This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    What does that even mean? Why would I want our players to suck? We've all seen tons of Carp and McQ. They played poorly.

Carp found his little niche at nickel LB, but was never good in Dallas. And then he got cut by ST. Louis for playing terribly. Honestly, Parcells was probably the only one who would give him a job. And it just so happens they have injuries at ILB, so they could use someone who knows the system. Carp is terrible.

Why did you even bring up Peterman, Fujita, and Shanle? Peterman was always hurt in Dallas, never really got a chance to show what he could do. Fujita is like 32 and not even a Parcells player. He was on Dallas for like a year. He's okay, I guess...far from anything special. And Shanle's just some guy also....he's not any better than what we have. Of course guys we cut can play elsewhere...I fail to recognize your point. None of the before mentioned players are even that good.
    My point is I don't think many fans here really can judge talent of how that talent contributes to cohesion and a well functioning team.

Carp is so terrible he is starting. McQuistan is so terrible he is starting. You guys sit around singing praises of players who are as mediocre as some you bash simply b/c you like them.

Hurd is a perfect example of a fine player, stuck in a bad place and while I have never been impressed by anything he does on the field -- I don't think he sucks. I just think he has a role -- 3rd WR and ST. That is his limit.

Carp and McQuistan are the same -- adequate guys who in the long run won't cost much and basically fill a need well enough. Kosier to me is much the same -- not great but good enough. Fasano -- same thing -- good enough for what they needed but fannies run him out b/c he is not the next Kellen Winslow. Lousaka Polite, all Pro FB, but he sucked so we needed to waste a 6th on Deon Anderson.

You will never get All-Pro production from every player on the field and sometimes adequate athletes who ware smart and do their assignments perfectly are better than the star.

Then you have fannies sweat players like Bigg Davis and frankly I have seen him toasted so often as to be embarrassing but he gets love because he looks great in sweat pants and in the weight room. Loving up Martellus but he is not a difference maker yet and makes tons of mistakes.

Polite, Fasano, Carpenter, McQuistan, Proctor were all good enough for what they were needed for but ....... player movement for the sake of plaeyr movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
      My point is I don't think many fans here really can judge talent of how that talent contributes to cohesion and a well functioning team.

Carp is so terrible he is starting. McQuistan is so terrible he is starting. You guys sit around singing praises of players who are as mediocre as some you bash simply b/c you like them.

Hurd is a perfect example of a fine player, stuck in a bad place and while I have never been impressed by anything he does on the field -- I don't think he sucks. I just think he has a role -- 3rd WR and ST. That is his limit.

Carp and McQuistan are the same -- adequate guys who in the long run won't cost much and basically fill a need well enough. Kosier to me is much the same -- not great but good enough. Fasano -- same thing -- good enough for what they needed but fannies run him out b/c he is not the next Kellen Winslow. Lousaka Polite, all Pro FB, but he sucked so we needed to waste a 6th on Deon Anderson.

You will never get All-Pro production from every player on the field and sometimes adequate athletes who ware smart and do their assignments perfectly are better than the star.

Then you have fannies sweat players like Bigg Davis and frankly I have seen him toasted so often as to be embarrassing but he gets love because he looks great in sweat pants and in the weight room. Loving up Martellus but he is not a difference maker yet and makes tons of mistakes.

Polite, Fasano, Carpenter, McQuistan, Proctor were all good enough for what they were needed for but ....... player movement for the sake of plaeyr movement.
      Carp and McQ are starting because of injuries/illness.

And Carp is so good...to have been cut by the powerhouse Rams.

As for Hurd...I surely think he can start for a number of teams. There are some poor receiving cores out there. Dont take every one of my Hurd posts seriously...I ham them up all the time. Just to mess with people. Now my love for him and his work ethic is legit. But me posting pics and commenting on every tackle is just me being silly. But dont get me wrong, I love the guy and do think he has the talent to start in this league. The opportunity has never been given, but he does have a great deal of talent and drive to work with. We're just very deep at WR.

But what the heck is wrong with wanting to replace "adequate" talent with better talent? The players you named can play for some teams, but they're just guys. No, you cant have Pro Bowlers at every positon...but you would like to have the best players possible. And all those guys mentioned, were certainly players we could have upgraded. McQ and Procter should not even be defended. They were both terrible in Dallas...so you should have no problem seeing why, people wanted to get rid of them in the first place. Our O-line depth has been bad for years and they werent helping the cause. Carp was bad here, enough said. Fasano wasnt bad, and a lot of us liked him...but come on, he was just a backup TE, with no real future in Dallas. They envsioned a double TE offense with an athletic mismatch as that 2nd TE. On paper Martellus fit that bill. This hasnt materialized as hoped, as of yet. I wouldnt get so up in arms about it. Bennett is still better than Fasano at damn near everything. Like Fasano, Bennett is a backup who rarely sees any targets...the guy is still uber talented, more so than Fasano. As for Polite...I liked Polite, but he wasnt much of a blocker. Injury prone and they liked the potential of a Hoyte. Then they went with a little more conventional/experienced blocker in Deon. Who isnt even here anymore, recently being cut. He didnt even fit that bill that well, never being a great blocker, anyway.

Welcome to the nfl and nfl fandom...dont get so worked up. Player movement happens, you constantly strive to get better and upgrade. And fans can be ruthless and fickle. The majority of the guys you mentioned, fit BP's JAG term to a tee. Have we really let anyone go that we really regret doing so? Not really.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-27-2010, 12:01 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Stop the arguing. We just smacked the hottest team in football.

On a good injury note, Kosier said it doesn't seem to be serious and if the game was close he would've went back in, and we have the bye. So thats good.

Comment

• Also, to start up a discussion, i know this might be blaspehmy to some but...

