This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Garrett needs to simplify things...and that delayed draw, hasnt worked at all this year. Felix is getting crushed at the line every time we've called it thus far. No where to run.

Garrett has a rather innovative playbook, he can draw them up. He's just ******** when it comes to calling them. He's got a good football mind, but he's not a playcaller.
    Not very pragmatic, his plays look great on ppr. & when run in practice but against NFL-quality defenses the reality is a different story ths yr.

And he's too inflexible, doesnt adjust well at halftime & in games. The good angel on his left shoulder needs to shout louder in his ear telling him to work the defense & find those weak spots in their cover 2s & zones, stop listening to the bad angel who tells him he's a goddamned flawless playcalling genius & the next HC of the Dallas Cowboys.

Someone needs to put a poster with 3-ft. letting on his office that reads NO PLAN SURVIVES THE BATTLEFIELD, or maybe the old boxing aphorism:

Everybody has a plan, until they get hit.....

IMO offensive success the NFL is all about halftime adjustments, a smart, experienced staff spotting the holes in otherwise badass defenses & exploiting the opportunities when they are presented.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      IMO offensive success the NFL is all about halftime adjustments, a smart, experienced staff spotting the holes in otherwise badass defenses & exploiting the opportunities when they are presented.
      Remember when Parcells and Sparano and Haley were around we scored lots of points in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
        Remember when Parcells and Sparano and Haley were around we scored lots of points in the second half.
        Because they score so many points in the 2nd half with Miami now, and they draft so well too.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Because they score so many points in the 2nd half with Miami now, and they draft so well too.
          First, it would be nice if you dealt with the point itself.

Second, 2-0.

Think about it.

Comment

Second, 2-0.

Think about it.

Oh so the point wasn't about scoring points in the 2nd half? My mistake. For some reason I thought it was. But hey, since the goal of the season is all about going 2-0, wish we could be like Miami and get that ring.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by herniateddisc
              If you're looking to jump off the Dallas bandwagon, the Miami Fins are a good alternate choice. With Sparano & half the Dallas FO that Parcells stole a few yrs. back it's kind of like Dallas-South Beach there.

I'm picking the Fins over the Jets this weekend as my only upset b/c they just seem to have the Jets number over the yrs. Underrated Henne has some bad games from time to time but has proven himself as the best franchise QB among the 233 or so new QBs they've had there since Marino retired, while Sanchez isn't the Sanchise they're touting him to be, not yet anyway.

And they're young & have built their team the Parcells formula way, through the draft & from the inside-out from the interior OL & the DL + smart FA acquisitions like Dansby, whom Zona turned into a bonafide defensive superstar then told him to hit the bricks like they do everybody there when they ask the cheapass Bidwills for more $.... it's the NFL, wake up Bidwells, you get what you pay for.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Garrett needs to simplify things...and that delayed draw, hasnt worked at all this year. Felix is getting crushed at the line every time we've called it thus far. No where to run.

Garrett has a rather innovative playbook, he can draw them up. He's just ******** when it comes to calling them. He's got a good football mind, but he's not a playcaller.
                I agree. I think the offense really does need to get back to basics. Get those big bodied OL on a body and ram the ball up in there. The success they had with Barber early were on between the tackles, here we come-type runs. Pear it back and try to do 2 dozen plays really well instead of going into a game with 4 dozen plays.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• As for the coaching thing, I've been reading up on some things and I think this will be Fisher's last year in Tenn barring a SB appearance.

I would love to have Jeff Fisher here. What do you guys think?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Second, 2-0.

Think about it.
                    And they just won the superbowl.. and we went 0-16.. right? Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      As for the coaching thing, I've been reading up on some things and I think this will be Fisher's last year in Tenn barring a SB appearance.

Any reputable, respected coach is fine with me. Cowher, Gruden, Fisher.

No Wade phillips', no name coordinators, or unsuccessful former head coaches.

Enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        As for the coaching thing, I've been reading up on some things and I think this will be Fisher's last year in Tenn barring a SB appearance.

Jerry Jones would love to have Fisher there too, & he's said so on camera.

It's a no brainer that Fisher is fed up with Bud Adams bad-mouthing him in press conferences after losses, anyone would be. As problematic an owner as Jerry is he would be a picnic at the beach compared to that scabrous a-hole Bud Adams, ask FB fans in Houston what hey think of him.

Comment

• Are you guys dumb or something?

Our next HC is Jason Garrett. Don't fool yourselves.

Comment

• I know that the signs have been pointing that direction for some time. However, I just have a hard time thinking that Jerry thinks he could passify the masses with that type of hire, especially if the season goes horribly wrong as it's could be on the verge of doing.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Are you guys dumb or something?

Our next HC is Jason Garrett. Don't fool yourselves.
                              And I think he will be a way better HC than OC. Actually I don't dislike him that much as an OC, I dislike him as a playcaller.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I've often thought that Garrett might make a better HC than a coordinator. I know that sounds strange, but you may be right.

My fear though is that we have this window of opportunity here with Romo and Ware in their prime and what if Garrett isn't ready, yet?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information