Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
    Leaping off my couch and thanking god Roy freaking Williams hung on to the ball...

    Only to see the laundry on the ground in the area of holding. Wonderful. But to be completely, and brutally, honest. This might be the best thing. This game destroys any sense of entitlement that they could of had and perhaps will be the necessary motivating moment to correct their issues and play a little smarter.

    Penalties are inexcusable. You CANNOT win without discipline. Garrett... KNEEL DOWN. Romo ... SLIDE. Choice... hold on to the freaking ball. Barron... nevermind you're a BACKUP swing tackle I cannot expect you to hold your own against one of the better pash rushers in the NFC without help.

    This was a breakdown not only in terms of execution but in gameplanning. How can you expect Barron to block Orakpo? He's a backup tackle. How can you expect the Skin's not to exploit the hell out of the matchup if you don't gameplan against it. Where's the chips, double teams, etc. Take him out of the freaking game. Barron is not the reason we lost. Did he play poorly? Yes. For those calling for his release ... seriously? Brewster would have no problem going 1v1 on the outside with Orakpo?

    We were out-coached on the offensive side of the ball. Wade pitched an almost perfect game and was let down by the 'Assistant Head Coach'.

    Overall though. The sky is not falling. How many Super Bowls have the Cowboys won after sweeping the Redskins in the regular season? Zero.
    I'm with you on the penalties being a killer.

    However, here's my issue. Penalties were a huge issue when Bill was here. This is not a new problem. So is this Garrett, Phillips, Romo.....it happened with Bledsoe.

    I'm at a loss. I think it's too easy to simply say - We have penalty issues so our coaches suck.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


    -Douglas MacArthur

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
      I'm with you on the penalties being a killer.

      However, here's my issue. Penalties were a huge issue when Bill was here. This is not a new problem. So is this Garrett, Phillips, Romo.....it happened with Bledsoe.

      I'm at a loss. I think it's too easy to simply say - We have penalty issues so our coaches suck.
      Tons of mistakes and penalties
      16 -- count 'em -- 16 freaking penalties.

      We can't apologize for Wade or Garrett anymore. The only good thing I can say for Phillips is he manned up at the podium & took responsibility for the disaster play at the end of the 2nd qtr. -- "It's my fault..." -- when Garrett was the genius that dialed up that jewel of a play.

      Comment


      • Any news on Colombo yet?..

        Comment


        • Yea, that loss was just a typical Cowboys loss that has been happening for the past I don't know how many seasons. Same reasons why we lost this game, have been problems for this team forever now, nothing has changed. Garrett has gotten worse, Marion Barber halfback pass? Aaahhaahahahahahahahahahaahaha.



          I know realistically we can still win the division because all the lines look like ****, and really no team in our division just looked awesome. Still, were not gonna do **** in the playoffs with the same problems.


          And why the **** does Roy Williams look so goddamn slow out there? OMG it's like he is the slowest WR in the league, Dez comes in after no college season his last year basically, no pre-season, and somehow looks 10x better then Roy does after all this talk about off-season work blah blah blah. If we don't want to cut him fine, but Dez is so much better it's not even funny.


          That was encouraging to see, him getting looks at the end of the game, catching tough passes, he's gonna be a gamer no doubt about it. Everything else, same old **** different day. But I'd gladly take us playing our best ball in December vs September any year if we can right the ship. SB is just out of the question, but 2 playoff wins would make me very happy.





          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
            Leaping off my couch and thanking god Roy freaking Williams hung on to the ball...

            Only to see the laundry on the ground in the area of holding. Wonderful. But to be completely, and brutally, honest. This might be the best thing. This game destroys any sense of entitlement that they could of had and perhaps will be the necessary motivating moment to correct their issues and play a little smarter.

            Penalties are inexcusable. You CANNOT win without discipline. Garrett... KNEEL DOWN. Romo ... SLIDE. Choice... hold on to the freaking ball. Barron... nevermind you're a BACKUP swing tackle I cannot expect you to hold your own against one of the better pash rushers in the NFC without help.

            This was a breakdown not only in terms of execution but in gameplanning. How can you expect Barron to block Orakpo? He's a backup tackle. How can you expect the Skin's not to exploit the hell out of the matchup if you don't gameplan against it. Where's the chips, double teams, etc. Take him out of the freaking game. Barron is not the reason we lost. Did he play poorly? Yes. For those calling for his release ... seriously? Brewster would have no problem going 1v1 on the outside with Orakpo?

            We were out-coached on the offensive side of the ball. Wade pitched an almost perfect game and was let down by the 'Assistant Head Coach'.

