This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    Those steelers teams couldn't hold this team's jock strap, talent wise.
    True.....Talent wise they were inferior, but they played alot harder than the current team. Also, they were better coach in all phases of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I think that is true, but overstated. That's easy to work around. Shanny brought in Trent Williams and Jamaal Brown. Both would've fit our scheme.

What I'm saying is that would've have been far away from making changes for that to get in the way. We didn't have a chance to draft Trent Williams, but we have Free who IS perfect for Shanny. Kosier and Columbo would also fit. We could've moved Gurode to Guard and then he would've fit. The only one completely out of place is Davis.

Simply acquire a Center... and trade Davis, then Bam. We're there.

We need to be looking for Centers in next year's draft. Gurode is a terrible pass protector and has major inadequacies in analyzing the defense and calling the line plays anyways.

Bottom line... we could've managed our way around the situation without a complete overhaul of personnel.
      The team would be alot better off with Shanny. They would be in shape and play with a sense of urgency.

Comment

• I have stated over and over again that Gurode is a mediocre Center b/c he can not make line calls on the fly.

I always thought Gurode was a Guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
          I have stated over and over again that Gurode is a mediocre Center b/c he can not make line calls on the fly.

I always thought Gurode was a Guard.
          Yeah and people think he's great because he's a good run blocker. However, they don't realize he sucks a lot in pass protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Yeah and people think he's great because he's a good run blocker. However, they don't realize he sucks a lot in pass protection.
            196.5% Agree

Personally, I think he is the A number 1 reason why the line falls apart in the playoffs.

Comment

• ...so um... I didn't even want to think ahead, but I just did. Wanted to find out who we're playing on Sunday. Goodness gracious... we're only playing the hottest team in the NFL right now in their home...

Prediction: Houston Texans 35, Dallas Cowboys 16

Comment

• Wrong

Cowboys 31 Texans 14

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                  You really are a treat.
                  And fact is YES I RATHER BE A MIAMI FAN RIGHT NOW THAN A COWBOYS FAN. MIAMI IS MOVING FORWARD, not sideways.
                  It finally happened!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                    Does any of you think that Sam Young can have the same success of Doug Free but on the right side?
                    I think he could...he played with the 2nd team offense most of TC...just something to note. I still think if we can find better we don't wait on him tho...6th round isn't a big investment..but I do think he has the ability to be a player in the future.

Comment

• Jason Garrett has been called out by Jerry on multiple occasions in the past 12 months...future head coach...ya right. The only way you get him the reigns is if he can bring veteran coordinators with him...but he can't. His ties are all employed.

Now if we are talking 3 years ago we have Cam Cameron and Dom Capers...geez that makes me sick everytime I see that...now that is a coaching staff that can adjust and change throughout a game....damn that sucks to see.

Anyways...Fisher would easily be my #1 choice...I remember talking about him 2 years ago if Wade was fired. I'd rather keep Wade and get rid of Garrett but thats just a pipe dream also.

Lastly I think it's interesting to note that if Jason Garrett was in fact to get the HC job...I'm pretty sure as MOTH has said in the past OC gig would likely go to his brother John. Now doesn't that sound awful...not only losing Wade who is the best part of this coaching staff but get a playcaller who has never done it in the NFL...that would be the dumbest decision this team could make. Jerry is called stupid...but he sure isn't that stupid.

And lastly...D you've been in the sun too long if you think there is anyway in the world that a head coach from a team would take a demotion and stay with the team. What kind of respect does a coach who gets demoted have...I can't recall a single time this has ever happened and it won't happen here.

Comment

• Yeah...John would get that job, more than likely. But I get the feeling that Jason would still call the plays. And that's just not acceptable. But really, Jason doesnt deserve to be handed the reigns at all.

Anyway...I fully expect Schaub to carve us up. He always looks good against us, granted we see him in preseason, but we never look good against this guy. That said, I want to think we're going to win it. The offense will be righted eventually...Garrett is a moron, but they are still too talented for him to keep them down all season. Hell, go no huddle if need be...we do better when Romo is calling them on the fly, anyway. That wont happen, but yeah. I expect the secondary to get beat down a bit...but I want to think we'll win it. That's the best I can do, I cant in good faith, guarantee a win. haha. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Question: IF the Cowboys were to lose to the Texans this week, would Wade Phillips still have a job after the bye week or would he be dusting off his resume and pounding the pavement?

Comment

• He wont get fired during the season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                              Jason Garrett has been called out by Jerry on multiple occasions in the past 12 months...future head coach...ya right. The only way you get him the reigns is if he can bring veteran coordinators with him...but he can't. His ties are all employed.

Now if we are talking 3 years ago we have Cam Cameron and Dom Capers...geez that makes me sick everytime I see that...now that is a coaching staff that can adjust and change throughout a game....damn that sucks to see.

Anyways...Fisher would easily be my #1 choice...I remember talking about him 2 years ago if Wade was fired. I'd rather keep Wade and get rid of Garrett but thats just a pipe dream also.

Lastly I think it's interesting to note that if Jason Garrett was in fact to get the HC job...I'm pretty sure as MOTH has said in the past OC gig would likely go to his brother John. Now doesn't that sound awful...not only losing Wade who is the best part of this coaching staff but get a playcaller who has never done it in the NFL...that would be the dumbest decision this team could make. Jerry is called stupid...but he sure isn't that stupid.

And lastly...D you've been in the sun too long if you think there is anyway in the world that a head coach from a team would take a demotion and stay with the team. What kind of respect does a coach who gets demoted have...I can't recall a single time this has ever happened and it won't happen here.
                              Eh... history doesn't predict the future. Wade was told to be DC by Jerry. When has that happened that an owner would tell the HC that he can't hire a DC and that he must be it?

...and it's only a hope that Wade would stay on as DC, not a prediction. IMO, it would be a smart move if the new HC would agree. Wade has no ego that would get in the way, imo. ...and I think he is one of the top defensive playcallers in the game. This team just needs better leadership at the HC position.

Wade as DC isn't the problem. Our defense is solid. Garrett is failing the team. I hope to hell that he is fired. I only said he would be HC in a really sarcastic way... . He disgusts me.

I think he would be fired before Wade.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                He wont get fired during the season.
                                ...I wish Garrett would.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information