Does anyone think Witten might be slowing down just a bit?... He might just be in a slump but idk.

Comment

• Not arguing.

But yeah, I'm done for the night. I'm tired and this is starting to look a lot like the old days. I'm filling up pages by myself again. Not cool. lol.

Twas a great win, indeed. That upcoming Titans match up is an interesting one. I dont think it's too favorably for us, either. I'm happy we have an extra week to prepare for it.

edit...after that post ^...

Witten's playing fine...I'm glad Romo targeted him a little more today. Miles has stolen some of his fire, but Witten still needs to remain Romo's best friend on that field. I wouldnt worry about Witten.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-27-2010, 12:20 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Not arguing.

But yeah, I'm done for the night. I'm tired and this is starting to look a lot like the old days. I'm filling up pages by myself again. Not cool. lol.

Twas a great win, indeed. That upcoming Titans match up is an interesting one. I dont think it's too favorably for us, either. I'm happy we have an extra week to prepare for it.
              What do you think about the point I brought up on Witten?

Comment

• Couple of quick ones after the game.

Dez looks sooo natural.... He is gonna be good.

I cant be mad at any of the running backs after this win.

Roy Williams-he has been really good, so far this season.

Dont get too excited. The Texans corners have not had a good game yet.

Line was great.

Pass rush was great.

Last point. Newman is playing really good. I love watching him battle Johnson. He may not make a lot of big plays, but he may be the best tackler in the league. Every tackle he makes is perfect. I could make a "how to" video of his tackling in open field. I am just in love with the way he wraps up.
                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• I meant his ability to tackle compared to most cornerbacks. Obviously he would not compete with a middle linebacker.
                  I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    What do you think about the point I brought up on Witten?
                    I responded in my previous post. I wouldnt worry about him. His statistics will naturally take a hit with the talent we have at WR. He's playing just fine and today was more of a focus for Tony, which I liked. Throws to Witten are high percentage throws, he just gets open. Witten is what? 28? Coming of another huge year. He's got many a year left in the tank. Looks like a Cowboy lifer.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I responded in my previous post. I wouldnt worry about him. His statistics will naturally take a hit with the talent we have at WR. He's playing just fine and today was more of a focus for Tony, which I liked. Throws to Witten are high percentage throws, he just gets open. Witten is what? 28? Coming of another huge year. He's got many a year left in the tank. Looks like a Cowboy lifer.
                      I didn't see it until now, and I hope your right. Just me nit-picking after a win, haha.

Comment

Carp and McQ are starting because of injuries/illness.

And Carp is so good...to have been cut by the powerhouse Rams.

As for Hurd...I surely think he can start for a number of teams. There are some poor receiving cores out there. Dont take every one of my Hurd posts seriously...I ham them up all the time. Just to mess with people. Now my love for him and his work ethic is legit. But me posting pics and commenting on every tackle is just me being silly. But dont get me wrong, I love the guy and do think he has the talent to start in this league. The opportunity has never been given, but he does have a great deal of talent and drive to work with. We're just very deep at WR.

But what the heck is wrong with wanting to replace "adequate" talent with better talent? The players you named can play for some teams, but they're just guys. No, you cant have Pro Bowlers at every positon...but you would like to have the best players possible. And all those guys mentioned, were certainly players we could have upgraded. McQ and Procter should not even be defended. They were both terrible in Dallas...so you should have no problem seeing why, people wanted to get rid of them in the first place. Our O-line depth has been bad for years and they werent helping the cause. Carp was bad here, enough said. Fasano wasnt bad, and a lot of us liked him...but come on, he was just a backup TE, with no real future in Dallas. They envsioned a double TE offense with an athletic mismatch as that 2nd TE. On paper Martellus fit that bill. This hasnt materialized as hoped, as of yet. I wouldnt get so up in arms about it. Bennett is still better than Fasano at damn near everything. Like Fasano, Bennett is a backup who rarely sees any targets...the guy is still uber talented, more so than Fasano. As for Polite...I liked Polite, but he wasnt much of a blocker. Injury prone and they liked the potential of a Hoyte. Then they went with a little more conventional/experienced blocker in Deon. Who isnt even here anymore, recently being cut. He didnt even fit that bill that well, never being a great blocker, anyway.

Welcome to the nfl and nfl fandom...dont get so worked up. Player movement happens, you constantly strive to get better and upgrade. And fans can be ruthless and fickle. The majority of the guys you mentioned, fit BP's JAG term to a tee. Have we really let anyone go that we really regret doing so? Not really.
                        Rams tried to make him a 4-3 DE. WTF? Do you follow this game at all?

Polite not much a blocker? Again, do you realllly watch the game?

Again, player movement for the sake of player movement makes no sense when you are throwing away draft picks to then cover up those moves.

Comment

• Witten has lost a step and he was never fast to begin with.

I have proposed, and now a proponent of, trading him while his value his still very high.

Comment

Witten has lost a step and he was never fast to begin with.

I have proposed, and now a proponent of, trading him while his value his still very high.
                            Speed is not what's important to me in a TE.

As you have said... he was never fast to begin with. Yet, he has been a successful and integral part of the offense. He is NOT one of the problems holding this team back. The cohesiveness he shares with Romo is invaluable. You don't just replace that over night.

For a guy who complains about losing Shanle, Proctor and McQuistan... you sure seem to be contradicting own beliefs.

Comment

Peterman starts for Detroit. Fujita. Shanle. They all suck too?
                              Eeeewe, they suck.

Comment

According to this, Barron is good because he started for the Cowboys? It's the same situation: McQuistan started because of injury, Barron started because of injury. That doesn't classify them as good players. Barron IS terrible and despite of that he was starting the season opener.

And BTW, Carpenter did not start.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information