            Overall though. The sky is not falling. How many Super Bowls have the Cowboys won after sweeping the Redskins in the regular season? Zero.
            Nah. You cant defend Barron at all. He didnt even try to block him, he mugged him from the snap. He's a freaking moron. They rushed three...all he had to do is attempt to block him, instead of bear hugging him. Get some inside hand position. Even if he didnt do his job well there, Davis would have been over to help. He did not even attempt to block him. And knowing the situation at hand...he should be cut on the spot. You hold in that situation, the game ends...he should know that. You cant just hold the guy as soon as the ball is hiked and hope for another play. One of the stupidest holds, I've ever seen. I dont want a dumb ass like that on this team. He is beyond terrible.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-13-2010, 08:10 PM.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Nah. You cant defend Barron at all. He didnt even try to block him, he mugged him from the snap. He's a freaking moron. They rushed three...all he had to do is attempt to block him, instead of bear hugging him. Get some inside hand position. Even if he didnt do his job well there, Davis would have been over to help. He did not even attempt to block him. And knowing the situation at hand...he should be cut on the spot. You hold in that situation, the game ends...he should know that. You cant just hold the guy as soon as the ball is hiked and hope for another play. One of the stupidest holds, I've ever seen. I dont want a dumb ass like that on this team. He is beyond terrible.
              And yet what is emblematic of Jerrah's GM reign -- Barron keeps his job in spite of.

              Trust me, you, I -- if he cuts him this morning. Their is a pep in the step of everyone in the Organization on Tuesday.

              Comment


              • The sad thing is...we dont have much depth there at all. So for the time being, I dont think we have much of a choice. I doubt he'd be cut, anyway. I'd cut his ass, as soon as Colombo was healthy. haha.

                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

                Comment


                • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                  And yet what is emblematic of Jerrah's GM reign -- Barron keeps his job in spite of.

                  Trust me, you, I -- if he cuts him this morning. Their is a pep in the step of everyone in the Organization on Tuesday.
                  Not sure that it emblematic. Jerry cut Suisham the day after he missed that game winning kick last year. ... weeeeelll... that wasn't his first miss. Barron should be forewarned though. He's at a crossroads right now. Either that penalty will inspire him to turn his career around or his career may be over.

                  Comment


                  • BTW... anyone else notice how well Nick Folk has been kicking? ..even in the preseason... wow

                    Comment


                    • He was lucky on that last one. That looked wide by a good 5 feet until it curved in at the last second.

                      Buehler was looking excellent in camp and preseason. :(

                      I hate kickers.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • Guys, we gave away McQuistan and kept Barron.

                        Do you think he is worse than Barron? Sorry, no.

                        Did we try to get us a RT from the cut wire? Sorry, no.

                        To say we have no depth -- we did but we traded it away and kept the wrong guy.

                        Frankly, all I needed to see from Alex Barron to know he is human waste is his picture with his FSU hat on. Then to see his happy-go-lucky look after not showing up. Enuff said. If he was a dog -- he would have been shot up with a massive narcotic and put to sleep.

                        He plays lazy.
                        His body looks horrid.
                        Thin arms, thin waist and super fat arse.

                        To me we do the following

                        Davis to RT
                        Kosier to RG
                        Gurode to C
                        Fat Arse to LG
                        Free at LT

                        .... put your 5 best OL on the field, take your lumps but get rid of the after-birth.

                        Comment


                        • McQ was pretty terrible and he was a guard. Our depth would suck regardless.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                            Guys, we gave away McQuistan and kept Barron.

                            Do you think he is worse than Barron? Sorry, no.

                            Did we try to get us a RT from the cut wire? Sorry, no.

                            To say we have no depth -- we did but we traded it away and kept the wrong guy.

                            Frankly, all I needed to see from Alex Barron to know he is human waste is his picture with his FSU hat on. Then to see his happy-go-lucky look after not showing up. Enuff said. If he was a dog -- he would have been shot up with a massive narcotic and put to sleep.

                            He plays lazy.
                            His body looks horrid.
                            Thin arms, thin waist and super fat arse.

                            To me we do the following

                            Davis to RT
                            Kosier to RG
                            Gurode to C
                            Fat Arse to LG
                            Free at LT

                            .... put your 5 best OL on the field, take your lumps but get rid of the after-birth.
                            So you say Barron is better than colombo?

                            Guys, the bottomline is, this isn;t the o-lines fault. We ran the ball, and romo had time for the most part. Sure the last play stands out, but if choice doesn't fumble and martellus doesn't commit that clip, we're 1-0.

                            We'll be fine.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              McQ was pretty terrible and he was a guard. Our depth would suck regardless.
                              Can not be any worse than Barron.

                              Barron is really really bad.

                              I gotta think McQuistan is at least smart enough to not stick his arms out like a turnstile.

                              NOTWITHSTANDING, I see OL do that to Ware all the time and it is never called.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                                So you say Barron is better than colombo?

                                Guys, the bottomline is, this isn;t the o-lines fault. We ran the ball, and romo had time for the most part. Sure the last play stands out, but if choice doesn't fumble and martellus doesn't commit that clip, we're 1-0.

                                We'll be fine.
                                You don't read so good do you? No, I am saying put the 5 best out there and cut that piece of crap Barron. When Colombo gets back he does and we got back to normality.

                                He plays poorly and from what I can see has a loser mentality. Mistakes don't bother him. Big smile after the game.

                                If I was a coach in 1500AD England, I would farggging take out his tongue with a pair of pliers and cut it off then proceed to insert it 2 feet into his rectum.

                                But if I was a GM in 2010, I cut him in worst way possible
                                Last edited by herniateddisc; 09-13-2010, 10:29 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information