Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The knee jerk brigade makes me feel better. I'm mad as hell at them being 0-2, but geez some people make it easy to have a little faith when they predict so much doom and gloom.

    There is a major problem on this team, and it's the same problem they've had for years. Mental, mental, mental. Do they like yellow? You'd think they do considering how many penalties they get every game. They also got inconsistent on offense with their production. Did anyone notice yesterday that nearly every big play on offense was followed by a negative play? They'd get a big 20 yard pass, and then on the next play they would get a penalty or run for a loss of a yard.

    Defensively I have no idea why Wade stopped bringing the heat. Early on they were beating the hell out of Cutler, and then it's like that one drive put them on their heels. That's surprising coming from him on defense because he usually adjusts enough to handle things like quick passes in the middle. Did Martz really call something spectacular, or did Wade panic after that Olsen touchdown? That was bizarre considering that Ware and Spencer were playing great.

    0-2 is a huge hole, but some people are being ridiculous about them having no chance. Have you guys looked at the rest of the league? Most of the good teams have had bad performances, or they've lost games horribly. The schedule that once looked so hard is filled with a bunch of .500 teams with more holes than the Cowboys right now. The good news is that the Cowboys have at least had close games while shooting themselves in the foot. That's a lot better than getting your ass blown out because you're lacking talent in a major area.

    The bad news is that, as one writer pointed out, there is no Emmitt Smith coming back from a holdout. Last time the Cowboys were 0-2 and made the playoffs was in 93 when Emmitt was holding out for a better contract. All other times the Cowboys were 0-2 they failed to make the playoffs. That shows the hole that they are in. Of course in context you could make the argument that the previous teams that went 0-2 have nowhere near the talent that the 2010 Cowboys have, and that the usual powerhouse teams are struggling this year. You could also make the argument that you are what your record says you are...

    Oh yeah, and Buehler needs to go as the kicker. He is not reliable at all.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

    Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

    Comment


    • The season is young. 0-2 is not the end of the world. 0-3 is going to be tough to swallow bc i don't think any 0-3 team ever made the playoffs.

      But if you win this week, you're fine. There needs to be some simple adjustments made, and I don't get why they aren't being made:

      1. Start Felix, and if hes not up to par, start Choice
      2. Start Dez
      3. Get rid of Buehler

      I think you guys are missing Crayton too, as odd as that sounds.

      But that's pretty much it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
        The knee jerk brigade makes me feel better. I'm mad as hell at them being 0-2, but geez some people make it easy to have a little faith when they predict so much doom and gloom.

        There is a major problem on this team, and it's the same problem they've had for years. Mental, mental, mental. Do they like yellow? You'd think they do considering how many penalties they get every game. They also got inconsistent on offense with their production. Did anyone notice yesterday that nearly every big play on offense was followed by a negative play? They'd get a big 20 yard pass, and then on the next play they would get a penalty or run for a loss of a yard.

        Defensively I have no idea why Wade stopped bringing the heat. Early on they were beating the hell out of Cutler, and then it's like that one drive put them on their heels. That's surprising coming from him on defense because he usually adjusts enough to handle things like quick passes in the middle. Did Martz really call something spectacular, or did Wade panic after that Olsen touchdown? That was bizarre considering that Ware and Spencer were playing great.

        0-2 is a huge hole, but some people are being ridiculous about them having no chance. Have you guys looked at the rest of the league? Most of the good teams have had bad performances, or they've lost games horribly. The schedule that once looked so hard is filled with a bunch of .500 teams with more holes than the Cowboys right now. The good news is that the Cowboys have at least had close games while shooting themselves in the foot. That's a lot better than getting your ass blown out because you're lacking talent in a major area.

        The bad news is that, as one writer pointed out, there is no Emmitt Smith coming back from a holdout. Last time the Cowboys were 0-2 and made the playoffs was in 93 when Emmitt was holding out for a better contract. All other times the Cowboys were 0-2 they failed to make the playoffs. That shows the hole that they are in. Of course in context you could make the argument that the previous teams that went 0-2 have nowhere near the talent that the 2010 Cowboys have, and that the usual powerhouse teams are struggling this year. You could also make the argument that you are what your record says you are...

        Oh yeah, and Buehler needs to go as the kicker. He is not reliable at all.
        I like it when someone says don't over react and then proceeds to imply / tell us

        1) We can't fix a problem we have had for years that has proven fatal every time.
        2) Our FG kicker is unreliable and we knew this since last January.
        3) Our DC got cockee stains in the knickers at the site of Cutler and Knox.
        4) We lost to two teams who will struggle to make the playoffs.

