Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and Bob, isn't it funny how your prediction for us was like 12-4 and we would beat the texans like 31-14, but you just continue to hate..

Hey bro, Parcells has one 2 rings in like 50 years in the league in some form or another with players like lawrence taylor... he isn't god. He's whatever bro. Go cry about it.

Comment

• SOMEONE E-MAIL THIS STATE TO JASON GARRETT:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_spotlight

21-2 when we run over 27 times under Romo, 13-15 when under 27 attempts.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post

21-2 when we run over 27 times under Romo, 13-15 when under 27 attempts.
        Misleading....Garrett runs the ball when we're up...So more than likely these wins were when we held a lead going into 4th. I read a stat that said the Cowboys win like 85% of the time when they're leading at halftime.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
          Misleading....Garrett runs the ball when we're up...So more than likely these wins were when we held a lead going into 4th. I read a stat that said the Cowboys win like 85% of the time when they're leading at halftime.
          Yeah, it is misleading, but I don't think it's so misleading that the message the numbers are saying doesn't ring true. Maybe we're 17-6 instead of 21-2, but the fact remains that if we run more, we have a better chance at winning.

I would never use halftime score as a useful measure of how to game plan.

Comment

• Ugh. At Kosier being out for an extended amount of time again. I've def. grown to like him over the years. More so than most Cowboy fans. All he did was get better just about every year, here. Probably played well enough to make a Pro Bowl the one year.

Dezzy is also playing with some fractured ribs. I've been there myself a few times...not fun. lol. Played just fine obviously. The rest will do us some good. And again, with the TEs being banged up...I hope Garrett plans on implementing some deeper WR sets. I would love to see 4 or 5 real WRs out there once in a while. I dont know why we dont have that many spread formations, when we're so deep at WR. We're just as deep or deeper than Green Bay. I'd actually def. say we're deeper, but we never seem to get them all on the field at the same time. It would only add a dimension. Doesnt have to be a straight move to the spread. haha. But yeah, I'd like to protect Witten/Bennett just a tad against the Titans. And with Jason Mccourty out, we may be able to exploit that secondary...once again, assuming our line holds up. But yeah, they dont have the corner depth to match up.

Repeating myself a bit, but I'd like to see it.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-28-2010, 09:25 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Hey D-Unit:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ed...68A8C2AF634E1F

Comment

• So Dez had to pay 54-55K for a team dinner? bleeeeeeeeh. This is nothing new, to pin a massive bill on the rook. But god, I'd be damned pissed. If they just wanted to throw money out, they could have sent some my way or at least donate it. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• How awesome must it have been to be that restaurant? You pulled in 55K lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    You want a break? You got it. Ban till the BYE week is over. You can come back to talk about Week 5. While you're taking a break think about how we don't care about feeding your ego.

And for the record since you ignored my earlier post... No single person was going to replace TO. When we cut him, we knew that it would take a collective effort to replace him, but Jerry and the staff had confidence that the remaining guys would step up and we could still be successful.

Roy was initially brought in to help us make a strong playoff push. The duo of TO and Roy was a tantalizing idea. Unfortunately Roy didn't gel as quickly as hoped. The team unraveled amist rumored lockerroom dissention.

Roy was a big reason why Jerry let go of TO during that offseason. But that wasn't the initial plan when we brought in Roy. The ending of the season left a sour taste in many people's mouths and things sorta just unraveled. TO was made a scapegoat. The decision was quick and rash. Roy was the eventual successor to TO as the Cowboys #1 WR, but the plan wasn't for it to happen this soon. The fact that the season ended so abrupt fast forwarded the thought process.

Roy had big shoes to fill. It was an expectation that he would be the new #1 WR. But that the rest of the WR corps would have to step up as well. The thinking behind letting TO go was to allow this team to once and for all, truly be "Tony's Team". Without the hounding presence of TO, Tony would have more freedom to spread the ball around at the "right" guy and not force it to the loudest guy crying for it. No one person was expected to replace TO's numbers, but collectively as an offensive unit... between the RBs, TEs and WRs... they were all expected to step up and not just replace TO's numbers, but play more cohesively and together as a "team". For the Cowboys to foster the "team concept" was the ultimate number one goal for letting TO go.

You want to argue that one person... "Roy" was supposedly THE reason for Jerry cutting TO, and that Austin was just a happenstance that Jerry lucked out on. You couldn't be more wrong. Without faith in the rest of the guys on the roster, Jerry would not have let go of TO.

