerry for trading a 4/5 receiver?

I think everyone is pretty happy we got something for him and McQuistan.

Comment

• It's the final round of survivor between leon williams and lissemore.. One will be cut for a cornerback.

I like the roster chose by our team. We kept the best PLAYERS for the most. Also, cletis gordon doesn't cut it as a 4th corner. Ik you can't be picky about a 4th corner, but there will be a significant upgrade from cuts we could sign.

EDIT: and carpenter got cut.... WOW you suck at life bobby. Go be in the hills have eyes 3 you ugly looking redneck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information