This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
    Now with his contract in hand, all the douches who hated on Austin will be talking about him in the same breadth as Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson.

I knew this kid could be good the minute I saw him catch a ball in the middle of a Cover-2 and turn up field with burst and power. Not like most WR who are so ready to be punked they almost throw themselves on the floor as soon as they catch the ball.

He plays right and he has physical ability. Good for him. Hope he bangs Angelina Jolie next.
    Yeah bro!

Anyway, I'm chomping at the bit for this game. I might jiz my pants when i see Dez on that field. 2 days!

Comment

I knew this kid could be good the minute I saw him catch a ball in the middle of a Cover-2 and turn up field with burst and power. Not like most WR who are so ready to be punked they almost throw themselves on the floor as soon as they catch the ball.
      Well, I hope you don't mean to imply that you were ever his only fan. Many were excited the moment we picked him up as an UDFA. I was happy because I thought he was going to be drafted. He was a relatively speaking... expensive UDFA and I'm glad he chose us over the Giants. I remember some Giants fans being jealous that we landed their homestate Monmouth guy. His measurables were outstanding. The only thing that ever held him back was his route running, timing with Romo and opportunity. That said... I never hugged his jock as hard as you did, so you definitely can hang your head on that.

Don't let your Austin love blind you from having Dez love though. Dez is the superior talent.

Comment

Too much money for Miles IMHO. And I luv Miles.
        With $18 million guaranteed, this is a good contract.

Keep in mind, that if JJ had waited unitl mid season and Miles was tearing it up, he would have cost JJ 22 or 25 guaranteed. Don't forget that waiting on Romo cost JJ some money. Had he done Romo prior to the season starting, he probably could have got him for quite a bit less. Romo blows up so he has to fork over $60+ million. Of course, Romo is a bargain now, but my point is that by waiting, JJ was running the risk of the price of poker going up considerably.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Take it for what it's worth, because he's wrong a lot. But Todd Archer said he expects Felix to be the primary kick returner for Sunday at least. And eventually give way to Dez.

I hope he's wrong...we know what Felix can do when fully committed and when he actually gets some blocking. But I dont want him doing it anymore. Hell, i dont even want Dez doing it. Put in AOA!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• I read Felix on kick returns and Dez on punt returns.

I feel like I've said this too many times but when you have a dynamic talent you get them the ball however you can. People say well the hits are worse as a returner...and while that may certainly be true from time to time it can happen on a carry or a catch also. I have no problem with our star players being returners...because this offense doesn't run through one person. Get the ball in your playmakers hands and if they get injured so be it...it coulda happened on an offensive position also.

Comment

• The hits arent necessarily worse, but there is an injury risk. It's an unnecessary risk for Felix, especially when we have someone waiting in the wings in AOA, with considerable return potential. I just want to see Felix put all his focus into RB and actually have him see a much more substantial role in the offense.

I have no problem with Dez returning punts...but I'd rather him not kick return.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I guess it comes down to Felix vs. AOA. How big you feel the gap is between them. I'd love to see us actually block for Felix this year...if he is dynamic idc you let him do it. If he is averaging the pitiful 24 per return or w/e it was last year...then ya make the switch.

Comment

• Couldnt tell you at this point. AOA looks fantastic with the ball in his hands, though. I'm loving the burst he has.

Hopefully our blocking has improved...it didnt matter who was returning them last year. Blocking was piss poor.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I wonder what Garrett's gameplan will be this Sunday night with Kosier and Columbo out. Does he run some screens to throw off the Redskins' new 3-4 defense? I'm thinking that Barber, Witten, and Dez are probably big factors in this game. Barber will be good at attacking the Redskins' interior while Witten and Dez get some opportunities to exploit the backers of the Redskins. I bet Andre Carter gets picked on pretty badly.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• This probably isn't the place for this but just some food for thought.

I find it extremely hard to believe that this team will win 10 games. We have a ridiculous schedule. Ya we get the NFC North like the rest of the NFC east...but we get Chicago and Detroit at home...and have to go to lambo and the metrodome...

Then we play the AFC South....we get Tenn and Jax at home...then have to go to Houston and Indy in their house....man we got screwed.

Then on top of that we draw New Orleans as one of the 2 random games we can get...christ someone doesn't like us.

If we aren't 3-0 going into our bye week look out...this could be a team that tops out at 9 wins.

4-0 going into the minnesota would give us a bit of room to have a couple of bad games...but a loss in the first 4 games is going to have me worried.

We need to be able to run the ball on first and second downs effectively. If Garrett proves we can do that I'm confident we'll be a super bowl contender...if not I'm scared. Bob Strum has had some amazing write-ups over the past week....interesting to note from them is that we aren't an effective shot-gun team that most people think we are. Let's hope Garrett realizes a bit of this also.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                        I wonder what Garrett's gameplan will be this Sunday night with Kosier and Columbo out. Does he run some screens to throw off the Redskins' new 3-4 defense? I'm thinking that Barber, Witten, and Dez are probably big factors in this game. Barber will be good at attacking the Redskins' interior while Witten and Dez get some opportunities to exploit the backers of the Redskins. I bet Andre Carter gets picked on pretty badly.
                        I think Dez has a big game. Big time WRs usually step up from the start...he has no tape on him and will see single coverage all game...he should be a difference maker from the start.

We have notoriously have had problems with 3-4 fronts....I'm not confident in this game. I think it'll be a hard fought game that comes down to big plays.

Dallas 24-20....but easily could go the other way if we lose the turnover battle.

Comment

• I don't see the Redskins scoring much. 20 isn't a lot to put on a defense, but I see the Cowboys D shutting them down really firm. I have some really really high hopes for the Cowboys defense this season, and I really don't see what the Redskins will have for them. I'm expecting a dominant performance. 4-6 sacks, and maybe a turnover or two. Remember that Williams is a rookie going against one of the best, if not the best, defensive players in the game in DeMarcus Ware.
                          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                            I think Dez has a big game. Big time WRs usually step up from the start...he has no tape on him and will see single coverage all game...he should be a difference maker from the start.

We have notoriously have had problems with 3-4 fronts....I'm not confident in this game. I think it'll be a hard fought game that comes down to big plays.

Dallas 24-20....but easily could go the other way if we lose the turnover battle.
                            I think Dez does what most rookie WR do in their first year -- very little.

Man crush for a rookie not a RB is premature to say the least.

Comment

• I think Clinton Portis runs all over us.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                I think Clinton Portis runs all over us.
                                As much as I hate to agree, I do. While the Redskins can be a doormat for some teams, they ALWAYS play us tough, and that definitly applies to clinton portis.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information