This is the end of the historic topic. There's no need to revisit it, so that someone can puff up their own pride based off mistaken logic. If this continues, then I will consider it provoking our user base and a permanent ban will occur.
                    Agree with most but, I disagree with your second to last paragraph. I am not stating that nor do I think I have.

I am stating there were a few very big reasons of which Roy was one of them. Miles was not a big reason.

That was the point being discussed which deviated into misrepresentations, fabrications and lies.

G'night.

Comment

• Goodnight Rob. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post

Where'd you read this?
                        Sorry. Earlier my only source was from my cell phone, but here's a legit source.
                        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-kosier-again/
                        Dallas' rousing road victory in Houston came with a casualty.

Jan Hubbard of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that starting Dallas left guard Kyle Kosier will miss roughly four weeks after spraining his right knee again.

Kosier will undergo an MRI on Monday, but it appears he re-injured the knee that kept him out for much of the preseason and Week One. Dallas' defense can carry the team most weeks, but the aging offensive line still looks like group that could prevent the Cowboys from fulfilling their Super Bowl aspirations.
                        Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Dallas' run defense has been giving up some bad running lanes this year, regardless of scheme. Just so happens we faced two bad running teams before the Texans. Portis/Forte arent scaring anyone these days and our defense has the speed to close. There will be holes for CJ, and Dallas probably wont be able to close them fast enough. I'd be shocked if he doesnt gash us for over 115-120 pretty easily. And CJ breaks plenty of runs inside the tackles. So Ware and Spencer can be neutralized in the running game. I love our defense, but I dont trust them against any big time star RB.
                        The season is still young, but the only person to really run on the Cowboys' D well was Foster. Portis only ran for 63 yards on 18 carries, and Forte only ran for a measly 29 yards last week. Foster had a good statistical day, but as the game wore on he didn't get much outside of those big carries earlier.

If there is one thing that Dallas is elite at it's stopping the run. I'm willing to bet that they can hold CJ to about 80 yards on the ground. He's a great back that'll have a nice break or two, but the match-up is bad for him. Not many running backs have had great games against the Cowboys since 2008. They didn't give up a 100 yard rusher in so many games for a reason. It wasn't because they didn't play great backs, it's that they are just one of the best front seven units in the game.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I may be overreacting just a tad...I know statistically we looked great in the first two games, but the lanes have opened up. I was just saying I dont see us closing them fast enough, against Chris' speed. If he gets to the 2nd level, we're in for some problems. Especially with the way our safeties tackle. Dallas has certainly been suceptible to the big run, here an there. Lots of clouds of dust as well...but this CJ matchup worries me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• The safety play does worry me in the run game. I still remember those McLain runs two years ago. That was very cringe worthy, and it still is to this day. Ball concerns me a lot, but Sensy isn't so bad. He's just not exceptional, which I could live with if it wasn't Ball next to him.

On a hilarious tip, I'll mention that if Roy Williams wasn't out for the year that game those two runs wouldn't have happened. In spite of his declining play against the pass in his later years here, he was always great at stopping the run. I do know that I just dropped a bomb by mentioned old number 31, so I'm going to go back to my hideout to play Modern Warfare 2 while avoiding the war that is brewing here. lol
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• On a different note, if Roy becomes a non-factor again and we cut him, is WR a possibility in the 2nd-3rd round? A scat/slot type of guy?

Comment

• Its hard to see us retaining Roy at that price tag for another year. Parcells used to say "you can't have a steak on every plate." This isn't because you can't find them, but because you can't pay "steak" prices. We just gave Austin #1 money. Roy is already getting it. The only way you do that is if you are getting major bargains at other positions AND if you are getting an unstoppable one-two punch in return. Since neither of those are the case, the Boys will almost certainly be a) restructuring Roy's deal or b) cutting him loose altogether.

All that said, I don't see us spending another premium pick on WR unless there is a major steal available in the second or third round, essentially forcing our hands. Even then...we would probably try to trade back and get our value that way. All we really need is a decent 3rd wideout who can play some slot. Hurd and Ogletree would both be sufficient enough in the role.

I don't see it.
                                Originally posted by 21ST
                                He was protecting his self
                                Originally posted by tjsunstein
                                From what? His leg?
                                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                                That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                                "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information