        To quote Woody from Toy Story "Now is the perfect time to panick!"
        Last edited by herniateddisc; 09-20-2010, 12:12 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          The season is young. 0-2 is not the end of the world. 0-3 is going to be tough to swallow bc i don't think any 0-3 team ever made the playoffs.

          But if you win this week, you're fine. There needs to be some simple adjustments made, and I don't get why they aren't being made:

          1. Start Felix, and if hes not up to par, start Choice
          2. Start Dez
          3. Get rid of Buehler

          I think you guys are missing Crayton too, as odd as that sounds.

          But that's pretty much it.
          Your NJ boy Garrett is horrid.

          I don't know if someone else can call plays and run practice but they should find him.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
            Your NJ boy Garrett is horrid.

            I don't know if someone else can call plays and run practice but they should find him.
            I still can't believe he called a HB pass with Marion Barber.

            Comment


            • Ray Sherman used to call plays. haha.

              And no...we're not missing Crayton at all. In what way exactly?

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                I like it when someone says don't over react and then proceeds to tell us

                1) We can't fix a problem we have had for years that has proven fatal every time.
                2) Our FG kicker is unreliable and we knew this since last January.
                3) Our DC got cockee stains in the knickers at the site of Cutler and Knox.
                4) We lost to two teams who will struggle to make the playoffs.

                To quote Woody from Toy Story "Now the perfect time to panick!"
                Exactly. The difference between the overreactions of today, and say...The "December meltdowns"....are..These issues are the same problems that have been plaguing this team for awhile. The difference is there was usually a buffer there that people would lean on. There's no buffer, there's no example that we can pull from this year that shows that things can be different. The Cowboys aren't playing good football right now, and it's mostly self inflicted. Can they play good football? Sure. Is there any indication that they will. None.

                It's early in the season, and it's only two L's, but they were against two opponents that we were expecting to win against....or at least look good in losing to.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Ray Sherman used to call plays. haha.

                  And no...we're not missing Crayton at all. In what way exactly?
                  I will take anyone.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Ray Sherman used to call plays. haha.

                    And no...we're not missing Crayton at all. In what way exactly?
                    Was there any time this season so far where a slot WR made a play? I saw both Cowboys games, and I can't recall a single time.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Ray Sherman used to call plays. haha.

                      And no...we're not missing Crayton at all. In what way exactly?
                      I don't see how Crayton would have helped either. None of the problems have been related to wideouts too much yet. Outside of the Roy fumble, those plays that Crayton would have made happened with other receivers. I'm probably the biggest Crayton homer on this board, but I don't think they miss him just yet. Once Dez settles in Crayton will probably be an after thought. Right now that only looks like it's a matter of time. That's one of the reasons why I have some faith in the team outside of being a die hard fan. Dez is going to win a few games this season. He won't be a Pro Bowler, but he's got big play written all over him.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

                      Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Was there any time this season so far where a slot WR made a play? I saw both Cowboys games, and I can't recall a single time.
                        Miles is playing the slot in 3 WR formations...so we're going to be just fine there.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Was there any time this season so far where a slot WR made a play? I saw both Cowboys games, and I can't recall a single time.
                          Austin Game 1 this year.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Miles is playing the slot in 3 WR formations...so we're going to be just fine there.
                            Hmmm.

                            Well get rid of Roy already. Then you can have Miles and Dez outside and a real slot WR inside.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Hmmm.

                              Well get rid of Roy already. Then you can have Miles and Dez outside and a real slot WR inside.
                              Preaching to the choir there... yes, we all want Roy gone. Hurd has the capability of being a fine slot WR.

                              As predicted... Jason Garrett is failing us.

                              As argued... Wade Phillips was the wrong hire.

                              As initially declared the day the draft ended... Our 2009 Draft was a complete disaster.

                              ...and now this... Felix Jones is following the career path of Julius Jones. He was wonderful in flashes to start his career... then when given the starting role, he totally collapsed and eventually blamed his weight and the OL. I predict Felix will do the same.


                              As defended... Marion Barber is a stud. He continues to outproduce the other backs while facing the same circumstances.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Preaching to the choir there... yes, we all want Roy gone. Hurd has the capability of being a fine slot WR.

                                As predicted... Jason Garrett is failing us.

                                As argued... Wade Phillips was the wrong hire.

                                As initially declared the day the draft ended... Our 2009 Draft was a complete disaster.

                                ...and now this... Felix Jones is following the career path of Julius Jones. He was wonderful in flashes to start his career... then when given the starting role, he totally collapsed and eventually blamed his weight and the OL. I predict Felix will do the same.


                                As defended... Marion Barber is a stud. He continues to outproduce the other backs while facing the same circumstances.
                                Choice is my favorite of the 3. I liked him more than Felix coming out, and I still like him better now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information